Found Deceased Canada - Nick Lush, 32, Calgary, 29 March 2015 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
" “Denise is happy she doesn’t have to wonder for months ... and we know it’s a long road ahead with court,” Heald said.

“And whatever happens, this isn’t over yet, there’s going to be a lot that comes out that she doesn’t know about.”"

Odd statement. What did he do for a living again?

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/04/0...rges-in-case-of-missing-calgary-man-nick-lush
From the same link:

"Heald said family was told by investigators they are now working to recover Lush’s remains after one of the accused revealed where he could be found."

"Brad Zingel and his wife Shannon — Nick’s cousin — said they were worried about the financial situation for Denise Lush and the three young kids she cared for with Nick, and decided to start a fundraiser for the family."

"“I know the financial situation is going to be very, very tough, especially since now we know Nick’s not coming home,” Zingel said. “It’s pretty terrible, but I know they’re relieved that there is support in the interim with the reduction in their income.”

"When tragedy strikes, Zingel said it always seems to hit those who least deserve it. He said Nick was always there for anybody who needed him, and there was no one who took better care of his family."

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/13...after-murder-chargers-laid-in-nick-lush-case/

“And whatever happens, this isn’t over yet, there’s going to be a lot that comes out that she doesn’t know about.”"

So if something negative comes out, she didn't know about it?

If the criminal record is correct, I sure hope it doesn't hurt fundraising....

So if something negative comes out, she didn't know about it?

If the criminal record is correct, I sure hope it doesn't hurt fundraising....
I am pretty certain that that was an error as I stated upthread. The way the article is written, reads properly in news format if the name was supposed to be Goerzen, not Lush.

Additionally, other MSM sources have stated he doesn't have a criminal record.

I don't know... same article mentions both accused's history in the same paragraph. The alleged Lush history is a paragraph all itself.
The media would not be posting the victim's criminal history as it relates to murder charges.

In the paragraphs below, and the story itself, it is about the two accused and the charges that have been filed. The first paragraph explains the background of the person mentioned in the second:

"Court documents reveal that Lush had several prior criminal convictions, including drug possession, assault with a weapon and carrying a concealed weapon.

Goerzen is set to appear in Cochrane provincial court on April 14 and Bauer will be in court on April 21.

Bauer has prior convictions for possession of stolen property and causing a disturbance. Goerzen has no prior convictions in Alberta."

---
When new charges are brought, a person's criminal history is usually included - Especially when dealing with Homicide charges. The media would not have access to the victim's court records, but they would know the accused's if the charges were mentioned in the new filing. Since the focus of the story is on the Homicide charges, I am 99.9999% certain that CBC made an error and put the wrong name.

The media would not be posting the victim's criminal history as it relates to murder charges.

In the paragraphs below, and the story itself, it is about the two accused and the charges that have been filed. The first paragraph explains the background of the person mentioned in the second:

"Court documents reveal that Lush had several prior criminal convictions, including drug possession, assault with a weapon and carrying a concealed weapon.

Goerzen is set to appear in Cochrane provincial court on April 14 and Bauer will be in court on April 21.

Bauer has prior convictions for possession of stolen property and causing a disturbance. Goerzen has no prior convictions in Alberta."

---
When new charges are brought, a person's criminal history is usually included - Especially when dealing with Homicide charges. The media would not have access to the victim's court records, but they would know the accused's if the charges were mentioned in the new filing. Since the focus of the story is on the Homicide charges, I am 99.9999% certain that CBC made an error and put the wrong name.
Read the comments.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/04/0...rges-in-case-of-missing-calgary-man-nick-lush

---

I emailed the CBC asking if the information regarding the victim's court record is correct and the two responses I received were:

Calgary reporter/editor:
"Nick Lush has been convicted multiple times in Alberta, so the sentence is accurate."

Managing Editor:
CBC Calgary
"Those are indeed the criminal convictions against the victim of the attack, Nick Lush."

I emailed the CBC asking if the information regarding the victim's court record is correct and the two responses I received were:

"Nick Lush has been convicted multiple times in Alberta, so the sentence is accurate."

"Those are indeed the criminal convictions against the victim of the attack, Nick Lush."

Interesting. Did they say if those charges were in Calgary or elsewhere in Alberta?

I did not ask. They did not offer any other information.
I wonder why they even bring up the victim's record. Isn't that a form a victim blaming?

For our purposes in sleuthing, it is relevant, but it seems wrong to do in the same article announcing he was murdered. JMO.

I wonder why they even bring up the victim's record. Isn't that a form a victim blaming?

For our purposes in sleuthing, it is relevant, but it seems wrong to do in the same article announcing he was murdered. JMO.

I was thinking that they held off until the murder announcement so as not to hurt search efforts.

It's not blaming. Contextual background is fair.

Society would be far better off without the saint making. There would be fewer martyrs, less romantisizing of murder and suicide, and perhaps a better understanding between the cause and effect of such tragedies.

It's not blaming. Contextual background is fair.

Society would be far better off without the saint making. There would be fewer martyrs, less romantisizing of murder and suicide, and perhaps a better understanding between cause and effect of such tragedies.
I completely agree. I guess I wouldn't have done it in the same article as the announcement. MSM puts out several articles on the same story each day; surely they could have focused the context in another article... Other's did. JMO.

I believe that in Canada you have to consent to a criminal background check. I guess there's no need for consent once a candidate has officially been declared deceased.

I completely agree. I guess I wouldn't have done it in the same article as the announcement. MSM puts out several articles on the same story each day; surely they could have focused the context in another article... Other's did. JMO.
I wish others would opt for the honesty, rather than advertise fundraisers.

Public record is just that.
They still would have had to get the records by submitting a request at the courthouse. We used to have that information online until the Privacy Act forced them to take them down. They aren't 'public records' as in open for all to see.

Could NL possibly have been caught on a minor charge and to avoid prosecution or limit a sentence, ratted out someone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed
Back