Found Deceased Canada - Nick Lush, 32, Calgary, 29 March 2015 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Haha that one got me too. Its awkwardly worded, but should be something like this:
A key witness (who can only be identified as M.M.) in the persecution of Bolsa murders NZ, MR and RH told RCMP ....

That sounds better, I should have read slower. Thanks!

I think we're on different pages here. The story you reference is about an adult who got murdered, I don't see anything about young children he left behind who will need to be raised and supported for the next 10-20 years.

I am suggesting that NL's family *needs* support. I am not suggesting that people just give money to the family instead of flowers or favorite charity donation (which in fact, has been requested by the family.. which I find distasteful, personally!). I guess I'm old fashioned, but if people want to send flowers or donation to a charity (usually the deceased's favorite charity, or the family's, or whatever organization could benefit in relation to how a person dies), that is one thing... and then there is a completely separate fund-raising thing to raise funds in support of the family members left behind, who need the money because a main breadwinner is now gone. Not a fundraiser just based on sympathy, but on actual need.

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/275381/victims-mother-horrified-as-new-bolsa-murder-details-emerge/

Now ask yourself, do you feel the need to fundraise for any wives and children of the victims in this story? Did it even cross your mind that they may have families?

Sympathy is very selective for some reason, and there is a strange need to put blinders on, and keep truths hidden in order to maintain that grief stricken, victimization theme going.

There used to be people who would attend funerals of anyone... just to attend the funerals. There is something about the grieving process that people become addicted to... social media has opened that cycle up to a whole new audience, in a whole new way. We can see it in the lashing out, just like a drug addict or alcoholic when confronted with truths that challenge their need to feed the addiction.

I haven't read a thing about CB also having a child to support. Why would they leave that out of the story?

It's not that I don't feel the need to give to anyone. I'm the type of person who would give someone in need everything I had. I just don't think the crowd funding is a secure way to go.

Also CB has a baby and a woman too. Who's going to help them? Reality is we can't give to every person.

I also agree that people should know the whole truth to determine if they want to give or not. And if you choose to give without knowing then that's your call too.

The seasoned reporter stated, 'according to court documents'.. which don't in themselves give all that much info, other than what the convictions are, do they? Lazy reporting. MOO

There is a glaring lack of shock at the senselessness... the randomness... how could this have happened?

Is the inclusion of the criminal record in the report amateurish nonsense, or a hint by a seasoned reporter who has the inside story, but doesn't want to reveal sources publicly?

Is no one talking because they all know the motive, and know when it comes out, it won't paint anyone in a good light?

I haven't read a thing about CB also having a child to support. Why would they leave that out of the story?

I looked around on his FB page. A woman says me and our son. And she has photos of her and a baby.

The seasoned reporter stated, 'according to court documents'.. which don't in themselves give all that much info, other than what the convictions are, do they? Lazy reporting. MOO
Lazy, or just the facts. The details of what happened back then aren't necessarily relevant to the current issue... but the fact there is a criminal record... is.

As of now, the fund has gone up almost $1000 since it was last noted on here, it is now at $9555

I think we're on different pages here. The story you reference is about an adult who got murdered, I don't see anything about young children he left behind who will need to be raised and supported for the next 10-20 years.

I am suggesting that NL's family *needs* support. I am not suggesting that people just give money to the family instead of flowers or favorite charity donation (which in fact, has been requested by the family.. which I find distasteful, personally!). I guess I'm old fashioned, but if people want to send flowers or donation to a charity (usually the deceased's favorite charity, or the family's, or whatever organization could benefit in relation to how a person dies), that is one thing... and then there is a completely separate fund-raising thing to raise funds in support of the family members left behind, who need the money because a main breadwinner is now gone. Not a fundraiser just based on sympathy, but on actual need.
The page I am on, is to demonstrate when "gangsters" are gunned down... the public attitude is who cares if they have family left behind. Did you care if they had kids that will now need to be raised without their father? If the wife of one of the gunned down gangsters were fundraising... would you be as fervent an advocate that the family needs donations because the main breadwinner, who made his money through crime, was suddenly dead?

Well... where are the cries for a fundraiser? That child now has to grow up without a father... or is everyone judging the father on his criminal past? Sins of the father and all that shame shame stuff...

Exactly, crowd funding is biased.

Exactly, crowd funding is biased.
That is an understatement... however, my virtual eye poke was for the co-grievers that lash out at anyone questioning the fundraising for saints... Those who would prefer a pretend story, rather than the real one.

It is the "Sad Story Sensationalism" of present day main stream media. Someone should teach a course in NOT over-dramatizing reports, and to avoid saint making.

I heard somewhere that reporters aren't supposed to make the story, and how unethical it is...

All I can say is,... again... that poor kid. The child for sure will need supports and finances.. probably is already receiving supports and financial assistance (just MOO); <modsnip> NL's spouse comes across a lot more clean-cut and stand-up, altho it could all just be a show, I suppose. Her husband and father of her 3 children has been brutally murdered, while Cody, who allegedly killed him, lives on. I wonder how many years he'll get, if convicted. Your suggestion of supporting a trust fund instead was a very good one.

Well... where are the cries for a fundraiser? That child now has to grow up without a father... or is everyone judging the father on his criminal past? Sins of the father and all that shame shame stuff...

Scuffle breaks out at court appearance for man accused of murdering Calgary's Nick Lush...

COCHRANE — Supporters of an accused murderer and his alleged victim almost came to blows outside Cochrane provincial court Tuesday.

The expletive-heavy verbal confrontation erupted minutes after Kristopher Goerzen, 22, made his first court appearance, charged with the first-degree murder of Nick Lush whose body was found April 6 near Longview.

His case was put over until April 21 when he’s to be present at the same time as co-accused Cody Bauer, 24, of Calgary.

Read the rest here:

http://m.calgarysun.com/2015/04/14/...r-man-accused-of-murdering-calgarys-nick-lush

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostFromThePast
Back