Found Deceased Canada - Nick Lush, 32, Calgary, 29 March 2015 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was there ever any update on the remains found in the burnt out car on the side road ? Just wondering as I didn't see anything further in the news.

Was there ever any update on the remains found in the burnt out car on the side road ? Just wondering as I didn't see anything further in the news.

This article lists some deadly incidents in Edmonton. The article includes comment that they are still awaiting information regarding the burnt out car and the victim.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/04/08/fatal-shooting-in-west-edmonton-fuelled-by-drug-debt

"Meanwhile in another unrelated case, RCMP are still waiting for a positive identification to be made on a body that was found inside a burnt out vehicle off a dirt service road west of the city last Friday.

The vehicle was found parked at Highway 16 near Range Road 13 in Parkland County. In September 2014, the same highway at Parkland Drive was where investigators found the body of a missing 18-year-old man from New Brunswick. A Stony Plain man was later charged in connection with the death."

The article also divulges that one of the victims was wanted in Saskatchewan.

"The victim has been identified as Trevor Deleeuw, who was wanted in Saskatchewan for possession of cocaine and failure to appear. Police have yet to make an arrest in his slaying as the investigation continues."

holy carp, I had sent a family on this road to get to a good fishing spot on Saturday. this is where NL's body was found. I knew that they likely took the cowboy trail - hwy 22 - but couldn't think of where they could pull over unnoticed.

50.291148, -114.224531

It took 2 days for the ME to complete the identification; note the body was found on Monday, and the ME was working away for 2 days in just trying to ID the victim and then presumably performing the autopsy, before LE announced that 'a' body had even been found. Wow, "required dental and fingerprint comparison" to successfully ID the remains. (BBM).

The body had been deceased since March 29, and found on April 6, so 8 days decomposing. I wonder if these thugs tried to burn him to get rid of the 'evidence'? Or I suppose if he had been beaten to a pulp before being left to decompose for 8 days, that would also be gruesome, because isn't it much faster where the victim has open wounds? Must have been brutal indeed. I wonder what caused such fury in the 2 murderers to kill NL with such seeming severity.

Just another note too in that the remains were found by a police dog.

Police say identification of the remains required dental and fingerprint comparison.
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/rcmp-recover-remains-of-nick-lush-near-longview-1.2318069

"We didn’t know if we were dealing with Mr. Lush’s remains or somebody else’s given the condition of the body,” said RCMP Insp. Gibson Glavin.

Glavin wouldn’t comment on the condition of the body, saying only “that’s relative to the evidence that will be presented in court.”

http://m.calgarysun.com/2015/04/08/...-nick-lush-found-by-rcmp-near-longview-monday

When in custody, they may not see media reports, but they can still have visitors and speak to people on the phone.

They are in custody, they wouldn't see the media reports. And they seem to have a specific area to look so they must have been told something. Otherwise it would be a huge almost endless search between here and Cranbrook. It's a 4-5 hour drive. Also the BC highway to Cranbrook is very busy so if they pulled over where they wouldn't be seen as easily it would have been on the Alberta side of the drive.

How would one get to your numbers on a map?

holy carp, I had sent a family on this road to get to a good fishing spot on Saturday. this is where NL's body was found. I knew that they likely took the cowboy trail - hwy 22 - but couldn't think of where they could pull over unnoticed.

50.291148, -114.224531

50.291148, -114.224531
They must have drove off 22X, dumped the body and drove through the pass to B.C.

They must have drove off 22X, dumped the body and drove through the pass to B.C.

22 south takes you to hwy 3 and cranbrook. when they said sw of Calgary, the turner valley area came to mind. I don't think they knew the area beyond major roads, not that it's important now.

It took 2 days for the ME to complete the identification; note the body was found on Monday, and the ME was working away for 2 days in just trying to ID the victim and then presumably performing the autopsy, before LE announced that 'a' body had even been found. Wow, "required dental and fingerprint comparison" to successfully ID the remains. (BBM).

The body had been deceased since March 29, and found on April 6, so 8 days decomposing. I wonder if these thugs tried to burn him to get rid of the 'evidence'? Or I suppose if he had been beaten to a pulp before being left to decompose for 8 days, that would also be gruesome, because isn't it much faster where the victim has open wounds? Must have been brutal indeed. I wonder what caused such fury in the 2 murderers to kill NL with such seeming severity.

Just another note too in that the remains were found by a police dog.
The body was in the the putrefaction stage. Bloated from gas build up, skin starts to shed, eyes bulge out of the sockets and features are unrecognizable. The skin becomes greenish-black and identification is almost impossible without dental, fingerprints or DNA.

If he was badly beaten, the swelling and breaking of the skin would have hasten decomposition in the areas of tissue exposed to the air. All in all, not a pretty sight.

22 south takes you to hwy 3 and cranbrook. when they said sw of Calgary, the turner valley area came to mind. I don't think they knew the area beyond major roads, not that it's important now.
That is a pretty baron area. Some small bodies of water but mostly exposed land, correct?

That is a pretty baron area. Some small bodies of water but mostly exposed land, correct?

it's the beginning of the foothills, hwy 22 sort of runs between the treed foothills and the prairie foothills. I know the road in the picture very well. my guess is they saw a turn off which there are few of as you head south.

I wonder who NL got into a 'fight' with when he had been asked to leave the party... and why.. and were the 2 alleged murderers leaving with him in tow on good terms? And then they end up beating the *****e out of him?

I'm a little surprised.. today, even after body has now been found and in such a state, the fund has only grown by $625 since your post more than 24 hours ago. Although.... not really all that surprised considering the media is really playing the fact that the victim has a 'lengthy criminal past including weapons and assault charges', and so people seem to be doing as expected and passing judgement and have obviously already started slowing their support of his family.

Fund is now at $8,625.

The fundraising account is sitting at almost $8,000 right now.

I don't know.. they find bodies every day it seems, but I think it is odd to hear that after only 8 days, they had to 'compare' dental and fingerprint records, which would suggest that one or the other wasn't good enough in itself, and ME took 2 days to ID the body. I'm getting the impression something really horrific (ie more horrific than other murders) was done to this man. MOO

The body was in the the putrefaction stage. Bloated from gas build up, skin starts to shed, eyes bulge out of the sockets and features are unrecognizable. The skin becomes greenish-black and identification is almost impossible without dental, fingerprints or DNA.

If he was badly beaten, the swelling and breaking of the skin would have hasten decomposition in the areas of tissue exposed to the air. All in all, not a pretty sight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey
Back