CANADA Canada - Nicole Morin, 8, Toronto, 30 July 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope she is but I strongly doubt it. Imagine though? That would be crazy. I wonder what new place they are looking into and what leads they have. I am wondering if they already knew hence that live feed about a month or so back then this. It seems all too close to be coincidental but I guess maybe it could have been someone watching TV or online that remembered. I wish this case was closed. It haunts me to this day. It makes me mad that this happened. How could this have happened? Seriously? without a trace. ugh

I hope she is but I strongly doubt it. Imagine though? That would be crazy. I wonder what new place they are looking into and what leads they have. I am wondering if they already knew hence that live feed about a month or so back then this. It seems all too close to be coincidental but I guess maybe it could have been someone watching TV or online that remembered. I wish this case was closed. It haunts me to this day. It makes me mad that this happened. How could this have happened? Seriously? without a trace. ugh

I was surprised the detective thinks someone must have seen her. I have operating with the idea noone did hence the focus on upper floors. The Haines video suggests nobody saw her.

There are two issues of course finding Nicole and the the perp. I don't know why the det. said the are looking at areas rather than perps what does that mean? Good interview but she was playing the cards tight.

I don't know what her Dad means when he says maybe Nicole went off somewhere on her own she was just a little kid.

Now IF a nearby floor there is still no way for the perp to avoid all risk. Has to be a bit lucky still. And still needs to get nicole out. What I would like to know is whether the person who lived on a nearby floor and today has a child same age as Nicole had that child living with them back then. If not then is that child now adult Nicole? Wife looks like the mystery woman composite was made from. To me person looks like age advanced of Nicole. This is the kind of thing that is frustrating for us amateurs this has been on my mind but LE could check this in minutes.

Now IF a nearby floor there is still no way for the perp to avoid all risk. Has to be a bit lucky still. And still needs to get nicole out. What I would like to know is whether the person who lived on a nearby floor and today has a child same age as Nicole had that child living with them back then. If not then is that child now adult Nicole? Wife looks like the mystery woman composite was made from. To me person looks like age advanced of Nicole. This is the kind of thing that is frustrating for us amateurs this has been on my mind but LE could check this in minutes.

Wow! I think I have found who you are referring to based on your previous posts. She really does look like an adult Nicole. I hope this is the tip the officer is referring to in the video above.

Wow! I think I have found who you are referring to based on your previous posts. She really does look like an adult Nicole. I hope this is the tip the officer is referring to in the video above.

Anyone know what school Nicole went to? (Just found a problem with my theory an obstacle at least).

Anyone know what school Nicole went to? (Just found a problem with my theory an obstacle at least).

I read this somewhere today and now I can't find it anywhere. I recall it being Westway School, I think. If I find the link I'll let you know.

I was surprised the detective thinks someone must have seen her. I have operating with the idea noone did hence the focus on upper floors. The Haines video suggests nobody saw her.

There are two issues of course finding Nicole and the the perp. I don't know why the det. said the are looking at areas rather than perps what does that mean? Good interview but she was playing the cards tight.

I don't know what her Dad means when he says maybe Nicole went off somewhere on her own she was just a little kid.

BBM: Is there a picture of someone's wife that looks like an adult NM?

BBM: Sorry who are we talking about? I feel like I have missed something. :)

BBM: Sorry who are we talking about? I feel like I have missed something. :)

Well as Moderator Bessie appositely and humerously say on another thread "funny thing is people don't like having their names come up on google searches regarding murder investigations " assume same thing is true of major missing persons cases like this so I can hardly put names down here. And let's face it as clinical and honest as I try to be what are the chances me or anyone is right? Case like this odds way against us but worth trying still I guess. It can be figured out easily from info I gave but please don't post the names anyone also there is the private route.

New video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNllTphURTc

" Streamed live on Jul 30, 2014

@TorontoPolice & Toronto CrimeStoppers News Conference
Re: Nicole Morin 2014 Investigation Update & Re-Enactment Video Release

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at 10am in the Media Gallery at Toronto Police Headquarters, Detective Sergeant Madeleine Tretter of Toronto Police 22 Division will update the media on the ongoing investigation into the 1985 abduction of Nicole Morin.

To recognize the 29th anniversary of Nicole's abduction, the Toronto Police, in partnership with Toronto Crime Stoppers have released a re-enactment video. This video can be viewed on the Toronto Police Service's YouTube channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEYGx...

The video can also be seen in Mac's Convenience Stores across the province of Ontario.

In addition, Twitter and Facebook accounts have been created under #FindNicole and members of the public are encouraged to visit these sites often for photos of Nicole and updates on the investigation.

On Tuesday July 30, 1985, Nicole, 8, was abducted from her apartment building, located at 627 The West Mall in Etobicoke.

Nicole had made plans with a friend to meet in the lobby of her building to go swimming. At approximately 11 a.m., Nicole said goodbye to her mother and left the apartment to meet her friend. Tragically, Nicole was never seen again.

What resulted was the most intensive and extensive police search for a missing person in Toronto Police Service history. Over 15,000 man hours were put into the investigation, including the creation of a 20-member Task Force. Over 900 community members joined the
search for Nicole.

Investigators are hoping anyone with any information about what happened on July 30, 1985, will contact police by calling 416-808-2200 or CrimeStoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or, Leave A Tip on Facebook.

Nicole Louise Morin, was born on April 1, 1977. At the time of her abduction, she was 4'0, 51lbs, with brown hair and brown eyes. Nicole had a birthmark on the right side of her forehead, protruding ears and a gap between her front teeth. She had pierced ears. She was wearing a peach, one-piece bathing suit with coloured stripes on the front, a green headband, and red canvas shoes. She was carrying a peach-coloured blanket and purple beach towel".

http://www.frequency.com/video/findnicole-nicole-morin-abduction/184342453?cid=5-2451

1. This video like the old one is I think confusing and confusion making: it would be better to separate out the possibilities clearly. There is no proof Nicole got on the elevator. The video like the older one both shows her disappearing on her floor (a poof effect on the video) and making it to the ground floor - it gives the impression that she is alone, in the lobby, looking around for her friend who appears to be absent.

2. In the old video the friend waited and waited. Obviously LE has more sightings I have heard only about the lady headed for the garage who saw her get out on the ground floor while she continued to the parking garage.

Now the detective answers a question saying she does not think the friend arrived late. So it is tough to see how she could have made it to the lobby. Also stairs are never mentioned.

3. The detective seems tense at the question about other children: I am not sure they wanted the info about her Mom having a son form a first marriage go missing for 15 years to be made public - Nicole's Dad recently told that story.

New video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNllTphURTc

" Streamed live on Jul 30, 2014

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-police-seek-new-clues-in-1985-case-1.2722634

"Toronto Crime Stoppers program co-ordinator Chris Scherk said he hopes the re-enactment will trigger someone's memory. He emphasized that tips can be made anonymously.

"My belief is that someone out there may know what happened to Nicole Morin in 1985 and for some reason feel they can't come forward," he said. "With Crimestoppers they can. Criminals talk, they brag and they confess."

Police are gathering tips on Facebook and using the Twitter hashtag #FindNicole to gather information.

Nicole Louise Morin, was born on April 1, 1977. At the time of her abduction:

She was four feet tall and weighed 51 pounds.
Had brown hair and brown eyes.
Had a birthmark on the right side of her forehead, protruding ears and a gap between her front teeth.
Her ears were pierced and she was wearing a peach one-piece bathing suit with coloured stripes on the front, a green headband and red canvas shoes.
She was carrying a peach-coloured blanket and a purple beach towel.

Investigators hope anyone with any information about what happened on July 30, 1985, will contact police at 416-808-2200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637)."

Someone who lived in that building did it. People need to speak up!!! I hope the new interest in the case will lead to some good tips.

Did Nicole live on the penthouse floor of her building? Saw that in the reenactment video at the elevator. I would speak to all residents of that floor of that time. And their visitors.

http://www.cp24.com/police-renew-in...ld-nicole-morin-on-30th-anniversary-1.1938285

" Det. Sgt. Madelaine Tretter spoke to the media at a news conference Wednesday saying that investigators have spoken to people over the years and have even reinterviewed some witnesses.

She's said she's hoping someone would have spoken with whoever was involved in Nicole's disappearance, saying criminals tend to brag about their feats.

Back in the day, DNA testing was in its infancy and so while investigators combed the building for clues, no forensic samples were collected.

Tretter said police have kept in touch with the girl who was waiting for Nicole in the lobby"

bbm

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/police-renew-in...n-on-30th-anniversary-1.1938285#ixzz38yY82Cly

OK so Nicole's mom lost another son too?

bbm. Curious about the certain areas..
http://www.citynews.ca/2014/07/03/t...emerge-in-1985-disappearance-of-nicole-morin/

“The tips that we’ve gotten recently lead us to believe that there are certain areas that we should looking at.”

Nicole’s father Art Morin shares Litster-MacLeod’s optimism and still believes she’s alive.

Nicole’s mother, who passed away in 2007, had a child from a previous marriage taken from her by the boy’s father. Fifteen years later, her son showed up at her door.

“So why shouldn’t I believe that the same thing could happen with Nicole,” Art Morin said.

Not related, but coincidentally, Nicole's cousin lives on the same street in Calgary, as missing Nathan O'Brian, must be tough.

http://proshare.ca/memorial-for-murdered-calgary-family-grows-as-search-continues/
"Joseph Dubois, who stopped by to drop off flowers, can comprehend at least part of what the O’Brien and Liknes families are experiencing.

His cousin Nicole Morin disappeared in Ontario in July of 1985 when she was eight and was never seen again.

“I know how they feel,” he said.

“They need their family, it’s the only way they’re going to get through this, they need their family.

“That’s how we’re doing it to this day.”

What?? Is this true? I have never heard of that. I feel like they are on to something right now. JMO

Is that son still alive? Where is he? Who took him? So bizarre. Could that really be a coincidence?

It was a parental abduction.

Can anyone confirm what side of the face/forehead Nicole had a birthmark? HER right side or the right sight if you were looking at her? Are there any photos of Nicole where you can see the birthmark?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back