CANADA Canada - Nicole Morin, 8, Toronto, 30 July 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
By ditches, they could be trying to access culverts that run under the road, IMHO.

Also, pieces of bone could theoretically have been washed into ditches or dragged by animals there. I don't know if they walked the dogs through the ditches, though.

LE quote from CP 24:

"We have done as thorough of a job as we could possibly do in this area and we have come up with nothing conclusive. We have used ground pentrating radar and we have gone to the point of digging up some of those areas that we thought were suspicious and we still have nothing to tell you," Cashman told reporters. "Sadly, the investigation goes on and we are still searching for Nicole Morin."

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/police-tur...e-morin-disappearance-1.2047560#ixzz3FhblMiib

Let's remember that just this summer they were not ruling out the possibility she is alive. So it would have to sadder to find her than not to.........

Also when the officer in the summer seemed excited by a particular tip I doubt it was this one. So hopefully there is something else...

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2..._for_leads_in_nicole_morin_disappearance.html

"In terms of technology available to police in 1985 to survey the site, criminologist and Western University professor Michael Arntfield said there was “very little.”

“For all intents and purposes, this is a fresh crime scene,” he said in a phone interview from London, Ont.

Arntfield has studied the case closely for the last five years as part of his research, and has even considered featuring it on the show he hosts on OWN, “To Catch a Killer.” Given the resources and “talented officers” on one of Canada’s last remaining dedicated cold case units, this search could be a game-changer, said Arntfield.

It’s not only about the technology available but also how methodical investigations are now, he went on to say. Information is now shared across police services and officers are given a much higher level of training when it comes to grid searches and recognizing and preserving evidence. This puts today’s investigators “light years” ahead of those who worked the case in 1985, he said.

The initial police search involved 100 officers, including marine and air units in addition to those searching by foot, on horse, and in cars."

rbbm.

But there still would have been many advantages at the time as well. For example since one thing they were looking for was clothing then would be better than now. And of course evidence of a freshly dug grave etc.......

Something he heard in the Horseshoe Valley - I'm lost but no doubt just lack of what we are allowed to know.....

Sorry one more too late to edit and add - thanks to Sue Sgambati for pointing out not finding her COULD be a good thing.....obvious but the media reports, quite strangely suggest the opposite. And she looks suitably sombre not as if she was reporting the first night of the hockey season. They always do this: I remember the interviewing Mariam Makniashvili's Mom when remains were found earlier (someone else not Mariam) and they asked if her Mom thought that was a hopeful sign. Nice question to ask her mother.

Sorry one more too late to edit: Nitsirk re your post 182. Check that site/page again. Soon after the LE announcement July 30th this year the look-alike (well to me and you) posted for the first time a little kid pic of self.

Now.....obviously could be, probably is coincidence.

BUT....could be, well they figured out somehow they were being thought about regarding Nicole and posted proof of their own separate childhood!

BUT of course could be they were creating a 'legend' to counter the renewed LE interest.........not sure if they would know that is them or not - easy for a faux parent to say "here is a picture of you as a little girl".

Now.....does that person look like the little kid in the pic....or more like Nicole??

Let's be sure to keep names off the thread (said to all). It is a long shot.......maybe I will run it by S.S.

I am cautiously optimistic that Nicole is still alive...I can't give a reason as to why, but that it is just a gut feeling.

The Jessop case serves as a template of what NOT to do...ignore alternate suspects, develop tunnel vision, don't follow up on clues that don't mesh with your theories, etc.

It seems that lessons have been learned and the police are doing a great job with this cold case file.

I honestly think that even after 30 years, this thorough, open minded type of policing will crack this case. Also note how the OPP was gracious in their help to TPS; this type of cross-agency cooperation is sorely needed.

Even though nothing was found, they can cross this 29 year old clue off the list.

Well done to all parties involved.

I wish for her Father's sake that SOMETHING had been found.
I sadly do not believe that she is still alive but DO hope that some 'new eyes', 30 years later, may find out soon what happened to that poor baby!

LE quote from CP 24:

"We have done as thorough of a job as we could possibly do in this area and we have come up with nothing conclusive. We have used ground pentrating radar and we have gone to the point of digging up some of those areas that we thought were suspicious and we still have nothing to tell you," Cashman told reporters. "Sadly, the investigation goes on and we are still searching for Nicole Morin."

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/police-tur...e-morin-disappearance-1.2047560#ixzz3FhblMiib

Let's remember that just this summer they were not ruling out the possibility she is alive. So it would have to sadder to find her than not to.........

Also when the officer in the summer seemed excited by a particular tip I doubt it was this one. So hopefully there is something else...

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/09/police-call-off-search-for-ontario-girl-missing-since-1985

"Lead investigator Insp. Gerry Cashman said he's not disappointed Morin's remains weren't found because it could mean she's still alive.

"She'd be in her (30s) now, and you kind of hope that's true,” Cashman said as police packed up their gear to leave the site.

“There's always that glimmer of hope," he said"

Sorry one more too late to edit and add - thanks to Sue Sgambati for pointing out not finding her COULD be a good thing.....obvious but the media reports, quite strangely suggest the opposite. And she looks suitably sombre not as if she was reporting the first night of the hockey season. They always do this: I remember the interviewing Mariam Makniashvili's Mom when remains were found earlier (someone else not Mariam) and they asked if her Mom thought that was a hopeful sign. Nice question to ask her mother.

Sorry one more too late to edit: Nitsirk re your post 182. Check that site/page again. Soon after the LE announcement July 30th this year the look-alike (well to me and you) posted for the first time a little kid pic of self.

Now.....obviously could be, probably is coincidence.

BUT....could be, well they figured out somehow they were being thought about regarding Nicole and posted proof of their own separate childhood!

BUT of course could be they were creating a 'legend' to counter the renewed LE interest.........not sure if they would know that is them or not - easy for a faux parent to say "here is a picture of you as a little girl".

Now.....does that person look like the little kid in the pic....or more like Nicole??

Let's be sure to keep names off the thread (said to all). It is a long shot.......maybe I will run it by S.S.

Hi Chorley,
I am trying to follow your theory along... But without giving too many names, etc on here, I am having a hard time.

Does BJP mean anything?

Hi Chorley,
I am trying to follow your theory along... But without giving too many names, etc on here, I am having a hard time.

Does BJP mean anything?

Hi LoyalSleuth, I can see how this could be confusing. BJP has nothing (that I have found) to do with any of Chorleys post. I think BJP is part of the family who made the tip twice to police. She posted on the missing fb page back in August.

Chorley is posting about our posts a few pages back. After following up on some names that lived in the apartment building at that time, we stumbled across a picture of a woman who resembles Nicole who has a mom with blonde hair who resembles the mystery blonde woman seen on Nicoles floor. Long shot but who knows. HTH

(sorry for no apostrophes, my key stopped working and its driving me crazy)

Hi LoyalSleuth, I can see how this could be confusing. BJP has nothing (that I have found) to do with any of Chorleys post. I think BJP is part of the family who made the tip twice to police. She posted on the missing fb page back in August.

Chorley is posting about our posts a few pages back. After following up on some names that lived in the apartment building at that time, we stumbled across a picture of a woman who resembles Nicole who has a mom with blonde hair who resembles the mystery blonde woman seen on Nicoles floor. Long shot but who knows. HTH

I'll take a look a few pages back :)

BBM - and this women, the blond 100% lived in the building at the time?

If yes, I would say call it in! There are LE resources assigned this case, let's keep them busy & hungry for justice!

BBM - and this women, the blond 100% lived in the building at the time?

If yes, I would say call it in! There are LE resources assigned this case, let's keep them busy & hungry for justice!

1. Well the city directories (copied earlier this thread) only list the principal resident. It is the father.

2. Present wife conceivably looks like mystery woman - though somebody here claims that aspect was solved - but I have never o/w heard that. I would say she could not have been living there if my theory is correct. since she would have been recognized. This part of it is not essential to the theory in any case.

3. They key thing is that they have a child same age as Nicole living couple or few floors down Possibly same birthday as Nicole (I am not positive of this last point but same age for sure.)

4. Now...you're right LE would know in minutes if that child was living in that apt. below Nicole at that time.

5. If not it would get interesting.

6. Do they look like what Nicole would look like??? I say yes but I am no professional in that regard.

By the way we need an age advanced up to the age she is now. Since July this year I saw new pics and age advanced pics but only up to the early adult stage. That would be a good use of resources I have no idea how expensive that is for LE.

As another poster here pointed out to me these cases do attract all kinds of attention for conscious reasons and unconcious reasons. It is very interesting that Det. Listner McCleod (spelling?) said they have had multiple people claiming to be Nicole. Lots of work it is commendable even amazing they stick with it. The poster pointed out that someone now on the Nicole FB has made interesting comments about the search being a ruse put forward by perps, claims Nicole is alive, and claims that they themselves have a memory gap before the 4th grade - a total gap.

LE like us have to wade through all these levels of 'infection' etc. And then there might be the claim that is true. I am glad Cashman reminded us and himself that she could be alive full kudoos there to correct and modify earlier remarks slightly....

Very interesting, thanks!
Kudos to the woman who gave the tip, any chance a different child was in peril?

Yes I understand this person feels certain. Argument against would be why anyone would so publicly dispatch NM - a child could be gagged easily enough. And this was 2 days later I believe? Maybe is wasn't a child. What would they have to compare it to?

All my thoughts on this case have dealt with the idea NM was taken in her apt. building. If she got outside then a whole series of other things become possible including I guess a random abduction by the deranged.

Yes I understand this person feels certain. Argument against would be why anyone would so publicly dispatch NM - a child could be gagged easily enough. And this was 2 days later I believe? Maybe is wasn't a child. What would they have to compare it to?

All my thoughts on this case have dealt with the idea NM was taken in her apt. building. If she got outside then a whole series of other things become possible including I guess a random abduction by the deranged.

Unless NM was taken to the woods to be hidden temporarily while apt building was being searched.

Unless NM was taken to the woods to be hidden temporarily while apt building was being searched.

Just a quick note that my theory (273 above) is now a confirmed dead end. Should say just so someone two years down the road doesn't keep looking this up.

Pros say biometrics do not match. Probably the 10,000th dead end by now.

Probably should go back to reading and record collecting.....

Just a quick note that my theory (273 above) is now a confirmed dead end. Should say just so someone two years down the road doesn't keep looking this up.

Pros say biometrics do not match. Probably the 10,000th dead end by now.

Probably should go back to reading and record collecting.....

Thanks for the update and for all your efforts in this matter Chorley8!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back