GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Great post from Crowstoes that I thought was worth bringing over:

New to the board, and reading comments so thought I would add my comments:

1. Tomorrow's court appearance will be strictly remand. If in London, as reported, it will occur either by videoconference in courtroom 12 at 9:00 am [the public will not likely get in as the courtroom is extremely small] or in person, then courtroom 9 or 10 is the most likely. Court theoretically at 9:30 a.m. is actually more like 10:00 a.m. The reason for London if so is many: no need to drain transportation police resources to Sarnia for straight remands from EMDC, enhanced security, videoconferencing abilities directly from EMDC to the courthouse.

2. There will be no plea tomorrow, nor expect one for some time. There are a number of procedural steps which must take place before a plea can be entered, particularly in Superior Court matters. Superior Court is far more formal than most criminal matters handled by the Ontario General Division.

Procedural steps include: 1) the accuseds must apply for and qualify for legal aid [this is by way of an application including financials]. This can take anywhere from 1-2 weeks onwards depending on the busyness of the local legal aid office. Generally, sadly, these applications will be fast tracked. 2) the accuseds must find lawyers willing to take their case [this is not as easy as you'd think as s 231 offences are not done by everyone], 3) there must be a bail hearing set [unless accuseds wave them] which, in London's timelines would be at least 4-6 weeks post request. 4) most bail hearings are not set until at least basic disclosure is provided to counsel-estimate that timeline for the really basic stuff at 2-3 months [the videos, witness statements, expert reports, etc will all trickle in over 6-8 months following-remember the crown has to review all this, after police superiors have reviewed it, etc, etc....the meat of disclosure takes time.

On top of all this, the charges are first degree, plus whatever will be added (IMHO there are more charges pending] and no lawyer doing their job will advise their client to plead without seeing the case. So don't assume right away that just because the accuseds are not pleading guilty immediately that they won't, or that they won't change their plea if a not guilty one, later....

3. People questioning if they will get bail, it is unlikely. First, the crown needs to be able to show the judge that there is reasonable public risk if they are released. This shouldn't be an issue, including evidence of flight risk [as in, they fled Sarnia to London] . Once the crown demonstrates their burden of proof, the defense has to show the accuseds have sufficient surety, and won't be a public danger or flight risk. Previous criminal records can be admitted at this point by the crown. This includes a YOA record in which there was violence or various other circumstances. A surety in this case would include significant cash deposits, (perhaps collateral) and a 24/7 surety ie babysitter that the court trusts to make sure the person obeys the bail release rules. The babysitter must pledge collateral and or cash of their own and have no criminal record. The public interest always outweighs, so I doubt that either will be released.

4. At the superior court level, expect that there will meetings, pre-trial conferences, disclosure meetings and resolution meetings as well as setting the bail hearing, the preliminary inquiry if there is one, and eventually the trial. There are a number of other motions which will occur such as change of venue, whether to try the accuseds together or separately, and I'm certain a number of evidentiary motions.

Hope this helps answer some questions, all of which are IMHO and I hope, respectfully explained

Six days to go until the next court date. We will probably hear nothing but at least it's progressing.

It is a very disturbing trend that is going on. Couples agreeing to do these kinds of sick crimes. Bernardo/Homolka crimes, Victoria S. and now this. No longer is it just a lone male that is a threat. I think there is a complacency when someone is approached by a male and female. They let their guard down and do not perceive the threat. Sadly we need to re-educate our children no matter what age. I know I have reiterated the dangers to my daughter and she is 20.

It is a very disturbing trend that is going on. Couples agreeing to do these kinds of sick crimes. Bernardo/Homolka crimes, Victoria S. and now this. No longer is it just a lone male that is a threat. I think there is a complacency when someone is approached by a male and female. They let their guard down and do not perceive the threat. Sadly we need to re-educate our children no matter what age. I know I have reiterated the dangers to my daughter and she is 20.

Police Service would like to offer the following safety tips when parents are talking to their children about these types of incidents:
- Empower your children to trust their instincts – if they feel like they are being followed or something is just not right – encourage them to see help immediately
- If a stranger approaches them, remind them:
o that they are not obliged to talk
o never approach a stranger sitting in a motor vehicle
o just keep walking
o do not accept candy or agree to look for a lost animal
o never get into a stranger’s vehicle
- Most importantly, if your child is grabbed by a stranger, make sure they understand that they are to do everything physically possible to get away or attract the attention of others who can help

Due to the time of this release and the rules of this site; I do not believe the following post or quote violates the publication ban. If so, please disregard this post. The following, in no way, reflects my beliefs or opinions.

From Fetlife:

"Murder accused appear linked to violent fetish website

by QuietStormDom 19 days ago

Are you guys/gals aware that this group was named in the Media?

Murder accused appear linked to violent fetish website

The usernames are linked to a group called "Kinky Cougar Connection" and "Brother/Sister Love," and refer to each other as "cub and "puma," as well as "Little Brother" and "Big Sister."

News Article

Responses (3 of 3)

Sebastian73: 19 days ago | report

That's dumb. I could join Fun and silly stuff, never post anything there, commit a violent crime, and they could say that it was the reason.
.starview: 19 days ago | report

its all over the canadian news
.Man_Of_Adventure: 15 days ago | report

The two accused in question allegedly went by the usernames:
•Sterling_Archer4 19M Switch, Sarnia, Ontario
•Lana_Caine 31F Switch, Sarnia, Ontario

Frighteningly BOTH profiles are gone from FetLife, although they still show up in searches as of 20130113:
•https:///search?q=Sterling_Archer4
•https:///search?q=Lana_Caine

Innocent or guilty, this does not bode well for the kink community, regardless of their guilt or innocence the press has already "convicted" them and has pretty much stated flat out that:

KINKY = KILLER

With headlines like:
•Online roleplay can be 'rehearsal' for violent crimes: Expert
•Murder accused appear linked to violent fetish website
•Teacher case exposes Internet's sinister side

I've seen media vilification before so it's no surprise. I've started a discussion in my CSRC group for anyone who'd like to discuss this in a different venue:"

Due to the time of this release and the rules of this site; I do not believe the following post or quote violates the publication ban. If so, please disregard this post. The following, in no way, reflects my beliefs or opinions.

From Fetlife:

"Murder accused appear linked to violent fetish website

by QuietStormDom 19 days ago

Are you guys/gals aware that this group was named in the Media?

Murder accused appear linked to violent fetish website

The usernames are linked to a group called "Kinky Cougar Connection" and "Brother/Sister Love," and refer to each other as "cub and "puma," as well as "Little Brother" and "Big Sister."

News Article

Responses (3 of 3)

Sebastian73: 19 days ago | report

That's dumb. I could join Fun and silly stuff, never post anything there, commit a violent crime, and they could say that it was the reason.
.starview: 19 days ago | report

its all over the canadian news
.Man_Of_Adventure: 15 days ago | report

The two accused in question allegedly went by the usernames:
•Sterling_Archer4 19M Switch, Sarnia, Ontario
•Lana_Caine 31F Switch, Sarnia, Ontario

Frighteningly BOTH profiles are gone from FetLife, although they still show up in searches as of 20130113:
•https:///search?q=Sterling_Archer4
•https:///search?q=Lana_Caine

Innocent or guilty, this does not bode well for the kink community, regardless of their guilt or innocence the press has already "convicted" them and has pretty much stated flat out that:

KINKY = KILLER

With headlines like:
•Online roleplay can be 'rehearsal' for violent crimes: Expert
•Murder accused appear linked to violent fetish website
•Teacher case exposes Internet's sinister side

I've seen media vilification before so it's no surprise. I've started a discussion in my CSRC group for anyone who'd like to discuss this in a different venue:"

I think kink will take a media hit and then will be forgotten. For example, the Craigslist Killer in Boston had a double life on alt.com. That made news for a while but most people have forgotten by now.

http://www.facebook.com/aceddesigns...al-Investigation-Team/189766467833700?fref=ts

Recently created by the same AH user, friends with AC, who commented on AC's FB saying "Pretty sure you predicted where she would be....."

IMHO this seems... strange...

Hope this is ok!!

What makes you think this is new? It appears to have been created sometime in 2011. Nothing strange about a photographer having a fb group to promote her work.

Saw this today: http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/01/28/privacy-breach-at-bluewater-health and the third comment made me think that it was perhaps someone looking for information about NP...wondered if locals knew more.

I came to post a link to the same article! I find it interesting at the people who did not see where it said the suspects, not the victims information was accessed.

I came to post a link to the same article! I find it interesting at the people who did not see where it said the suspects, not the victims information was accessed.

Hello everyone, I’m new to this WS forum though I have been around on this thread almost since the start of this so ever tragic and senseless event.

As a Sarnia local I read the Sarnia Observer often. The online portion of the paper often updates information rather than start a new article. When I first read the article, I failed to read the records accessed were of the accused, though I admit the thought did cross my mind. I’m not saying for sure the information was not there when I first read the article but I did notice it when I returned to the article a while later. This updating by the Observer could possibly explain why so many commenter’s below the article failed to realize the records accessed were at least partially of the accused rather than the victim.

With the publication ban it’s great the hospital caught this as any evidence tossed simply for breach of any court order would be a real shame.
jmo

I'm not from Canada, but on Rogers, channel 20, there's a show been on tonight focusing on changes made to OxyContin, OxyNeo & naloxane use.

Can't help thinking this is to do with the two thugs in this case.

The link has been changed from the original link I posted. Sorry

Sorry, I don't follow. The Facebook link? Those are static, they should not change. What were you trying to link to?

jellybeanz: "I'm not from Canada, but on Rogers, channel 20, there's a show been on tonight focusing on changes made to OxyContin, OxyNeo & naloxane use.

Can't help thinking this is to do with the two thugs in this case."

??
I thought there is a publication ban on this case. Doesn't that include topics like this? JMO

What makes you think this is new? It appears to have been created sometime in 2011. Nothing strange about a photographer having a fb group to promote her work.

Saw this today: http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/01/28/privacy-breach-at-bluewater-health and the third comment made me think that it was perhaps someone looking for information about NP...wondered if locals knew more.

The link has been changed from the original link I posted. Sorry

The link takes you to a different Facebook page, depending on whether you are logged in to Facebook or not. I don't know how that would have been accomplished, but it only takes you to the photography page if you're not logged onto Facebook.

jellybeanz: "I'm not from Canada, but on Rogers, channel 20, there's a show been on tonight focusing on changes made to OxyContin, OxyNeo & naloxane use.

Can't help thinking this is to do with the two thugs in this case."

??
I thought there is a publication ban on this case. Doesn't that include topics like this? JMO

I see jellybeanz is offline right now. I believe what the poster is saying is there is a show speaking to these drugs. Not the two involved. Also poster is thinking perhaps the two thugs may have used drugs (in her opinion)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric
Back