Identified! Canada - Regina, SK, WhtMale 720UMSK, 20-30, hit by train, Jul'95 - Michael Kirov (Lewis)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'd say print her out something & if possible; have her take someone with her. She can make someone the family advocate.

Take it with her where? She can't afford to go to California to do it in person. I think she's pursuing some non-LE options right now, like seeing whether her congresscritter can find out whether he got in trouble in Mexico.

Sorry, this has gone a little O/T. But I think she does illustrate why some families might not have reported a missing relative.

I've contacted the North Carolina Bureau of Investigation to submit Timothy Jason Smart as a possible match. I realize the height is off by about 3 or 4 inches and Smart has "hazel" eyes but I think the first picture bears a resemblance to John Doe. Smart was hitch hiking when he was last seen only about 2 weeks before JD killed himself which would have given him time to go up to Regina. I don't know why he would go up to Regina, though, but I figured it's worth a shot.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1182dmnc.html

ETA: I see Doe's foot is a size 9 3/4 which is pretty small for a man who is over 6". Oh well... I already submitted the tip.

19 years is way to long for this young man to not go home to his family.

Bumping and subscribing with this link re-post.

http://www.reginapolice.ca/resources/cold-cases/john-doe-unidentified-remains/

Found at railway track west of Regina on July 28, 1995

"The victim was described as male, caucasian, about 20 to 30 years old, cleanshaven, with short, medium-brown hair and blue eyes, about 5’ 9” tall, weighing about 140-160 pounds. He was wearing a black denim button shirt with a gold“crown” logo displayed on the left front pocket. Under this shirt the victim wore a white t-shirt with the words “Boca Authentic” on the front. He also wore faded blue jeans, white socks and a pair of size 12 and 1/2 (although his actual foot size was 9 and 3/4), blue and white Reebok runners. He carried no personal identification and a search of a knapsack he’d had in his possession, revealed some clothing and personal items, but virtually nothing to help investigators determine his identity. In his pocket, there was a silver brooch, shaped like a rose, sometimes referred to as, “The Christmas Rose”.

The investigation that followed included searching the victim’s fingerprints: locally, across Canada, the U-S and internationally. The result was negative, indicating the victim had never been fingerprinted. The deceased had no tattoos, surgical scars or unusual characteristics that might have helped to identify him."

Another probable re post.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/10-years-later-train-death-victim-still-john-doe-1.530656

"Wakelin told police his acquaintance did not appear to be accustomed to street life. He listened to "preppy" type music, Wakelin said, adding that he also had a tape of the Lion King soundtrack.

He wrote with a fountain pen. He appeared well dressed, with good manners and expensive tastes.

Even when eating hamburgers at McDonald's, Wakelin said, the man would take care to spread a napkin out on his lap.

It appears the man had recently broken up with a woman named Kathy. He carried around a silver brooch with a rose on it that seemed to be important to him, Wakelin said.

Wakelin said the man said his name was Dave, although he suspected it wasn't his real name. He wouldn't talk about his family. At one point, Wakelin said, he saw the man with an Ontario birth certificate, but other things seemed to suggest he was from the Atlantic area.

"He knew a lot about the ocean. A lot about the ocean. Which is why I still think he was from somewhere on the East Coast," Wakelin said in the transcript.

Take it with her where? She can't afford to go to California to do it in person. I think she's pursuing some non-LE options right now, like seeing whether her congresscritter can find out whether he got in trouble in Mexico.

Sorry, this has gone a little O/T. But I think she does illustrate why some families might not have reported a missing relative.

Still O/T but: my friend's son called her last Thanksgiving. Thank God he was alive and okay.

https://www.sacp.ca/missing/details.php?id=97

"Distinguishing Features: May have been heavy at one time in his life as stretch type marks on each side of navel.
Clothing Worn at time of disappearance: Reebok high-top basketball running shoes, faded blue jeans, and a grey T-shirt under a blue button up outer shirt.
File #: 1995-28159
Agency: Saskatchewan Justice, Office of the Chief Coroner - South
Additional Information:
Unknown male is an unidentified train/ pedestrian victim. The death occurred on the 28th day of July, 1995, at 3:38 p.m. in Regina, SK. The individual may have been in Kamloops, BC, at Padova City Resorts Inc., as he was in possession of one of their T-shirts. The unknown male's travelling partner stated that the unknown male said his name was Brian and he was from Ontario. The unknown male was very conscious in his personal hygiene as he always wanted to be clean shaven and neat in his appearance. This case is being investigated by the Office of the Chief Coroner and the Regina Police Service".

This young man from Virginia caught my eye.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/266dmwv.html

" Mark Anthony Cook
Missing since January 14, 1993 from Bluefield, Mercer County, West Virginia
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: circa 1969
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8"; 135 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; green eyes.
Clothing: Last seen wearing a white baseball cap, bleached jeans, a black t-shirt and a blue jean jacket with writing on the back.
AKA: Tony"

This young man from Virginia caught my eye.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/266dmwv.html

" Mark Anthony Cook
Missing since January 14, 1993 from Bluefield, Mercer County, West Virginia

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: circa 1969
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8"; 135 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; green eyes.
Clothing: Last seen wearing a white baseball cap, bleached jeans, a black t-shirt and a blue jean jacket with writing on the back.
AKA: Tony"

Mark Cook's girlfriend, Brenda Lambert, went missing on the night of her son's first Birthday. Five months later, Mark disappeared. On Charley Project, they say that a suspect failed a lie detector. Unfortunately, I think both were killed by an exboyfriend or ex-husband of Brenda's.

I know that detectives believe this Doe may very well be from out of the country or even from another continent all together, like Europe. If he were just here for work for a while and say, on a work permit, I wonder if it would even be noticed he was missing.

Something about this young mp..

http://doenetwork.org/cases/240dmia.html

"Matthew John Ferris
Missing since March 7, 1991 from Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa.

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: November 15, 1970
Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10; 140 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Nickname: Matt
Medical Conditions: Ferris was treated for depression prior to his disappearance. "

rbbm.

" He apparently headed to Custer State Park in South Dakota. His family believes that Ferris elected to travel to that destination because he enjoyed Native American folklore."

Something about this young mp..

http://doenetwork.org/cases/240dmia.html

"Matthew John Ferris
Missing since March 7, 1991 from Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa.

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: November 15, 1970
Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10; 140 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Nickname: Matt
Medical Conditions: Ferris was treated for depression prior to his disappearance. "

rbbm.

" He apparently headed to Custer State Park in South Dakota. His family believes that Ferris elected to travel to that destination because he enjoyed Native American folklore."

I think there's too much time that passed since his last date seen alive and the suicide. Presumably, Matthew Ferris didn't pack anything--or it probably would say in that write up--so I don't think he'd survive four years with no contact to his family. I think Ferris either killed himself shortly after he disappeared or else he died due to exposure in the wilderness area he was said to be heading.

I've thought about starting a social media campaign for this Doe--similar to what happened with the *hopefully* soon to be positively ID'd Grateful Doe. I was thinking about starting on reddit. I don't think he was reported missing and believe this is the only way to find out who he is before people start getting too old and forgetting about him...

Somebody must remember the meticulous, young man who liked The Lion King, wrote with a fountain pen and who would put a napkin on his lap, to eat fast food.

Bumping, cannot believe this apparently well-brought up young man is not missed by someone, imo.

I think there's too much time that passed since his last date seen alive and the suicide. Presumably, Matthew Ferris didn't pack anything--or it probably would say in that write up--so I don't think he'd survive four years with no contact to his family. I think Ferris either killed himself shortly after he disappeared or else he died due to exposure in the wilderness area he was said to be heading.

I've thought about starting a social media campaign for this Doe--similar to what happened with the *hopefully* soon to be positively ID'd Grateful Doe. I was thinking about starting on reddit. I don't think he was reported missing and believe this is the only way to find out who he is before people start getting too old and forgetting about him...

I've been gone for a while after the birth of my son but I like this idea and would be willing to write it up and get the ball rolling. While I was away I also submitted a possible match request for "Vincent Grunau" http://doenetwork.org/cases/3612dmbc.html who went missing from Vancouver, BC but also spent time in Toronto. I felt that the physicals matched as did his education and his love for theatre. If you recall the UID's travel companion mentioned a Lion King tape. According to this thread, Vincent had reviewed some theatre. "There is an old PDF of a UBC journal 'The Ubyssey' from 1988 where a Vincent Grunau contributed a theatre review." http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=7322.0 Also in the UID's file is a shirt/mention of Padova city which was a defunct resort startup in BC. Vincenct/UID could have spent time there before moving on to travel across the country via rail. I felt like a lot of the pieces matched. I submitted this in July and heard back on July 15th that Vincent was NOT on the radar for this UID but that this liked it and would investigate further. That's as far as I am on this but I have some ideas on how to promote it on reddit. What's your user name there? I'll PM you and we can get this going.

bumping
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/720umsk.html
The witness gave police insight into the habits, moods and mannerisms of the decedent and recalled bits of conversation between them. Investigators learned that his manners were impeccable, was well dressed and well groomed. The witness stated that the decedent said his name was Brian and he was from Ontario. He did not seem to be a drifter. He didn't know street slang, and barely knew how to thumb a ride. He enjoyed Stephen King novels and liked discussing politics. He constantly wrote in a diary, but the book was never found. He used a silver fountain pen.

Police believe he had recently broken up with a woman named Kathy and was probably on his way back east toward where he'd come from. He called himself "David" but it may not be his true name. Police believe he may have been from the Maritimes or New England.

Last Updated: 8/28/16

??
https
Case number:02200023Since:28-05-1990Missing from:Breda (Netherlands)
attachment.php

Maarten Adrianus Geurts

First name:
Maarten Adrianus
Calling name:
Maarten
Name:
Geurts
Date of birth:
16-12-1963
Current age:53Length:
184 cm
Hair colour:BlondeEye colour:
Blue

Attachments

• 02200023c1.jpg
    02200023c1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 61
I don't know if my question was already answered, I have to admit I read only the 10 first pages of this thread but something really bothers me. First I have to state the fact I am canadian, from Quebec, and also lived in N-B and B-C. Did this JD have any kind of accent? In the first pages there was a mention of a man missing from Rollet, Quebec. He would of had have an accent, someone from the maritimes too... I've never seen stated anywhere if he did or didn't have an accent...

I don't recall that it was mentioned either way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria
Back