GUILTY Canada - Registered nurse facing 8 murder charges, Woodstock, Ont, 25 Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
sean irvine@SeanIrvineCTV
#Wettlaufer 'intended to kill' her eight murder victims. 55 pg. Statement of Fact getting close to wrapping up. @CTVLondon @CTVNews

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Sounds like statement of facts may be coming to an end soon. We're now talking about punishments for guilty plea

Nicole Lampa@nicolelampa
Joint submission on sentence: life in prison for Elizabeth Wettlaufer for no parole eligibility for 25 years.

BREAKING:recommended to judge: 25 years for murders; 10 yrs for att. Murder. 7 yrs. for aggravated assaults. @CTVLondon

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Sentencing won't happen for a few weeks. Now we're on lunch.

CP24‏Verified account @CP24 9m9 minutes ago
Caressant Care, one of the facilities where former nurse Elizabeth Wettlaufer worked, has released a statement following her guilty plea.

CP24‏Verified account @CP24 7m7 minutes ago
In the statement, staff at Caressant Care say their "thoughts are with the relatives and friends of those victimized."

CP24‏Verified account @CP24 4m4 minutes ago
Caressant Care says it continues to work with police to "support their efforts to establish facts surrounding the events" at the facility.

CP24‏Verified account @CP24 4m4 minutes ago
"We continue to strive for the highest levels of safety and security of our residents," the statement concluded.

All joint submission recommended sentences to be served concurrently. @CTVLondon

Really? How about consecutively? That would keep her locked up for over 200 years. :jail: :rolleyes:

She better be kept in the maximum security area and not be allowed to waste taxpayer dollars on continuing education or hobby and craft workshops. And she needs to definitely be kept out of the minimum and medium security group pods. She would likely really enjoy that and perhaps have several relationships with other inmates during her time behind bars if that were to happen. Similar to Karla Holmoka's joke of an incarceration.

She is about to become a convicted serial killer and should be treated as such. No passes because she confessed or because she is a woman.

MOO

Sorry very off topic but where do I search for the Karla and Paul Bernardo thread? I know we had one have no clue where to search on Tapatalk.
Tia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;870312762119000064]https://twitter.com/CBCNews/status/870312762119000064[/video]

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
We're back in court. Video of interview with Wettlaufer and Woodstock police now being shown.

Nicole Lampa@nicolelampa
Video of Wettlaufer's Oct. 5 2016 confession now being played. She's cordial to police officer.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
In video, Wettlaufer is wearing red and appears very calm.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
The interview took place on Oct. 5, 2016.

Nicole Lampa@nicolelampa
Wettlaufer agreeing she's talking to police on own free will.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
In court, Wettlaufer has her own laptop to watch the interview up close

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Police officer gives Wettlaufer, in the video, option of having a lawyer present

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
He warns her criminal charges could be possible in this investigation. Wettlaufer says she understands.

Nicole Lampa@nicolelampa
Officer says Wettlaufer can call lawyer. She's aware ... But continues w interview.

Nicole Lampa@nicolelampa
"What I'm about to say is on my own free will," says Wettlaufer. @CTVKitchener

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
In video, Wettlaufer says she is giving up information by her own free will

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Again, she seems very very calm in the video.

Natalie Johnson@NatalieCTV
Wettlaufer is cheerful in the confession video as it begins, chuckling as they chat. She is about to admit to being a serial killer.

Nicole Lampa@nicolelampa
Video being played on large screen for courtoom and on a small lap top in front of Wettlaufer.

Wettlaufer says in confession video she wants to get through it so that she can find out what happens to her mom & dad.

[video=twitter;870295807282565120]https://twitter.com/calgarysun/status/870295807282565120[/video]

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Police officer says they're going to go over details of people Wettlaufer has encountered in her career.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Wettlaufer starts talking about her career, she started with a year of journalism. Then a bachelor's degree with speciality in counselling

Nicole Lampa@nicolelampa
Wettlaufer telling officer about life. Went to 1 year of journalism then took Counselling. Went back to high school. Then took nursing.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
She then became an registered nurse. Her marriage fell apart in 2007, she says. That's also when she started at Caressant Care

Nicole Lampa@nicolelampa
Wettlaufer says marriage fell apart in 2007 and met a woman online. Started working in Caressent Care June that year till March 2014.

Kiran Dhillon
@KiranCTV
She says she was fired from Caressant Care for a medication error. She started at Meadows Park after that.

Nicole Lampa@nicolelampa
"Fired from Caressant care for medication error. And then I went to Meadow park. Left there for medication error" says Wettlaufer.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
In video, Wettlaufer says she left MP to get help with addiction. She then went and worked for Lifeguard nursing agency and St. Elizabeth

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Police ask her what she was addicted to. Wettlaufer says hydromorphone

Nicole Lampa@nicolelampa
Wettlaufer says she was addicted to Hydromorhone. "I would steal it from patients." Exchanged it w laxative.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
She is telling her story very calmly and precisely. She says her addiction lasted from 2008 to 2014.

Nicole Lampa@nicolelampa
Addiction started in 2008 to 2014. Then started using again starting on Jan. 2015

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
She says she then got help but slipped back into addiction in 2015.

Wettlaufer in confession video: "I'm always putting this pressure on myself to be a really good nurse, and to do everything perfectly."

Nicole Lampa@nicolelampa
"It's a hard job." Wettlaufer says about being a nurse. "That pressure was on me to be a good nurse."

I'm guessing she was never a good nurse...even when she wasn't killing people. :notgood:

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Officer now asking about Wettlaufer's personal life. She says she was married from 90s to 2007. No children. She talks about her parents.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
She has one brother, is an aunt.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
We're now jumping ahead. Wettlaufer says there was a voice in her head when she caused harm to people and she heard a laughter in her head.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
She says she quit after she was asked to work with kids

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
She's jumping around a bit on details in the video and it's a bit hard to make out what she is saying.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
But essentially she says she realized she needed help after being asked to work with kids.

I have to wonder if she was concerned about harming children or concerned about getting caught if she had the urge to harm one? :waitasec:

I know her and her family. I don't think she killed anyone. I'm sorry to see her plead guilty because I doubt she could kill a flea. I think the whole story is created from a drug-addled mind. Oh my, I wish we could hear some conclusive evidence.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
She says part of her thought the feelings to harm people were coming from God and part of her thought they were coming from the devil.

Nicole Lampa@nicolelampa
Wettlaufer: Part of me thought it was the devil. Part of me thought it was God. I was so ashamed. (About killing seniors.)

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Wettlaufer says in the video she struggled with telling the truth because families would have thought their loved one died peacefully

Nicole Lampa@nicolelampa
Video confession:Wettlaufer confessed to some friends before she went to CAMH. They told her if she didn't say anything they'd call police.

Nicole Lampa@nicolelampa
Wettlaufer gets up and is pacing saying "this is pretty major."

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Wettlaufer says she feels relieved the truth is out there.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Police officer is now going over details of each case. First is James Silcox.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Wettlaufer says Silcox was not diabetic. Officer asks her if this was the first time she injected unlawful insulin to a patient

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
She says he was not, but he was the first patient who died.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Wettlaufer says after her marriage broke up, she started to get "feelings from God" urging her to do this (insulin injections)

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Wettlaufer says after she gave Silcox the injections, he started saying, "I love you, I'm sorry." Not to her, in general

Kiran Dhillon
@KiranCTVHe died but death was ruled from complications to hip surgery. Wettlaufer says she felt awful but went home, went to bed, worked out

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Wettlaufer is telling the story very calmly, says she "felt pretty bad."

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
But she tried to forget about it.

Kiran Dhillon
@KiranCTV
Wettlaufer says what she remembers about Mr. Silcox is that his wife and daughter loved him a lot.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Wettlaufer says she started a new relationship with a woman in 2007 but never disclosed to her what she was doing to the patients.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Wettlaufer is now talking about patient Maurice Granat at Caresssnt. She says Granat and Silcox both grabbed at her.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Wettlaufer says that's one of the reasons why she gave him the large dose of insulin.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
A bystander just stormed out of the courtroom. He walked behind Wettlaufer on the way out and called her a swear word.

Nicole Lampa@nicolelampa
Wettlaufer describing how she killed Mo Granat. Granat's friend storms out of courtroom calling Wettlaufer "f--king *****." @ctvkitchener

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Wettlaufer is now talking about Helen Matheson. She says she was very quiet, waiting to die.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
She says Matheson wanted pie and ice cream. She got her some, then that night she "overdosed her."

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Wettlaufer said she felt it in her chest that it was Matheson's time to die.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Wettlaufer is now talking about Mary Zurawinski. She says Mary said she wanted to die, so she gave her the insulin.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
During the questioning, she also makes some jokes.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
She calls Zurawinski spunky and fun, says she did nothing to harm her.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Wettlaufer says she did feel guilt. She says after Mary, there was a period of time where she didnt do the insulin injections anymore

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
She tried to get close to God she said, trying to see if it was God telling her what to do.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Police officer asks Wettlaufer if the victims died peacefully. She thinks many did.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
Officer asks her if she has anything to say to the families of the victims.

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
She says there's nothing she can say. If she could take it back, she would. She honestly thought it was God, she says, telling her to do it

Kiran Dhillon@KiranCTV
She says she's sorry and knows that's not true now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back