GUILTY Canada - Registered nurse facing 8 murder charges, Woodstock, Ont, 25 Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CBC Fifth Estate: She was coming into work intoxicated. She was found passed out in the basement during her night shift at Caressant Care.

Thanks Matou. I don't have cable but can stream later. Now I know to look. Love Fifth Estate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When she was at CAMH she told friend prior to her being investigated and arrested "I think I was acting out my anger issues." She communicated with him via texting.

This video might play the show for some on the computer..Also, for anyone interested, this is Dylan's thread..
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...13257127&highlight=Dylan+Koshman#post13257127

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/
The Unravelling of Nurse Wettlaufer

Eight deaths of elderly patients under her care. Nurse Elizabeth Wettlaufer is arrested for murder. Charged with eight counts of first-degree murder and four counts of attempted murder. What happened? Revelations about her and her life from close friends, neighbours and the nurse’s own words.

The second half of our program will be 'The Disappearance of Dylan Koshman'

CBC Fifth Estate: She was coming into work intoxicated. She was found passed out in the basement during her night shift at Caressant Care.

Intoxicated? On drugs or booze or both? Did they elaborate? How many times was she found passed out?

Intoxicated? On drugs or booze or both? Did they elaborate? How many times was she found passed out?

I'm not sure but I believe it could be both alcohol and drugs. Also, after mentioning her being found in the basement, she was fired soon after so I think she was found the once but it could have happened several times. I find it shocking that she was intoxicated more than once and people knew about it.

I'm not sure but I believe it could be both alcohol and drugs. Also, after mentioning her being found in the basement, she was fired soon after so I think she was found the once but it could have happened several times. I find it shocking that she was intoxicated more than once and people knew about it.

Wow. I can't believe they just let her leave "quietly" and keep her nursing licence after that. :notgood:

After watching that 5th Estate episode, it sounds like all they have is EW's admission, at a time when she was seeking treatment for addiction, that she did this. Is that going to be enough to convict her?

Wow. I can't believe they just let her leave "quietly" and keep her nursing licence after that. :notgood:

She was fired after she had been suspended 4 times for med errors. The care home did report her to the licensing board. It is unclear if anything was done.

She was fired after she had been suspended 4 times for med errors. The care home did report her to the licensing board. It is unclear if anything was done.

It sounded to me like she was reported for the med errors only and not for coming to work intoxicated and passing out in the basement?

MOO

It sounded to me like she was reported for the med errors only and not for coming to work intoxicated and passing out in the basement?

MOO

Sorry Kamillle I thought this article had been posted here http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/20...ation-related-errors-that-put-patients-at-ris
Also included in the warrant is Wettlaufer’s letter of dismissal dated March 31, 2014, from the Caressant Care administrator, Brenda Van Quaethem, blaming her for giving the wrong medication to residents.

It wasn’t the first time. The letter indicated Wettlaufer had been warned regularly and suspended four times, including two five-day suspensions.

Wettlaufer will plead guilty to 8 first-degree murder charges: CP

TORONTO -- The Canadian Press has learned that a former Ontario nurse accused of killing eight seniors in her care is expected to plead guilty to first-degree murder charges in their deaths at a court appearance on Thursday.

Elizabeth Wettlaufer currently faces a total of 14 charges, including eight counts of first-degree murder, four counts of attempted murder and two counts of aggravated assault.

http://www.cp24.com/news/wettlaufer-will-plead-guilty-to-8-first-degree-murder-charges-cp-1.3437898

Wettlaufer will plead guilty to 8 first-degree murder charges: CP

TORONTO -- The Canadian Press has learned that a former Ontario nurse accused of killing eight seniors in her care is expected to plead guilty to first-degree murder charges in their deaths at a court appearance on Thursday.

Elizabeth Wettlaufer currently faces a total of 14 charges, including eight counts of first-degree murder, four counts of attempted murder and two counts of aggravated assault.

http://www.cp24.com/news/wettlaufer-will-plead-guilty-to-8-first-degree-murder-charges-cp-1.3437898

Well at least that will spare the families a lot of expense and added grief. I'm glad she's chosen to take responsibility for her actions although I hope the fact that there is not going to be a trial, which would also have exposed the deficiencies in the nursing homes that allowed her to do this, does not mean that a full investigation of them is not completed.

I expect the families will need this information to proceed with their inevitable civil lawsuits?

MOO

Grand Valley seems to have weekly lockdowns. Jmo. Glad she plead guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@CP24 #BREAKING: Elizabeth Wettlaufer has confirmed in court that she plans to plead guilty to all 14 counts and waive right to trial.

@CP24 Wettlaufer confirms in court that she murdered victims with insulin overdose.

@CP24 Wettlaufer confirms to court that she was not impaired by alcohol or drugs when she murdered victims.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back