GUILTY Canada - Registered nurse facing 8 murder charges, Woodstock, Ont, 25 Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Meanwhile, in Japan..
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/...t-in-deaths-of-up-to-48-elderly-patients.html
[h=1]Japan searching for culprit in deaths of up to 48 elderly patients[/h]

As Ontarians grapple with one of Canada’s worst alleged serial killings, Japanese authorities are investigating their own string of suspicious elderly deaths — involving as many as 48 victims and a culprit still at large.
A month before Elizabeth Wettlaufer was charged in the deaths of eight nursing home residents in Ontario, a police investigation was triggered in Japan after two 88-year-old patients died at a hospital in Yokohama, the country’s second-largest city.

According to news reports, an autopsy found that a patient named Sozo Nishikawa had been fatally poisoned by a hospital disinfectant on Sept. 18. Two days after his death, a second male patient from his hospital room, Nobuo Yamaki, died after his heart rate dropped and triggered an alarm.
Both patients died shortly after their drip bags were replaced. Police suspect the deaths could be the work of a mercy killer, or a so-called “angel of death.”

I think so, as long as the confession is voluntary, and is consistent with the facts ie the actual deaths and what is known about them. They'll have questioned her repeatedly to see if her story changed, as it tends to do when someone is lying.

It's a highly unusual situation tho, legally, morally, socially.

I hope that there is more evidence to support the charges than simply her word. She could be suffering from some kind of delusional psychosis. From what I've seen in her life, she's always been sweet and kind, but she struggles with alchoholism and mental stability. I have never heard her say "pissed off" about anything. Is it not possible that the prescription drugs she's taking for her mental problems are causing a serious delusion? If she was so obsessed by patients that were making her angry, wouldn't others around her become aware and alarmed by it? Wouldn't she be posting nasty sentiments on her fb?

I donno ... I just can't believe that she murdered these people. I'm not alone in thinking this. I think that one person posted a negative comment on her fb, and all the rest are messages of care and concern for her.

There are many reports that BW was an angry little woman, my sister in law only interacted with her briefly at shift change she can't believe that BW would do such a thing because she was so sweet.

I was picking my sister in laws brain, trying to figure out how BW determined whom she was going to murder and I was reminded how some elderly patients suffering from mental health issues hit, bite, scratch, kick, my sister in law said that's why she started wearing her hair short, she got tired of having residents grab hold. Nothing gave BW the right to murder anyone, she should have left the profession if she was starting to get pissed off at the residents not shoot them up with insulin.

I wonder how many other BW's there are at nursing homes that have went undetected. If BW hadn't confessed she would never have been caught, she had gotten away with the murders nobody was investigating them until she told someone.

I have worked in nursing homes where residents begged to die.

I spent a month this past July in the hospital with cellulitis and the woman who was in the bed next to me had terminal
lung cancer and she was begging to die constantly. It was awful to listen to.

Just catching up on this horrific case. Is it possible that her therapist was the person who tipped off police? It seems obvious that she knew the charges were coming.

MOO

That is possible because legally they must.

Lengthy article
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...erial-killer-who-is-elizabeth-wettlaufer.html
[h=1]From caring nurse to accused serial killer: who is Elizabeth Wettlaufer?[/h]It is Wettlaufer’s seeming dedication to her work, apparent to colleagues, friends and family, that has made this week’s accusations against her unthinkable to many. How to reconcile the cheery, bespectacled caregiver in the colourful scrubs with an accused serial killer?
According to a source with knowledge of the investigation, the alleged string of homicides was discovered only after Wettlaufer made “concerning” comments about the deaths last month to staff at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, a psychiatric hospital in Toronto.
It is that information that has mental health experts stressing the principle of innocence before being proven guilty. The courts will have to closely examine the psychiatric issues that may have caused or influenced Wettlaufer’s alleged actions, said Steve Lurie, executive director of the Canadian Mental Health Association Toronto branch.
“That will be a very important, fundamental piece of justice, whether her apparent mental health and addiction issues interfered with her ability to understand the impact of what she is charged with doing,” he said.
In the days since Wettlaufer’s arrest, new meaning is now being drawn from her past actions, big and small. Some are now troubled by the five-year-old poem, “Inevitable,” written under the Betty Weston pseudonym.
It begins: “She watches some life drain/ from the notch in his neck vein. As it soothingly pools/it smothers her pain.”
In comments below the poem, one reader praises the poet for making the poem’s subject, a killer, female.
“Betty Weston” responded: “I felt it would make it more sinister to have the killer be a woman as it is unexpected. It also made me feel powerful.”

Sounds like the drug of choice was insulin. This is unbelievably frightening. Insulin is very easy to obtain....easy to inject....not injected into a vein so no needle mark is left....all humans have insulin in their bodies so likely not even looked for if autopsies were performed. I m a Type 1 insulin dependant diabetic and I was almost given a fatal dose of insulin in a hospital emergency department, fortunately I was conscious and questioned the dose, otherwise I would have died and my death would have been ruled as a death due to complications of diabetes. My guess is this likely happens far more often than any of us would like to think. Scary!!!

The movie "Reversal of Fortune" is about a murder with insulin as the poisoning drug. Very good trial movie, one of my favorites.

EW made her first brief court appearance yesterday via video link from Vanier. Her next appearance is Nov 18th. Only one family member of one of the deceased, James Silcox's youngest daughter Andrea Silcox, was in the courtroom....

The same goes for Andrea Silcox, 54, the youngest daughter of James Silcox, 84, who died Aug. 17, 2007, eight days after moving into Woodstock’s Caressant Care nursing home. Andrea Silcox was the only family member in the courtroom of the eight elderly nursing home residents Wettlaufer is accusing of killing while working as a nurse in Woodstock and London.

[...]

Silcox said she had her suspicions that something “just didn’t seem right” after her father’s death.

Despite a broken hip, a two-insulin-needle-a-day diabetes and some dementia, her father was “a good strong man.”

But in the days before his death, her father wasn’t well. When she last saw him, he was having flashbacks to the war and his job as a machine shop foreperson at Standard Tube.

Silcox also knew from her work as a housekeeper at another Oxford County long-term care home that new residents often have trouble adjusting to their new surroundings and will lash out “and it’s sometimes not pretty.”

Shockingly, even though family members asked for an autopsy, the coroner’s office in Oxford County talked them out of their request. “The coroner said, ‘He lived in long-term care, he was 85 years old, why bother?’ ” she said.

That’s left Silcox and her family with a lingering regret that perhaps a post mortem might have yielded some useful evidence for the case.

If her father died of an insulin overdose, she’s been assured by medical professionals that all of the drug would have likely been out of his system and possibly not detected, Silcox said.

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/11/02/e...-degree-murder-scheduled-for-court-appearance

I wonder how she is doing in prison. I always wonder when seemingly "normal" people do horrific things get sent to jail how they fair.
By all accounts EW lived a nice life on the outside. Time for her to put her big girl panties on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appears many other families are uneasy about their own loved one's deaths during that time frame, but LE seem confident that there are no other murders. I wonder what they have that makes them so sure?

http://www.woodstocksentinelreview....ives-whove-lost-loved-ones-now-have-questions

Probably to put other families at ease.... I am sorry to say.
I don't know but if I had family members who had passed in that facility when she was working there .... I would be devastated. Wonder if she would admit it if so...terrible..she killed so why believe her?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/elizabeth-wettlaufer-charged-with-murder-cruise-vacation-1.3840655

CBC News recently located Wettlaufer's ex-partner in a small Quebec village where she now lives. When approached, the partner said repeatedly, "I don't want to get involved in this at all." She did confirm, though, that Wettlaufer had talked about harming people, but said her former partner has suffered from mental health issues, including addictions to alcohol and prescription pills.

rbbm.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/elizabeth-wettlaufer-charged-with-murder-cruise-vacation-1.3840655

Elizabeth Wettlaufer took Caribbean cruise a day after allegedly killing patient, former friend says

Nurse appeared 'in good spirits' after vacation, Trish Crosbie told CBC News
The couple had a tumultuous relationship, according to acquaintance Cheryl Schwartz. Wettlaufer "was very pushy about things. [They] argued a lot," Schwartz said.
However, in August 2011 the couple's relationship was still strong. They spent time in Niagara Falls and snapped photos as they toured local attractions together. At one point, Wettlaufer posed inside a mock barrel that looks like it's about to plunge over Niagara Falls. She also posed in a fake electric chair. By then, police claim, Wettlaufer had already killed twice.

Wettlaufer poses in a mock-up of an electric chair in Niagara Falls. (Facebook)
attachment.php

Attachments

• wettlaufer-electric-chair.jpg
    wettlaufer-electric-chair.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 204
OMG, I am horrified! She needs to be locked up. WOW! So glad she was exposed but I wish it had never happened. There are no words...

She's a disgusting, vile, evil and I don't give a hot damn what her reasoning will be for what she did. She had no right to murder these dear families' loved ones. And I don't give a crap if she has mental health issues. To even bring that up does a great disservice to the many people out there who struggle with mental illness - who do NOT murder people. If anything, maybe her mental health issues and addictions were due to the karma causing her to be a tormented soul having to live with the fact that she murdered people. And depending on the extent of what she shared with her former lover about "harming people", shame on HER for not bringing that information forward. This case just aggravates me to no end. And for God's sake Media, stop posting pictures of her. I'm sure the loved ones of the seniors she murdered don't want to look at her evil smiling face.

She's a disgusting, vile, evil and I don't give a hot damn what her reasoning will be for what she did. She had no right to murder these dear families' loved ones. And I don't give a crap if she has mental health issues. To even bring that up does a great disservice to the many people out there who struggle with mental illness - who do NOT murder people. If anything, maybe her mental health issues and addictions were due to the karma causing her to be a tormented soul having to live with the fact that she murdered people. And depending on the extent of what she shared with her former lover about "harming people", shame on HER for not bringing that information forward. This case just aggravates me to no end. And for God's sake Media, stop posting pictures of her. I'm sure the loved ones of the seniors she murdered don't want to look at her evil smiling face.

Agree. Now you have to be 1 smart cookie to become a registered nurse. So she has a good enough mental capacity to know right from wrong.

Also. There are 1 billion drug addicts out there. But they are not acting like the angel of death and killing folks for no reason.

So this lady has been demented her entire life. And she is worse than gang bangers that have no problem shooting at various people in the city.

OPP asked to investigate more deaths at nursing homes. Possible link to EW but it's at the request of former patient families.

Personally I think she has confessed to all of them..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor
Back