Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess LE need to check their apartment for blood, see if he borrowed a vehicle, etc.

Hey I'm new to this site. I knew Samantha Higgins and I live pretty much right next to the McDonald's in question.

I've been reading this thread and I just wanted to clarify some things for you guys and gals.

First it wasn't a party... More of a couple of friends drinking on a Monday night kinda night (that happens quite often in Montreal for those of you not from here)..

Second the McDonald's in question is ALWAYS busy. It closes at midnight but the drive through stays open all night except between 4:30 and 5:00 am. (They change over to the breakfast system and can't take orders) many people walk through the drive through and there's always people hanging outside, there are quite a few bars on the stretch of Newmand Boul. So there tends to be drunk people there a lot as it's the only fast food chain opened on the street late at night. (Drunk people love McDonald's) there's a pretty busy bar/pool hall directly across the street. Now I know typically bars wouldn't be busy on a Monday night. But the bar across the street always has people playing the VLT machines. Monday night is a big night for machine players, they can play and not be bothered by a super packed bar. There's no way the street was empty at 1 am.

Also for people asking the FB page has not been taken down. It was set to private so the admins can delete people being disrespectful and talking about the investigation.

First, my deepest condolences with the loss of your friend. I can't imagine how people must be reeling from the manner in which Samantha lost her life - especially at a time when her life was full with a new child, a four year old, and a pending wedding. It seemed that her time was now, and for it to be cut short at this time must be very hard for family and friends.

Thank you for your comment. In terms of this discussion, I would really like to exclude the fiancee from the discussion in the sense that I am inclined to believe that he was at home with the children, perhaps phoning Samantha through the night, and most likely confused about her absence. However, there are some small issues that raise the question of his involvement, in addition to the obvious assumption that the spouse (fiancee) has to be excluded first. If he does not have a car, then he is excluded. If the baby was bottle fed, he is more easily excluded. If he was calling through the night until the phone battery quit, then he is excluded.

Do you know if they owned a car, if the baby was bottle fed, and whether he was calling through the night?

If he can be excluded, then I think we will be more inclined to look at the bigger picture of missing and murdered women in the area, with an eye to looking for patterns. This murder is horrific, and it is not the only horrific murder in the area. If a madman is attacking vulnerable women in the area, maybe we can give fresh eyes to the limited information that is available and come up with a wild idea that helps.

The French media reported he was the suspect. English media is only saying they've arrested a 22 year old. My guess it's the fiancé. LaPresse is a very reputable media outlet. Just as the Montréal gazette. I think they got the right guy.

It sure answers many questions.

I read the French media first... They said it was the fiancé but that the police did not confirm. Meaning it's still just speculation.

Makes sense if he only said they they spoke on the phone and didn't text each other.

Also phone pinging in the same area the McD's. Their place is right near there.

If it is him, thank god he did nothing to the babies, a lot of times, the distressed dad takes everyone.

First, my deepest condolences with the loss of your friend. I can't imagine how people must be reeling from the manner in which Samantha lost her life - especially at a time when her life was full with a new child, a four year old, and a pending wedding. It seemed that her time was now, and for it to be cut short at this time must be very hard for family and friends.

Thank you for your comment. In terms of this discussion, I would really like to exclude the fiancee from the discussion in the sense that I am inclined to believe that he was at home with the children, perhaps phoning Samantha through the night, and most likely confused about her absence. However, there are some small issues that raise the question of his involvement, in addition to the obvious assumption that the spouse (fiancee) has to be excluded first. If he does not have a car, then he is excluded. If the baby was bottle fed, he is more easily excluded. If he was calling through the night until the phone battery quit, then he is excluded.

Do you know if they owned a car, if the baby was bottle fed, and whether he was calling through the night?

If he can be excluded, then I think we will be more inclined to look at the bigger picture of missing and murdered women in the area, with an eye to looking for patterns. This murder is horrific, and it is not the only horrific murder in the area. If a madman is attacking vulnerable women in the area, maybe we can give fresh eyes to the limited information that is available and come up with a wild idea that helps.

She wasn't a super close friend, but Pt St Charles is a very close community. They did not have a car that much I do know. I'm not sure about the baby's feeding habits, but I don't see how he could pull of a murder, dismemberment and a body dump with a 4 year old and a 10 week old baby in his care. It was stated previously that his parents were there which is not true...they came over the next day to help with the kids as his fiancé was missing and he was worried and distracted. Another point is when Samantha's step father went to deliver the news about the body being found, his reaction was sobbing uncontrollably outside the apartment... So unless he's a world class actor... I have my doubt it was him.

I'm having a hard time believing it was the fiance. Where were the kids? Did the 4 year old really sleep that soundly? 99% sure they lived in an apartment, so someone would have heard *something*. There are some things that probably make him look guilty, but isn't it possible that they are just trying to rule him out as a suspect by taking him in for questioning?

Gruesome content warning: If the fiancee is responsible, then I think he laid her out on the bed after murdering her, with a plan to dispose of her in the morning ... but rigor mortis had set in and she was stiff ... so he cut off her legs to make smaller pieces that could be removed from the home more easily. There will be blood in the bath drain, or somewhere in their home, if he did this to her. Alternatively, maybe he cut off her legs in an attempt to mimic some of the other local gruesome murders.

Another point is when Samantha's step father went to deliver the news about the body being found, his reaction was sobbing uncontrollably outside the apartment... So unless he's a world class actor... I have my doubt it was him.

What's the word in the community? Does anyone have suspicions? I was thinking it was the friend whose house she was at. Other friends didn't seem too keen on her.

What's the word in the community? Does anyone have suspicions? I was thinking it was the friend whose house she was at. Other friends didn't seem too keen on her.

Everyone would be in complete and utter shock if it was the fiancé. There was a lot of speculation about the friends house she was at. I don't know her personally but it was stemmed from the fact that she only texted an hour after Sam supposedly left to see if she was ok when it was only a 10 min walk. That along with the fact that she wasn't out helping with the search. People found that was suspicious and made it seem like she knew more than she was saying. There's been a lot of talk on the FB page, most of it was removed. She has younger sibling that can read and have FB, the family doesn't want them to see people I playing detective.

Edit: I personally don't think anything of it, people who are drinking have no sense of time. I know that first hand!

She wasn't a super close friend, but Pt St Charles is a very close community. They did not have a car that much I do know. I'm not sure about the baby's feeding habits, but I don't see how he could pull of a murder, dismemberment and a body dump with a 4 year old and a 10 week old baby in his care. It was stated previously that his parents were there which is not true...they came over the next day to help with the kids as his fiancé was missing and he was worried and distracted. Another point is when Samantha's step father went to deliver the news about the body being found, his reaction was sobbing uncontrollably outside the apartment... So unless he's a world class actor... I have my doubt it was him.

Did you see the interview with Sam's stepdad? He said he told Nick and then he proceeded to tell his mom.

Everyone would be in complete and utter shock if it was the fiancé. There was a lot of speculation about the friends house she was at. I don't know her personally but it was stemmed from the fact that she only texted an hour after Sam supposedly left to see if she was ok when it was only a 10 min walk. That along with the fact that she wasn't out helping with the search. People found that was suspicious and made it seem like she knew more than she was saying. There's been a lot of talk on the FB page, most of it was removed. She has younger sibling that can read and have FB, the family doesn't want them to see people I playing detective.

Edit: I personally don't think anything of it, people who are drinking have no sense of time. I know that first hand!
How well do you know Nick?

How well do you know Nick?
Not that well. I knew Sam through friends. Him I didn't. But from what I understand they were really happy together, they just had a baby and just got engaged.

Thank you! If they didn't have a car, then it would have been very difficult for him to transport her body out of the city without help from a second party. Without a car, I would almost exclude him. If the baby was 10 weeks old and not taking a bottle, I highly doubt that he would have had an easy time feeding the baby.

I knew that his parents arrived the next day ... wasn't it his mother's birthday? (or was it the grandmother?). The sobbing reaction doesn't really mean anything. Even men that murder their wives drop to their knees, go into shock, or start sobbing. Sometimes it's for the victim, and sometimes it is feeling sorry for themselves and having an opportunity to finally release the emotion and stress associated with fear of getting caught.

wasnt there a young mom from niagara falls area found similarly? disappeared and cut up aind in the river. is that far from this?

Reading some of the comments on the Facebook page and it appears some know who did this. One even posted that it will be resolved by Monday. Hmmmmmm

My gut feeling was it was personal and it may turn out to be the case after all.

RIP Samantha

https://www.facebook.com/groups/566972586774513/

I hope it wasn't the fiancé. Could this be why he hasn't been seen and didn't go with the family to where Samantha's body was found? I've been hoping that he was distraught and having to cope with the children and didn't want to be in the spotlight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back