Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is the newest article out from CJAD with an interview with VH.

The mother of the 22-year-old Lasalle woman found murdered in Hinchinbrooke, Quebec last week says the family is coping, but remains shattered by their loss.

Vanessa Higgins met briefly with reporters outside her Pointe St-Charles home Monday afternoon, accompanied by her spouse Danny Jones.

When asked how she was doing, Higgins, fighting back tears, said she had finally eaten something for the first time since she learned that the body found in a plastic bag under a bridge last Friday was her daughter's.

Since then, she has been constantly surrounded by friends and relatives.

"It's keeping us going," she says. She adds that she was awaiting a call from the coroner to receive news from the autopsy. "Now we're just preparing ourselves for the next piece of bad news, and then of course after this will be the funeral."

She says she has been in touch with police, but all they've told her is that the investigation is going well.

The funeral will be held Saturday, with a visitation open to the public at the Urgel Bourgie funeral home on Notre-Dame west from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.

Higgins says there are two official Go Fund Me campaigns accepting donations to Samantha's family. The money collected will go either into a trust fund to pay for the education of her two children or help with the cost of buying supplies like diapers and formula.

Samantha Higgins' daughter turns four this week. Her son is three months old. Both are staying with their father.

Hi, i'm also a local, I know lasalle and the area pretty well.
I also thought about the possibility of a taxi driver offering Samantha a ride home & it going wrong, like Natashaa said they do stop young women and sometimes even propostion you for sex, there are a lot of prostitutes in Montreal, not nearly as many as psc(the area sam grew up in) but some cars will stop & ask you for sex misjudging you.
I've had taxi drivers stop and ask if I want a ride, ask if i'm "working", & i'm a young, clean, professional woman who always dresses modestly for the most part.
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to hear that it was a taxi driver. I've had a lot of lasalle taxi drivers give me the creeps.
I don't see it being someone who hangs out at mcdonalds, i've been in there many times and they may be loud but they don't seem dangerous. & they're all pretty young kids who I see walking, not driving. I think those kids are finishing shifts, waiting for friends to finish a shift, or just visiting friends that are working

I don't think we should speculate on race. Let's face it. She was dumped in a very rural area. Who would be out there at (assuming) very early hours of the morning? Someone who is very familiar with Hinchinbrooke I have family in Huntingdon & Ormstown. There is nobody on the road on weekends. I can't imagine Monday being busy. It's dark, farmland.

The perp(s) knew the area IMO.

Hopefully once the autopsy is complete, positive ID has been established and the cause and manner of death is announced the case will move along quickly.

Hi, i'm also a local, I know lasalle and the area pretty well.
I also thought about the possibility of a taxi driver offering Samantha a ride home & it going wrong, like Natashaa said they do stop young women and sometimes even propostion you for sex, there are a lot of prostitutes in Montreal, not nearly as many as psc(the area sam grew up in) but some cars will stop & ask you for sex misjudging you.
I've had taxi drivers stop and ask if I want a ride, ask if i'm "working", & i'm a young, clean, professional woman who always dresses modestly for the most part.
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to hear that it was a taxi driver. I've had a lot of lasalle taxi drivers give me the creeps.
I don't see it being someone who hangs out at mcdonalds, i've been in there many times and they may be loud but they don't seem dangerous. & they're all pretty young kids who I see walking, not driving. I think those kids are finishing shifts, waiting for friends to finish a shift, or just visiting friends that are working

I've never personally had a problem with the taxi drivers. I've even accepted a ride once or twice (walking from Lachine to Lasalle in the middle of the night) none of them ever proposed sex. A couple have asked me if I wanted to smoke a joint... But that's it. I used to take a taxi to work daily so I knew a lot of the drivers. I've always considered myself to be "street smart" and I would never get in a car with someone who gave me the creeps, but I have gotten that vibe from some drivers in Lasalle/Lachine before. It is something to look in to.

Arrêté means arrested. This is good news.

A guy from the party I wonder? Same age as Samantha.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back