Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There was a time lag for sure, between when Sam's friend SENT Sam the message, and when someone REPLIED "yup".

WE don't know the exact time lag. But LE will know.

We don't know how quickly Samantha would "normally" respond to texts. Many variables here. We don't know if Sam had any text notification (vibrate/beep/etc) on either.

Did Sam use the KIK app or any other apps that show when a message is "read"?

Welcome to all the new members! So glad you joined us.

Why go so far down to Hichinbrooke if it wasn't "on his way"? .

The person probably worked around there, or is a trucker or like to take motorbike rides or had relatives living around that area. Personally i like to do a lot of driving on the southshore and closest i went from Hinchinbrooke is Huntingdon. In my mind, after Huntingdon, it's the united-states. That person thought of that little bridge. He could of done the same thing close to home by dumping it under Mercier Bridge, like what happenend to Tiffany Morisson in khanawake.

Article today in English but with no new information other than that the plastic bag was green.

A green plastic bag containing a mutilated body was reported to police by a passer-by of the community who found the bag, thinking it was someone who had simply thrown away their garbage.

The author makes an error with the childrens' ages so it may not be reliable MSM:

http://www.lifeinquebec.com/is-there-a-serial-killer-among-us-10627/

Okay - this whole "yup" thing has me a bit askew.

In my head, I am totally discounting that Sam made the text "yup all safe".

What if she DID make that text? She just gave birth, and was by all accounts drunk. Maybe she DID make that text, and maybe she did feel "all safe".

Just sayin'

I know we are way backwards when it comes to camera surveillance but please tell me that the Federal Bridge Corporation maintains cameras on the Mercier?? Surely with some diligent police work they can see what vehicles left and came back over the bridge within the span of less than two hours on early Tuesday morning. There should be tons of cameras on Newman and Shevshenko as well. This all happened from disappearance to discovery in the span of less than 60 hours so clues should be fresh. I hope that the Surete and the SPVM working together will help the case.

The Mercier bridge has traffic cameras, but maybe not at Airlie, which is where they would have most likely gotten on the bridge.

Hello everyone. I'm new here so please bear with me as I figure out how to post.
Has the time of death for SH been determined? She went to a friends house on Monday and was found on Thursday by men walking home from work. In an interview it was said that one of the men usually looks over the bridge, so had he just not noticed the body before or had SH been held by her killer and then dumped in the river a few days later?
I find it hard to believe that her fiancé was okay with her staying overnight at her friends and wasn't concerned until noon the next day. If he couldn't reach her by phone I would think he would have gone to the friends house looking for her.

Thank-you for joining our discussion at WS - excellent post.

You have pointed out here that there is not ONLY a McDonald's on that street.

What is the name of the bar/pool hall? (and what is a VLT machine)

What are the "habits" of hard core VLT machine users?

What other establishments would have been open at 1 am on a Monday night in that area (or had a closing time of MIDNIGHT)

The pool hall is Le Skratch and a VLT is a video-lottery terminal.
I couldn't tell you the habits of a VLT user. My guess is if you're out using a VLT at midnight on a Monday night, then you're probably a gambling addict.

There is also a Tim Hortons nearby which may have been open, although not necessarily on her path, it's within sight of the corner of Newman and Shevshenko.

:wagon:

Welcome to Websleuths Natashaa and thanks for your input - especially giving us your local knowledge of the case!

As media attention seems to be waning, with scant detail for the last couple of days, what direction do you think the case is taking?

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'm pretty sure the family asked for privacy and that's why there haven't been more details. There was a post yesterday on the FB page asking people to respect the family and the investigation and to stop asking questions. It mentioned that the information that can be shared has been covered by the media. It was also said that there are parts of this sad situation that the family doesn't feel the need to share because it's "to personal" and/or "they don't want to jeopardize the investigation" meaning there is definitely more information not being shared.

The pool hall is Le Skratch and a VLT is a video-lottery terminal.
I couldn't tell you the habits of a VLT user. My guess is if you're out using a VLT at midnight on a Monday night, then you're probably a gambling addict.

There is also a Tim Hortons nearby which may have been open, although not necessarily on her path, it's within sight of the corner of Newman and Shevshenko.

Thank-you for joining our discussion at WS - excellent post.

You have pointed out here that there is not ONLY a McDonald's on that street.

What is the name of the bar/pool hall? (and what is a VLT machine)

What are the "habits" of hard core VLT machine users?

What other establishments would have been open at 1 am on a Monday night in that area (or had a closing time of MIDNIGHT)

The pool hall is called "Le Skratch" and a VLT is a Video Lottery Terminal. I work at another bar down the street called "Station 77" on a Monday night the bar itself is dead, except the people playing the machines (Mostly middle age males and females) some drink but most just gamble. Most "hardcore" gamblers have told me the machines pay out more on a Monday. The Tim Hortons down the street is 24hrs and there are two gas stations/stores open also on the stretch along with a Couch Tard (general store for those not in Quebec) a bit further down.

Welcome to all the new members! So glad you joined us.

Hopefully the police are absolutely canvassing every inch in the relatively small radius between Lise street, the McDonalds, and her apartment. Can locals bear the scene confirm that there is/was a police presence? From what I am seeing on tv it doesn't seem to be the case :(.

Why go so far down to Hichinbrooke if it wasn't "on his way"? He probably disposed of the legs before the body. It gets rural pretty quickly after you cross over. Its just weird to me. Do we think he turned back to Montreal? I know we are way backwards when it comes to camera surveillance but please tell me that the Federal Bridge Corporation maintains cameras on the Mercier?? Surely with some diligent police work they can see what vehicles left and came back over the bridge within the span of less than two hours on early Tuesday morning. There should be tons of cameras on Newman and Shevshenko as well. This all happened from disappearance to discovery in the span of less than 60 hours so clues should be fresh. I hope that the Surete and the SPVM working together will help the case.

I've noticed a greater police presence in Lasalle. This Saturday night I was at a bar on Newman there were police everywhere... Which isn't that normal... It's a pretty quiet are normally. Then this happened and a couple of day before there was also a near fatal shooting very close to where all this happened. So there is definitely more police in the area.

Okay - this whole "yup" thing has me a bit askew.

In my head, I am totally discounting that Sam made the text "yup all safe".

What if she DID make that text? She just gave birth, and was by all accounts drunk. Maybe she DID make that text, and maybe she did feel "all safe".

Just sayin'
\

BBM

IF she made and sent that text I think we all know what that means. Likely she made it home safely.

If she did make it home safe, than there should be no reason why her body should have been found in a creek, steam, river or anywhere else for that matter, other than tucked in her bed, safe and sound.

JMO

All summer long, Mercier bridge is closed on one side due to repairs, so it's one lane only going in and one lane out of Montreal. Nightmare traffic occurs only from 6-9 AM going INTO Montreal and 4-7 PM heading southshore. in the middle of the night, not much traffic out there. So the person/gang who did this probably used Mercier Bridge/Route 138 to Huntigndon. I know that McDonalds is a hangout for a lot of black people in Lasalle, but if a black person would be seen in Hinchinbrooke, people would have noticed( no racism intended). So the person who dropped the bag is probably white. Just my opinion.

I agree (not trying to be racist either)

There are mainly black people that hang out at the McDonald's and Le Skratch(bar) across the street. And that would look really out of place and suspicious in Hichinbrook... I believe she had to be taken before reaching Newman it way to busy of a Street... I've spent many nights walking around Lasalle all the side streets are completely dead at night. You may see a taxi or another car... But that's it.

I agree (not trying to be racist either)

I've spent many nights walking around Lasalle all the side streets are completely dead at night. You may see a taxi or another car... But that's it.

Interesting that you mention a taxi... The last place Tiffany Morrison was seen was in a taxi. They never did find the driver or the cab company.

Interesting that you mention a taxi... The last place Tiffany Morrison was seen was in a taxi. They never did find the driver or the cab company.

I've been walking alone at night before and been stopped by a taxi on multiple occasions asking me where I'm going and if I needed a lift.

Hello,
I’m new to websleuth and I just pass by to give my opinion.
First of all, I’m franco so please be kind about my English. ;)
Like I said before, I’m franco and sometimes I use * yup* in text message. Don’t know why but if I read all the comments I’m coming to the conclusion that every kind of person can use this word in text message. ( franco , anglo , old , young)
More than that, if I want to be sure to not be recognize I can use some words that I never use before…
Second,
I found kind of strange that SH boyfriend didn’t talk about the disappearance before noon but I need to find answers about some question before judging him.
1. We know that the official disappearance wasn’t reported before noon but we don’t know if he has alerted the family before that.

2. In your opinion, how long it takes to dismember someone and to get round-trip to Montérégie?

3. Let’s admit that the couple had problems. It’s strange that the boyfriend did this and now left with 2 young children in their arms? He may not have food support to pay to her but he must take care of them…. It would be interesting to know if he has recently contracted a major life insurance on SH… what is very likely since they got engaged recently..

Hello,
I’m new to websleuth and I just pass by to give my opinion.
First of all, I’m franco so please be kind about my English. ;)
Like I said before, I’m franco and sometimes I use * yup* in text message. Don’t know why but if I read all the comments I’m coming to the conclusion that every kind of person can use this word in text message. ( franco , anglo , old , young)
More than that, if I want to be sure to not be recognize I can use some words that I never use before…
Second,
I found kind of strange that SH boyfriend didn’t talk about the disappearance before noon but I need to find answers about some question before judging him.
1. We know that the official disappearance wasn’t reported before noon but we don’t know if he has alerted the family before that.

2. In your opinion, how long it takes to dismember someone and to get round-trip to Montérégie?

3. Let’s admit that the couple had problems. It’s strange that the boyfriend did this and now left with 2 young children in their arms? He may not have food support to pay to her but he must take care of them…. It would be interesting to know if he has recently contracted a major life insurance on SH… what is very likely since they got engaged recently..

If the boyfriend did this, I don't think he planned it.

It's very possible that if she came home they could have argued over the fact that she was intoxicated, perhaps stayed out later than expected, or something along those lines which escalated into her being killed out of him being enraged.

One of the key parts of getting paid for a life insurance policy is having the body to prove that person has died. Dumping a body in a river isn't going to guarantee that the body will ever be found. Someone trying to collect on a life insurance policy by killing that person would have to be pretty stupid to put the body where it might never be found.

JMO

Look at all those cases so close together. Serial predator - I'm sure of it.

-Per Mother - Samantha left friend's between 12:15 am and 12:30 am. Should have taken 10 minutes to get home

-Samantha talked to fiance at 1:10 - having fun

-Friend texts Samantha at unknown time to see if she is home okay

-1:40 am a reply text is sent from Samantha's phone - Yup all safe (or something like that). Samantha never used the word "yup"

-5:00 a.m. - Samantha's phone goes directly to voicemail (who was calling her? ) Last known location of phone is McDonalds

-12:00 pm - Fiance realizes she didn't stay overnight at friends house and parents start plastering flyers. LE does not wait 24 hours for her to be missing - ***

The friend texted her at 1:26.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back