Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://translate.google.ca/translat...inchinbrooke-le-mystere-plane.php&prev=search

"Who killed Samantha Higgins? More than 48 hours after the discovery of the dismembered body of the young woman in Hinchinbrooke, Montérégie, the police remain very discreet about the progress of the investigation.

So the mystery remains unsolved as to the identity of the author or authors of the crime. Thus, the Sûreté du Québec, in charge of the investigation, refused to confirm whether a suspect or suspects have been identified"

snip>.

"Higgins is trying to remain strong for the two children of her daughter. She also asked for help to the citizens of LaSalle, praying to remove all Samantha wanted poster that had been displayed since the disappearance of the latter on the night of 6 to 7 July.

"Her 4 year old daughter does not need to see the face of her mother everywhere," she sighed. In addition to her baby 3 months, Samantha was also a little girl who will experience a sad fourth anniversary well next Wednesday."

Some random thoughts about about MSM reports: I'm following both French & English press here - details are "pretty" consistent in both, so far, IMO.

Garbage bag ("sac poubelle")in French media, plastic bag in Anglo: I'm not worried about the difference too much, garbage bags are generally plastic, & one big enough for (part of) a body I'd probably call it a sac poubelle too.

For those interested, press I'm following (sorry, phone is on link strike again):

Journal de Montreal (a bit sensational/tabloidy)
La Presse
Tva Nouvelles
CTV
CBA
Montreal Gazette

Anyone have any other good MSM sources?

And yes, unfortunately, I have to agree that we're not going to hear much from LE :(. Both the SQ (provincial police) & SPVM (Montreal police) are on the case, apparently.

Yes, Canadian law related to media is very strict when it comes to publishing information about innocent people. It is based on British Law which is similar to law in many European countries. Even with high profile cases, there is no such thing as a talking head mouthing off about guilt or innocence. Investigative information is released during trial in order to preserve the integrity of the investigation and to ensure that a guilty party receives a fair trial.

BBM: & Quebec law contains elements of both Anglo-Saxon (British) law AND the Code Napoleonic (Code Civil et Criminel) ...

The longer this case goes on without a suspect in the hot seat, the less like it is that the offender was someone known to SH.
I think she knew her killer but just in case I'm wrong :) .....THEN - I really think we should set up a specialized thread focusing on the idea that there is a repeat offender targeting women in the LaSalle area. What do you all think?
-Does someone (more tech-savvy than me) want to create the thread?
-We could bring across otto's excellent maps.
-Someone else upthread had made a list of cases so we can add links to their individual threads if they already exist.
-We can create a timeline for all of the cases to date.
Re what to include: there are some cases that have been mentioned earlier as being similar to SH such as Jessica Neilson (she does not have a page here on WS) and I'd be hesitant to include her as the victim of a serial killer as a quick reading of the case seems to lead in another direction (We should totally still build her a thread of her own though :)

Who's for it?

I'd be for it, Eucalyptuz.

But I'm not confident enough to creat the thread - techno-challenged :(, & it's O'dark Thirty here (AKA Stupid O'clock).

ETA: I'm not yet convinced that Samantha is a victim of a random or serial killer, however. JMO, but I'd like some answers to a lot of questions I have that are difficult to ask here because of TOS...

I'd be for it, Eucalyptuz.

But I'm not confident enough to create the thread - techno-challenged :(, & it's O'dark Thirty here (AKA Stupid O'clock).

ETA: I'm not yet convinced that Samantha is a victim of a random or serial killer, however. JMO, but I'd like some answers to a lot of questions I have that are difficult to ask here because of TOS...

Yay! Maybe we are in the same time zone! Well past stupid o'clock here and I must go to bed.

Maybe the industrious elves and fairies of the night shift can help throw a new specialized thread together??? Hint..hint :)

Another tragic Canadian case :( My heartfelt sympathy to Samantha's loved ones. May justice prevail.

So SH went to a party on July 6th? That was a Monday night. Just wondering, who parties on a Monday night? Unless maybe it was for a friend who was celebrating a birthday. But IMO many people will celebrate on the weekend before or after their actual birthday. No mention as to what kind of party SH attended? Was this party a set up for something nefarious? Likely not many people out and about on a Monday night, around midnight, as opposed to a Friday or Saturday night. Less likely to be seen be witnesses?

I think it would be important to know how much SH had to drink at her friend's house that night. Toxicology reports will be performed to see if there was anything suspicious in her system. Sometimes people are more vulnerable when they are intoxicated. Did some twisted minded person happen upon her, taking notice she was staggering and decided to offer her a ride or knew they could easily force her into their vehicle? If it was a set up, she would be more trusting to accept a ride from someone she knew. Who all knew she was attending this party? Was someone who knew her waiting somewhere along her path home? Was this part of why her fiance text her wonder when she would be home? Was it an all girls party or males also? Was there someone at the party who did not like SH?

In regards to her finance believing she was spending the night, why is there this misunderstanding on his part? When you have two small children who may need care through the night, wouldn't it just be common sense they talked it out and came to an agreement about SH's plans or intentions that night? And the fact that SH's friend lived a very short distance from their home, doesn't it seem logical SH would walk home or find a way home instead of spending the night? Especially knowing she had two little ones at home to contend with the following day?

IMO the perp perhaps cut off her legs to make her lighter/easier to transport. Obviously it take a very sick and evil minded person to murder someone, but to also dismember them, sounds like something very personal.

ALL MOO.

Here's a link to a site that was set up when she disappeared it's got lots of photos I'd not seen before.
http://www.findingsamatha.com/ (please excuse if this was posted earlier...I did not see it...

The FB seems to have been permanently removed perhaps because of the rumors and speculation going on there?

It was set to private by the admin. The page is still there though.

Hey I'm new to this site. I knew Samantha Higgins and I live pretty much right next to the McDonald's in question.

I've been reading this thread and I just wanted to clarify some things for you guys and gals.

First it wasn't a party... More of a couple of friends drinking on a Monday night kinda night (that happens quite often in Montreal for those of you not from here)..

Second the McDonald's in question is ALWAYS busy. It closes at midnight but the drive through stays open all night except between 4:30 and 5:00 am. (They change over to the breakfast system and can't take orders) many people walk through the drive through and there's always people hanging outside, there are quite a few bars on the stretch of Newmand Boul. So there tends to be drunk people there a lot as it's the only fast food chain opened on the street late at night. (Drunk people love McDonald's) there's a pretty busy bar/pool hall directly across the street. Now I know typically bars wouldn't be busy on a Monday night. But the bar across the street always has people playing the VLT machines. Monday night is a big night for machine players, they can play and not be bothered by a super packed bar. There's no way the street was empty at 1 am.

Also for people asking the FB page has not been taken down. It was set to private so the admins can delete people being disrespectful and talking about the investigation.

I've. Not seen anywhere that fiancé has been interviewed; in the post you quoted, the journalist is quoting "McKernan", a family friend/member (it seems to be a very large extended family), & M is the one relating the information about the time stamp of the call & what was said.

I.e. It was *at least* 3rd hand by the time *we* heard it (I don't know if M got the info directly from fiancé).

Everyone from Pt St Charles is "related" I know Miss McKernan personally and she's a very close friend of Samantha's.

:wagon:

Welcome to Websleuths Natashaa and thanks for your input - especially giving us your local knowledge of the case!

As media attention seems to be waning, with scant detail for the last couple of days, what direction do you think the case is taking?

Hello to all of you guys, new member here, just for this case,because i live in Chateauguay and have teens i am worried and want to follow this. I am also a bus driver who does Newman blvrd from Angrignon to Chateauguay for 15 years. I am mostly french speaking, but bilingual. Police have not said anything new, and none of the media are talking about this, wich makes me think the police might of asked the media to not say a word for some reason. Also i noticed on the facebook page created for SH one individual named Rob saying he confronted someone who might be involved in this, suspecting foul play, just don't know how credible is this.

BBM: & Quebec law contains elements of both Anglo-Saxon (British) law AND the Code Napoleonic (Code Civil et Criminel) ...

Thank you. I'm curious whether the law regarding obtaining a search warrant is different in Quebec.

I can't find the RIP facebook for Samantha anymore. Is this the one that is private now?

Hey I'm new to this site. I knew Samantha Higgins and I live pretty much right next to the McDonald's in question.

I've been reading this thread and I just wanted to clarify some things for you guys and gals.

First it wasn't a party... More of a couple of friends drinking on a Monday night kinda night (that happens quite often in Montreal for those of you not from here)..

Second the McDonald's in question is ALWAYS busy. It closes at midnight but the drive through stays open all night except between 4:30 and 5:00 am. (They change over to the breakfast system and can't take orders) many people walk through the drive through and there's always people hanging outside, there are quite a few bars on the stretch of Newmand Boul. So there tends to be drunk people there a lot as it's the only fast food chain opened on the street late at night. (Drunk people love McDonald's) there's a pretty busy bar/pool hall directly across the street. Now I know typically bars wouldn't be busy on a Monday night. But the bar across the street always has people playing the VLT machines. Monday night is a big night for machine players, they can play and not be bothered by a super packed bar. There's no way the street was empty at 1 am.

Also for people asking the FB page has not been taken down. It was set to private so the admins can delete people being disrespectful and talking about the investigation.

Has it been confirmed whether or not she went to McDonald's? If so, what time was it? Trying to get a timeline going!

I can't find the RIP facebook for Samantha anymore. Is this the one that is private now?

When I tried to go to it the other day, it appeared as if it was deleted. Usually, when a page is set to private, it still shows the page but not the comments, etc.

Thanks to all that are trying to provide a link to the RIP FB page. The trouble is that it is now private which means if you 'liked' it or became a member before the administrators of the page changed its settings then you can still see it as normal. However, newcomers or people following links from here are getting a "this page does not exist or has changed it permissions etc"

Regarding the individual on that page spouting about knowing who did it - he seems a real crackpot if it's the posts I managed to read before access to the page was tightened. Firstly he did not know SH and did not seem to live in the area and secondly he was vehement in his accusations which he said were based on a 'gut feel'. Thirdly, he was really bombing the page with comments when the general vibe was to express grief and sympathy for the family.
Maybe there were other posters too...but that one seemed a loon!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteCamo
Back