Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A suspect is always allowed to have a lawyer present when questioned by police in Canada. Did you mean something different?

http://svan.ca/police-rights/

That's not true. When someone is detained in Canada, that person is not allowed to have a lawyer present during questioning. From your link:

"Once you have spoken to your lawyer, the police may continue to ask you questions."

You can speak to a lawyer, and then you will be questioned without a lawyer. That's the law in Canada.

That's not true. When someone is detained in Canada, that person is not allowed to have a lawyer present during questioning. From your link:

"Once you have spoken to your lawyer, the police may continue to ask you questions."

You can speak to a lawyer, and then you will be questioned without a lawyer. That's the law in Canada.

but the lawyer may (probably will) advise you to not answer questions

ETA: also, the lawyer can be present if all parties agree - it's not illegal but the detainee does not have a constitutional right to it

This is the law in Quebec (and yes, it's the same as in the rest of Canada):

The right to speak to a lawyer is a fundamental right. It allows people detained or arrested to discuss their rights and responsibilities with a lawyer. For example, they can find out what to expect after the arrest and get advice about whether to remain silent when questioned by police.

The right to speak to a lawyer does not include the right to have a lawyer present during police questioning. However, the lawyer can be present if everyone agrees to it.

People detained or arrested have a right to remain silent.In fact, the police must inform people of this right.

https://www.educaloi.qc.ca/en/capsules/rights-during-detention-or-arrest

I thought it was connected to her friend.
Having your facebook filled with csi murder games might not mean anything at all but at the same time it might give a screwed up mind sick ideas.
I could be wrong but I heard that on the fb page of the friends girlfriend she had a status saying.. "can i get away with it" or something down that line, later when I checked her facebool I only saw a lot of crime & murder game shares.
The friends girlfriend was also to be said gone camping the day it happened & returned home when samantha was reported missing to be with her girlfriend

what friend? what girlfriend? I don't understand your post

This is all info I gathered from facebook pages...
Samantha was at her friends house monday evening, some believe it was the friend/ friends girlfriend who had something to do with it.
Here is a bit of info I got from facebook posts from peopke who knew the victim.
-Samantha was at her friends house for drinks.
-apparently the friend wasn't as good as a friend as she made it seem(whatever that means).
-the friends girlfriend was on gone camping that night.
-the friends girlfriend returned home to be with her her gf(samantha's friend) when samantha was reported missing.
-the friends girlfriend's facebook page has a lot of crime & murder games on her fb wall.
-I was also told that the girlfriends friend had a fb post saying can I get away with it... or something like that. When I checked it wasn't there. Maybe it got deleted or was false info.

Hello,
I’m new to websleuth and I just pass by to give my opinion.
First of all, I’m franco so please be kind about my English. ;)
Like I said before, I’m franco and sometimes I use * yup* in text message. Don’t know why but if I read all the comments I’m coming to the conclusion that every kind of person can use this word in text message. ( franco , anglo , old , young)
More than that, if I want to be sure to not be recognize I can use some words that I never use before…
Second,
I found kind of strange that SH boyfriend didn’t talk about the disappearance before noon but I need to find answers about some question before judging him.
1. We know that the official disappearance wasn’t reported before noon but we don’t know if he has alerted the family before that.

2. In your opinion, how long it takes to dismember someone and to get round-trip to Montérégie?

3. Let’s admit that the couple had problems. It’s strange that the boyfriend did this and now left with 2 young children in their arms? He may not have food support to pay to her but he must take care of them…. It would be interesting to know if he has recently contracted a major life insurance on SH… what is very likely since they got engaged recently..

:welcome6:

your English is really good!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/suspect-in-samantha-higgins-dismemberment-in-quebec-set-to-be-charged-today-1.3150765

A 22-year-old man accused in connection with the slaying and dismemberment of Samantha Higgins, a young mother of two from the Montreal borough of LaSalle, is expected to be formally charged today, according to provincial police.

After he was arrested, he was questioned and for now, he is still with the investigator," said police spokeswoman Mélanie Dumaresq.

If the fiance did it , I think it will be a jealousy issue , either something she did that night , or something he perceived she did.

Some men are extremely jealous and controlling , the littlest thing can trigger them and blind rage takes over , jealousy is a product of insecurity and can be deep rooted in the psyche.

I agree. She didn't have social media. Never went out. Lived with her mom during her pregnancy. Something is off.

The reporter names him and says police were there on Friday and returned last night to his home.

http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/judiciaire/archives/2015/07/20150714-073818.html

Thank you for the article.

So the police have been very fast with this: first search warrant Friday (when objects were removed), and again Monday.

I'm Afraid I *was* side-eying the fiancé; that 1.10 am call and what was allegedly said during started to stick out in the (imperfect) timeline we had going...

I'm so very sorry for Samantha's family and friends :(.

Insecure , possessive , controlling , jealous men are sometimes "wife beaters" (physical abuse) , or at the very least they are "wife beraters" (mental abuse) .... but that is only half the equation.

After the outburst they are often genuinely remorseful ... they try very hard to make up for it afterwards , and sadly that is what tricks their partner into staying in the relationship ... but there will be more outbursts and the cycle begins

Outbursts that lead to death are the most tragic.

but the lawyer may (probably will) advise you to not answer questions

ETA: also, the lawyer can be present if all parties agree - it's not illegal but the detainee does not have a constitutional right to it

All lawyers will tell the client to remain silent, but the police can talk as long as they want. It's almost unheard of that a guilty party will not speak up at some point - if only to claim be a good person.

I can't believe SQ still haven't named him a suspect. WTH are they waiting for?:gaah:

Someone pointed out that only french media said she was dismembered, and that she was not dismembered and bashing french speaking media. Could that be possible? that her body was not dismembered?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back