Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LE is probably waiting until he is officially charged.

yeah, here in Quebec, the police waits official accusations, because if the judge refuse accusations and SQ already named him, they can be sued for "diffamation" "or Atteinte a la reputation" as we say in french

Someone pointed out that only french media said she was dismembered, and that she was not dismembered and bashing french speaking media. Could that be possible? that her body was not dismembered?

One of the farmers who live near where the body was found reported that the legs were missing.

Kenny Thompson, who owns a dairy farm, lives near where Higgins’s body was discovered.

“I finished work, I’d seen the ambulance, lights flashing and a couple of vehicles up there, so I went up to see what was going on,” Thompson said.

When he was close enough to see the body, he saw it was missing legs.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/body-found-near-hinchinbrooke

Media and family is in the courthouse now. Lapresse officially stating it is him. All media likely to officially announced any time now as well as his charges

SH was 5'2". In a photo of her with her fiancé, he only seems to be a few inches taller than her. I honestly don't see how he could manage it all by himself. The actual murder, yes, but disposing of her body, I'm skeptical that he acted alone if in fact he is the person that was arrested. If his parents lived downstairs there would have had to be some noise. That would be of course if the crime was committed in the home. At the same time I believe it's possible for someone filled with rage and pumped with adrenalin can have increased strength. I guess I just don't want to believe it was the fiancé even though some reports have named him.
JMO

First degree murder and charge of desecration (?) to a body against fiance

Lapresse.ca has the photo, his name and charges. Can't link from phone.

1033954-nicholas-fontanelli-arrivee-palais-justice.png

Nicholas Fontanelli à son arrivée au palais de justice.
PHOTO OLIVIER PONTBRIAND, LA PRESSE

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/201507/14/01-4885450-samantha-higgins-le-fiance-accuse-de-meurtre-au-premier-degre-et-doutrage-a-un-cadavre.php

First degree murder and indignity to a body charges.

Poor translation but I think it says he was suspected early on because he did not cooperate with police.

Poor translation but I think it says he was suspected early on because he did not cooperate with police.

"Man, 22, arrested yesterday for the murder of Samantha Higgins, is expected to appear this afternoon at the courthouse in Montreal. His lack of cooperation with investigators and his absence at the candlelight vigil Friday were the prime suspect of the crime.

The dismembered body of Samantha Higgins was found Thursday near a stream, in Hinchinbrooke, Montérégie. "

http://translate.google.ca/translat...-doit-compara%C3%AEtre/ar-AAcXQCS&prev=search

That's what I'm understanding too. It was reported that he did not go to the candlelight vigil but that is understandable. It must have been other things. JMO

That's what I'm understanding too. It was reported that he did not go to the candlelight vigil but that is understandable. It must have been other things. JMO

I'm thinking that whatever was found & removed from his/their home during the execution of a search warrant there last Friday may have been significant ...

In the earlier days of investigation, Samantha's mother said that her daughter would fight back if she was attacked, perp probably had wounds, scratches, bruises, ect.imo.

Also, one would hope and expect, that perp. had vomited all over the place, during and after dismemberment, imo.

I'm thinking that whatever was found & removed from his/their home during the execution of a search warrant there last Friday may have been significant ...

Sam's shoes?! The ones she wore to the party.

First degree murder means premeditation usually. Surprised by this. Waiting for more details to come out soon.

How far is Howick from Hinchinbrooke? Found it: 30 mins at the halfway point between Lasalle and Hinchinbrooke. I wonder if he disclosed to LE where he disposed of other parts.

How could he do this to the woman he knew and grew up with for 7 years and gave birth to his baby only three months ago?!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back