Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NF has been charged with first degree murder which is premeditation. Planned and deliberate. HTH and MOO. Sickening.

Nicholas Fontanelli, 22, is accused of first-degree murder in the death and dismemberment of Samantha Higgins, his girlfriend of seven years. He is also charged with committing an indignity to a dead body.

Court appearance. Video.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...ase-to-appear-in-court-in-montreal-on-tuesday

Interview with Nick Fontanelli:

[video=youtube;G2DVRwCz3ks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2DVRwCz3ks[/video]
I watched the interview. All I could say was Wow!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...ancé-charged-with-1st-degree-murder-1.3150765

"Higgins's mother Vanessa and stepfather Daniel Jones were in court today along with several other family members as Fontanelli was charged with murder and committing an indignity to a body.

He said nothing during the brief court appearance.

In 2013, Fontanelli pleaded guilty to conspiracy, theft, assault, possession of a firearm and use of firearm or imitation firearm. No further details of that incident, which took place in 2010, were immediately available.

He has not yet entered a plea in connection with the new charges.

Fontanelli is scheduled to be back in court on Aug. 17."

He's either a good actor or scared *****less. MOO. "We're searching, we're searching, we're finding...we'll find her."

MOO.

beyond the hearing & associated speech issue, does anyone observe something else going on neurologically with this guy?

Thank you all for the updates! Been in meetings all day ! You are all amazing !

Many of us who have followed these cases for years are not surprised but yet it never gets easier to accept or understand.

Praying for justice! Sam, you did not deserve this. RIP

May the perp never see the light of day again! It takes one Sick to do this! I'm disgusted.

beyond the hearing & associated speech issue, does anyone observe something else going on neurologically with this guy?

Her mom mentioned in an interview that he had "just graduated". Not sure if that was from CEGEP or University or what. The high school that they went to has a Work Oriented Training Program for students who struggle academically.
I would say that this guy is not super intelligent and would have left a lot of evidence behind from the get go, even if he thought he was being careful. I'm not surprised that they made the arrest so quickly, but I am surprised that evidence of a crime wasn't discovered before the body was.
Samantha was a high school graduate but did not pursue post-secondary education. The article also mentioned that they took turns staying home with the children.
Also, it's not uncommon for a family to own a duplex, like the one SH and NF lived in, and to have different generations living on the different floors. Very common in the Italian community in Montreal.

When I first saw the interview I immediately noticed something was off. I'm not an expert so I can only speculate. Aspergers or autism?

Or Drugs?

Do we know why he chose those areas to dispose of the body? What was his connection to Hinchinbrooke and Howick?

Weren't his parents there? Not sure anymore...
Man this is sad.
Just no words.

Interesting and weird statement from reporter near the end of this video. Reporter said SH's mother didn't know much about the accused?? How could you not know someone who has been with your daughter for seven years and is the father to your grandbabies? Do they live in the same town? Reporter error? :waitasec:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...ancé-charged-with-1st-degree-murder-1.3150765
I read a report where VH said she was aware of an arrest but didn't know too much about the accused. At first I was confused but then I wondered if LE had told her about the arrest but couldn't tell her his name until it had been officially released. That's all I can think of.
In NF's interview I thought he looked scared, but never gave himself away by referring to SH in the past.
On a personal note, it makes my skin crawl to think of NF comforting and being comforted by family members. I still wonder if he had help moving her body.

Do we know why he chose those areas to dispose of the body? What was his connection to Hinchinbrooke and Howick?

Not confirmed but someone told me his parents have or had a country house near Hinchinbrooke.

Based on their HS profile, I would guess that he had just graduated from a vocational training program through the adult ed sector of one of the public school boards. I know there are many programs offered at the former Lasalle Protestant High School now run by the LBPSB that would be close to home. There is a J. Fontanelli listed at an address adjacent to the unit being searched by police yesterday, as pictured in some of the recent footage. I had the same thought about the multi-generational set up as I knew several people of Italian origin who grew up in Lasalle/Ville-Emard with their grandparents living upstairs or downstairs. Is it possible that either or both of NF's parents (innocently) watched the kids while he was en route to Howick/Hinchinbrooke?

Based on their HS profile, I would guess that he had just graduated from a vocational training program through the adult ed sector of one of the public school boards. I know there are many programs offered at the former Lasalle Protestant High School now run by the LBPSB that would be close to home. There is a J. Fontanelli listed at an address adjacent to the unit being searched by police yesterday, as pictured in some of the recent footage. I had the same thought about the multi-generational set up as I knew several people of Italian origin who grew up in Lasalle/Ville-Emard with their grandparents living upstairs or downstairs. Is it possible that either or both of NF's parents (innocently) watched the kids while he was en route to Howick/Hinchinbrooke?
That would be my guess

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back