Canada - Sentry killed in War Memorial shooting, Ottawa, 22 Oct 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now I'm totally confused. Shep Smith reporting that authorities are almost certain this was a lone wolf attack. He describes how the guy drove up in a car with no license plate, yet I heard a construction worker interviewed who said he saw a man carjack a vehicle,from someone driving by. Surely a random car driving by had a license plate?
I know in the early stages things get confusing,but it would be nice to know if they think there are more out there .

Canadian Soldier Cpl Nathan Cirillo

Rest in Peace :rose:

nathan31022.jpg

R.I.P. Cpl. Nathan Cirillo

:rose:

I have also heard conflicting reports. When the news first broke an eyewitness stated that it was a Caucasian male with long hair. Then reports started coming out about a darker skinned male wearing an 'Arabic Scarf' (not my words) over his head. I've also heard of someone wearing a hoodie? Also that 2 more suspects fled, one in a car and another on a motorcycle? There must be 3 assailants.

I smell a conspiracy theory.
*puts on tinfoil hat*

https://twitter.com/torontostar/status/524965165759221760

TorontoStarVerified account ‏@TorontoStar

#BREAKING Minister of Employment Jason Kenney confirms the soldier shot in Ottawa is dead http://on.thestar.com/1nz5osN

edit: it appears some news stations are issueing retractions, so it may be false. i really hope hes okay..

Oh my...

RIP, soldier...:candle:

My heart and prayers are with my Canandian neighbors during this senseless terrorist violence...

:praying:

Well whoever this constable guy was,he clearly said,"three suspects". My impression was that they were all 3 at the War Memorial and one went to the Parliament and the others fled.

So in reality, we just are dealing with some ungrateful person who had Canadian citizenship yet made a VOLUNTARY choice to kill at will?

I'm starting to rethink my choice of a 72 year old Pakistani doctor. Don't want to go too far off topic, but this man was born in Pakistan, raised in Pakistan. Got his M.D. in Pakistan, interned and did his residency in Pakistan before immigrating to the U.S. where he saw $$ in his eyes.

I grew up less than 30 miles from the largest Middle Eastern population in the U.S. and have never had any fear (not even after 9/11) until just a few months ago.

It's not going to get any better at this point.

RIP Nathan. As an Ontario Canada resident I'm shocked, sickened and heartbroken by this. And angry!

Just found this on CNN website . They have a blogger from Canada, Dana Ford. This was posted within this hour.

Police: More than one suspect

There was more than one person involved in the shootings in Ottawa, Canada, Ottawa Police Constable Chuck Benoit told CNN's Jake Tapper. "We have to apprehend and arrest the people that are involved in this morning's incident, and at this time we don't have these people," he said.

So in reality, we just are dealing with some ungrateful person who had Canadian citizenship yet made a VOLUNTARY choice to kill at will?

I'm starting to rethink my choice of a 72 year old Pakistani doctor. Don't want to go too far off topic, but this man was born in Pakistan, raised in Pakistan. Got his M.D. in Pakistan, interned and did his residency in Pakistan before immigrating to the U.S. where he saw $$ in his eyes.

I grew up less than 30 miles from the largest Middle Eastern population in the U.S. and have never had any fear (not even after 9/11) until just a few months ago.

Isn't it sad that there are decent people who truly do want a fresh start and sincerely make a new life and all it takes is a few to wreck a perception.

That's a non scientific statement on my part -

Have met and known decent hardworking immigrants who become North Americanized gladly and who are probably cringing with this latest development.

I hope your good memories of good people will keep you going ..... I am hoping same for myself right now.

No. I'm just speculating based on the last name of the shooter. Frankly, this shooting in Ottawa scares me.

I once thought that only the U.S. was being targeted for retribution, but now that our northern neighbors have been targeted for death (and successfully so today), this is just the beginning of more attacks on the U.S. and Canada, both.

Not meaning to sound like a fear-mongerer, but how long before our other U.S. allies are targeted by radical death squads?

BBM: Australia already has been, DeeDeah. Right around the time we got ready to help the US in air strikes in Iraq. And we have been on high terror alert since then.

19 Sep 2014
The raids foiled a plot involving a man believed to be Australia's most senior Islamic State member who called contacts in Australia and asked them to carry out a campaign of random public beheadings in Sydney and Brisbane, the ABC understands.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-...ading-plot-in-australias-biggest-raid/5754276

RIP Cpl Nathan Cirillo :rose:

I wouldn't attribute the same evil intentions to your doctor as those murderous, militant, unemployed losers. :/

Just an FYI if you wish to follow the official sources on Twitter.

This is the twitter account for the RCMP National Division that is in charge of the incident on Parliament Hill itself:

https://twitter.com/RCMP_Nat_Div

This is the twitter account for the Ottawa Police force that is in charge of the incident outside of Parliament Hill:

https://twitter.com/OttawaPolice

Per CNN shooter was convert to Islam

Isn't it sad that there are decent people who truly do want a fresh start and sincerely make a new life and all it takes is a few to wreck a perception.

That's a non scientific statement on my part -

Have met and known decent hardworking immigrants who become North Americanized gladly and who are probably cringing with this latest development.

I hope your good memories of good people will keep you going ..... I am hoping same for myself right now.

Thanks, newone!

I hope the same. I just get discouraged when I keep reading about these radical Muslims murdering people as happened in Ottowa today.

This is just so HORRIFYING that it took my breath away when I first heard about it after getting home from yet ANOTHER doctor appointment early afternoon.

Again, my heart is heavy and I'm stunned at this latest development.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back