Canada - Sentry killed in War Memorial shooting, Ottawa, 22 Oct 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Safety perimeter as tweeted by Ottawa Police 49 mins ago:

https://twitter.com/OttawaPolice/status/525031478686908417

Safety perimeter: Lyon to Elgin St, Albert to Wellington St, and East of Canal Rideau. Mackenzie Ave is also closed.

It is my understanding that the Parliament building itself is still under lockdown and being searched room by room (no link .. heard on tv)

I am from Ottawa and I have such profound sadness about the attack today on Parliament Hill and the soldier from Hamilton who was shot and killed while guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. This is such a sacred place to us such as I believe Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia is to Americans. If the Sargent at Arms outside the meeting inside the Parliament Buildings had not shot the attacker, who knows how many M.P.s and staff would have been killed. My prayers go out to the victim and families today. So sad.

Just heard on tv, CTV News, that the guy who took the amazing video said that if the gunman has turned to the left, he was about 10 metres from Prime Minister Harper who was giving a speech.

"(FM) Ms Bishop sent a text message to her Canadian counterpart John Baird at 4am. He told her he was 50 feet (15 metres) away when the gunmen was shot in the Hall of Honour, where Prime Minister Tony Abbott recently met Mr Harper.

"The body was lying just outside the door where [Mr Baird] was," Ms Bishop said. "He is safe but clearly very shaken by what is a shocking incident. This is grim news indeed.

Australia's embassy in Canada was locked down during the shooting. Staff were later told they could leave on foot to return home.

There are also reports the Australian Federal Police have escalated security arrangements outside the Canadian High Commission in Canberra."

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...llowing-canada-shootings-20141023-11a8q9.html

I wouldn't attribute the same evil intentions to your doctor as those murderous, militant, unemployed losers. :/

I keep hoping he has my best interests front and foremost, but dang!

I have serious health problems and yet he blames my cats and me being a volunteer at a local no-kill shelter, AND rescuing feral cats as the MAJORITY of my health problems.

Not true at all. I've lived in several states here in the U.S over the last 15 years and have had several doctors.

Only the 72 year old Pakistani doctor has worked HARD at trying to tell me that my cats and my volunteer work at a local no-kill shelter has endangered my health.

But that's not really the point here. My point is that I've been around Muslims all my life, and have never feared them (not even after 9/11) until just a few months ago.

Harper was criticized yesterday for suggesting the murder ((by hit and run)) of a soldier in Quebec was terror related.

link to thread started by Snoopster yesterday

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rs-in-Quebec-driver-was-quot-radicalized-quot

from that thread:

''The suggestion the incident was an act of terrorism was first raised in the House of Commons by Prime Minister Stephen Harper, who said he was aware of the “extremely troubling” reports and that authorities were investigating.''

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/1...as-known-to-counter-terrorism-officials-rcmp/

I am from Ottawa and I have such profound sadness about the attack today on Parliament Hill and the soldier from Hamilton who was shot and killed while guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. This is such a sacred place to us such as I believe Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia is to Americans. If the Sargent at Arms outside the meeting inside the Parliament Buildings had not shot the attacker, who knows how many M.P.s and staff would have been killed. My prayers go out to the victim and families today. So sad.

Sending hugs from a fellow Ontarian. Yes this could have been so much worse. It's bad enough but I am thankful it was not a mass killing. This time.

I keep hoping he has my best interests front and foremost, but dang!

I have serious health problems and yet he blames my cats and me being a volunteer at a local no-kill shelter, AND rescuing feral cats as the MAJORITY of my health problems.

Not true at all. I've lived in several states here in the U.S over the last 15 years and have had several doctors.

Only the 72 year old Pakistani doctor has worked HARD at trying to tell me that my cats and my volunteer work at a local no-kill shelter has endangered my health.

But that's not really the point here. My point is that I've been around Muslims all my life, and have never feared them (not even after 9/11) until just a few months ago.

There is no reason to fear peace-loving Muslims ... it is the jihadists, the extremists we need to fear.

I feel so sad for all of the victims worldwide who have been murdered by terrorists. My prayers and thoughts go out to all..

There is a address from Harper on All Canadian channels @4:30 mountain time.
Truly sad Rest In Peace. Hope they get the gunman involved.

@CKNW
Suspect in the #Ottawashooting did jail time in #Vancouver.

Vancouver Police ‏@VancouverPD · 12m12 minutes ago
We are working with the @bcrcmp to assist @OttawaPolice & RCMP National Security investigation

@stefankeyesCTV · 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: All three patients discharged from hospital #ottnews #OttawaShooting

I feel so sad for all of the victims worldwide who have been murdered by terrorists. My prayers and thoughts go out to all..

And now we know that SOME terrorists here in the U.S and Canada are right in our midst. And they have NO intention of stopping unless they are gunned down.

How is silly billy!? Hi silly billy

Interesting MSNBC: A senators wife drove him to work. On way home she saw car, top on the throughway, get out go to his backseat, pull out blankets and walk to the monument. and then descrbied like seeing spark from gun.

I kind of think they KNOW there is more planned. By that I mean as we all have learned they always know alot more than what they reveal - "increased chatter" . The running over and taday, maybe intleigence indicated something like 5 attacks.

Also senators wife said she did not see others in car.

Also apparently he car jacked a car to get to the Parliment building.

I miss my Mama so much!

She died last June (2013) and I have no living family left. Prior to my Mama's death I could talk to her about my fears and despite her own health problems, she always soothed my own fears.

Even when Casey Anthony got acquitted my Mama called me to ask if I was "alright" after the verdict.

I guess my point in all of this is that everyone needs someone to talk to in really scary situations.

I no longer have that except for resorting to places like this. And in cases like people being gunned down and killed even places like this aren't really very assuring.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-125312-4-.htm

"Terrorist group ISIS posted this photo on Twitter saying it was the shooter. CBC and Global are saying they have confirmed the shooter is the man in the picture.

The CBC and Global news are confirming that the man in this photo, originally posted by terrorist group ISIS on Twitter, is the shooter in Ottawa."

"The gunman killed inside Parliament is said to be Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, a Canadian citizen said to have been born in 1982"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back