Canada - Sentry killed in War Memorial shooting, Ottawa, 22 Oct 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I miss my Mama so much!

She died last June (2013) and I have no living family left. Prior to my Mama's death I could talk to her about my fears and despite her own health problems, she always soothed my own fears.

Even when Casey Anthony got acquitted my Mama called me to ask if I was "alright" after the verdict.

I guess my point in all of this is that everyone needs someone to talk to in really scary situations.

I no longer have that except for resorting to places like this. And in cases like people being gunned down and killed even places like this aren't really very assuring.

So very sorry you lost your Mom. It's tough. I know. There is a great group of caring and supportive folk here. Sending you a big cyber hug.

RE ready to help the US in air strikes in Iraq.

Respectfully to all! It is important to keep in mind that ISIS is not anti american solely. The are anti decmocracy. As today indicates they will attack democracy. I certainly understand the reality that we are the world bully - cause we are. On the other side, in other instances we get stuck wiht the bill while the rest of the world does nothing! That is changing, and IMO should.

However as it rleates to ISIS and Ebola - these are worldwide threats, and all govts and all peoples need to particpate in addressing. In reality in terms of proximity there are many western nations that are a lot closer to ISIS, ISIS hase killed an american britain (not sure the last one).

ISIS is coming. They are not being sneaky -- they have clearly annonced thier want and intent to harm citizens who live in a democratic society - not only America -every country needs to come to the table, and allocate money and resources to address the threats, IMO

It is not helping america, it is keeping everyne safe all over the worlthis is global terrorism it behooves every nation to particpate cause all demovratic citizens are in danger as today shows. This seems like it is related to particpating in Iraq by Canada - this guy (and the ealrier one this week) were for a long time before Iraq and ISIS became a woeld issue - they were radicalized

This has been brewing many many monthss beofre ISIS had to be more directly addresses

BBM: Australia already has been, DeeDeah. Right around the time we got ready to help the US in air strikes in Iraq. And we have been on high terror alert since then.

RIP Cpl Nathan Cirillo :rose:

I guess the address is on at 5.mountain time. Lots of anxious people waiting. ♡

I noticed something eerily ironic in the story (from your link)

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/parliament-shooting/article21217602/?service=mobile

"The soldier that was killed was identified as Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, according to his aunt. Cpl. Cirillo, who was a member of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, a regiment of Reserve Forces based in Hamilton, was training to join the Canada Border Services Agency,"

catching bad guys at entry points -- so sorry he didn't get to live out that goal

"Authorities haven't ruled out the possibility that an additional shooter could be on the loose. And Ottawa Police Constable Chuck Benoit told CNN that there was more than one person involved in the shootings.

"We have to apprehend and arrest the people that are involved in this morning's incident," he said, "and at this time we don't have these people."
Police say "one male suspect" is dead.

Canadian authorities have given the name of a suspect to U.S. law enforcement and have asked for FBI assistance in tracing the person's activities, a senior U.S. law enforcement official told CNN. Only one name has been provided, and it is not clear whether the name is genuine or an alias, the official said. The official declined to provide more details, including the suspect's nationality, ethnicity and age."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/22/world/americas/canada-ottawa-shooting/

"According to British Columbia Court records, a “Michael Joseph Paul Zehaf Bibeau” committed robbery in Vancouver on December 16, 2011, and also racked up a lesser charge of uttering threats.

As of Tuesday evening, Vancouver Police were working with Ottawa law enforcement to pass on information about the suspect’s time in B.C.

“The Vancouver Police Department, along with the BC RCMP, are working together to assist an Ottawa City Police and RCMP National Security investigation,” wrote Vancouver Police spokesman Randy Fincham late Wednesday afternoon. “Due to the ongoing investigation, there is little information we can share at this time,” he added."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/1...ec-was-repeatedly-brought-in-on-drug-charges/

"According to British Columbia Court records, a “Michael Joseph Paul Zehaf Bibeau” committed robbery in Vancouver on December 16, 2011, and also racked up a lesser charge of uttering threats.

As of Tuesday evening, Vancouver Police were working with Ottawa law enforcement to pass on information about the suspect’s time in B.C.

“The Vancouver Police Department, along with the BC RCMP, are working together to assist an Ottawa City Police and RCMP National Security investigation,” wrote Vancouver Police spokesman Randy Fincham late Wednesday afternoon. “Due to the ongoing investigation, there is little information we can share at this time,” he added."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/1...ec-was-repeatedly-brought-in-on-drug-charges/

your link:

"There is now some official confirmation that he is the suspect who was killed in the parliament buildings. He also has a criminal history for drug trafficking in Montreal.

Vancouver Police wouldn’t release details of the Dec. 2011 investigation that led to the charge here because of the on-going investigation in Ottawa.'' and

more evidence of drug use;

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/22/world/americas/canada-ottawa-shooting/

"Canadian broadcaster CBC reported that Bibeau has a record of drug arrests going back 10 years."

If you take a look at photos of dead perp from hit & run murder of soldier in Quebec.....he looks like a 'party boy' - can't help but wonder if these two knew each other in some way.

Good find silly:

ISIS urges jihadists to attack Canadians: ‘You will not feel secure in your bedrooms’

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...e-in-your-bedrooms/+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

It is apparent that ISIS is not learning ---trying to scare countries off has resulted in increased particpation aganist them. After they behaded US citizens we ramped up. After they chooped a Britain off Britian increased Britain got more involved aganist ISIS.And after today Cnaidian citizens are going to want to deal with ISIS - I do not know , outside of AMerica and Britain, have followed ISIS - but they are very very evil gang.

Wow. A lot of witnesses they were told to leave. I think i would run to the hills hearing gunshots.
Good man that soldier. Now to figure out if one gunman or more.

Anyone interested you can watch news coverage live on ctv.com Harper to address at some point.

It is not helping america, it is keeping everyne safe all over the worlthis is global terrorism it behooves every nation to particpate cause all demovratic citizens are in danger as today shows. This seems like it is related to particpating in Iraq by Canada - this guy (and the ealrier one this week) were for a long time before Iraq and ISIS became a woeld issue - they were radicalized

Hi CARIIS :seeya: Sorry, I should have said join the US in air strikes, not help the US in air strikes. ISIL (as we call them) are determined to wreak havoc on the free and democratic world. We are very alert to the threats and dangers here, having experienced them as well, and last month we introduced new tougher terrorist laws to try to address and prevent those dangers as best we can.

http://www.ag.gov.au/NationalSecuri...cuments/Australias counter terrorism laws.pdf

Good find silly:

ISIS urges jihadists to attack Canadians: ‘You will not feel secure in your bedrooms’

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...e-in-your-bedrooms/+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

It is apparent that ISIS is not learning ---trying to scare countries off has resulted in increased particpation aganist them. After they behaded US citizens we ramped up. After they chooped a Britain off Britian increased Britain got more involved aganist ISIS.And after today Cnaidian citizens are going to want to deal with ISIS - I do not know , outside of AMerica and Britain, have followed ISIS - but they are very very evil gang.

also from the same article, I am glad that mainstream Islamist made the following statement:

''“ISIS is NOT Muslim,” reads a statement from the Islamic Supreme Council of Canada and the Muslims Against Terrorism. “They are the imposters who have killed thousands of Muslims in Syria and Iraq.”

The National Council of Canadian Muslims called the invitation to attack Canadians “un-Islamic and deeply repulsive,” and stressed that Muslims have an Islamic obligation to report any plan to cause “hurt or harm.”

The nutters ((ISIS)) are repulsive....and decent people worldwide want an end to the bullying. I can't quote more without going over the allotted 10%.

glad you provided that source - thanks

Dear DeeDeah

My Mom passed away last month and she was always the first I phoned when anything happened like this or anything at all. Just like you I always felt reassured even when we didn't have the answers. I understand exactly what you mean. When 9/11 happened I stayed at her house for a few days right after and we cried and prayed with the American citizens who I have no idea how they got through it. I have found that there are like-minded people on this site who feel the same way we do. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who feels like you do. Take good care.

As I get caught up form my fellow sluthers I am becoming more convinced that they know there are more who are wanting to hurt canidian citizens today - that is why they are still in lockdown -- it seems like there are two many reprots about more than one:

All of a sudden I just heard a shot, turned around and there was a guy with a rifle … and just pow pow,” bystander Reevo Namic told CBC News. “Then I saw one of the other armed forces guys just running. He barrelled over, just ran right over. The other guy just dropped. I looked back, just dived underneath and called immediately 911.”

and nightime is here ugh although i guess if you think about it daytime did not help but you know what i mean

and......in a really scary this (indivudula shooters ) are far harder scarier and harder to stop

I miss my Mama so much!

She died last June (2013) and I have no living family left. Prior to my Mama's death I could talk to her about my fears and despite her own health problems, she always soothed my own fears.

Even when Casey Anthony got acquitted my Mama called me to ask if I was "alright" after the verdict.

I guess my point in all of this is that everyone needs someone to talk to in really scary situations.

I no longer have that except for resorting to places like this. And in cases like people being gunned down and killed even places like this aren't really very assuring.

:grouphug:

Timing is still a bit confusing (IMO possibly for security reasons) ... CTV's Dan Mather saying just now that PM Stephen Harper will address the nation within a half hour

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back