CANADA Canada - Serial animal killer on the loose in London Ontario? - Dec. 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks to Professor Mike Arntfield for his expertise and thanks to Snoopster for bringing that information here!

Professor Mike Arntfield was kind enough to share some of his thoughts with me and is comfortable with me passing them along here.

Regarding his profile of the perpetrator:
He said that the offender, based on the forensic literature, is likely a teenaged or early adult (but socially and sexually impeded) male still experimenting with preparatory paraphilias and discovering a disordered and sadistic sexual identity. He likely lives in a rural area (based on the early crimes that are usually the most revelatory of the offender's routine and lifestyle, in this case exotic animals being trapped) and has someone in his family who is an experienced hunter who has taught him some basics.

He does not believe the offender has a specific connection to Western.

He is confident that all the cases identified in the recent news articles are connected, other than the goose the Humane Society has now excluded following a detailed and professional necropsy. He believes there are likely to be other false positives as the matter gains increased attention though.

He said that LPS has not been super keen to recognize the case for what it is, although they have now assigned an investigator to the case. Dr. Arntfield believes that the general consensus in the LPS is that the cases aren't all related.

I wonder if jurisdictional 'issues' come into play here as well, as the initial rural incidents would fall under the auspices of the OPP.

He does not believe the group of 3 dogs shot near Exeter are related to this case as there was no sign of a desire to mutilate.

He also said that some of the incidents, like the bunny, were downplayed at the time, so as not to give undo attention to the offender.

I have no doubt we will be hearing more from Mike Arntfield in the media on this topic! This case concerns him. I've noticed that, between this case and other previous cases, he's not afraid to put some media pressure on LE if he thinks they're not doing enough. (And this even though he used to work for the LPS.)

I really appreciate Dr. Arntfield taking the time to share his views and insights with us.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Professor Mike Arntfield was kind enough to share some of his thoughts with me and is comfortable with me passing them along here.

Regarding his profile of the perpetrator:
He said that the offender, based on the forensic literature, is likely a teenaged or early adult (but socially and sexually impeded) male still experimenting with preparatory paraphilias and discovering a disordered and sadistic sexual identity. He likely lives in a rural area (based on the early crimes that are usually the most revelatory of the offender's routine and lifestyle, in this case exotic animals being trapped) and has someone in his family who is an experienced hunter who has taught him some basics.

He does not believe the offender has a specific connection to Western.

He is confident that all the cases identified in the recent news articles are connected, other than the goose the Humane Society has now excluded following a detailed and professional necropsy. He believes there are likely to be other false positives as the matter gains increased attention though.

He said that LPS has not been super keen to recognize the case for what it is, although they have now assigned an investigator to the case. Dr. Arntfield believes that the general consensus in the LPS is that the cases aren't all related.

I wonder if jurisdictional 'issues' come into play here as well, as the initial rural incidents would fall under the auspices of the OPP.

He does not believe the group of 3 dogs shot near Exeter are related to this case as there was no sign of a desire to mutilate.

He also said that some of the incidents, like the bunny, were downplayed at the time, so as not to give undo attention to the offender.

I have no doubt we will be hearing more from Mike Arntfield in the media on this topic! This case concerns him. I've noticed that, between this case and other previous cases, he's not afraid to put some media pressure on LE if he thinks they're not doing enough. (And this even though he used to work for the LPS.)

I really appreciate Dr. Arntfield taking the time to share his views and insights with us.

I am curious also if he would be someone who would have pets of his own, or would he not be capable of having an attachment to animals? Also, what would be the odds he would be into violent video games - as a first step toward this behavior? Sorry, more questions than answers from me...

Yes, welcome Nads. What brought you here? (If you don't mind me asking. If you do, well I certainly won't feel slighted if you don't reply.)

:Welcome1:

I've been a lurker ever since Victoria Stafford, but haven't commented. I read posts in all threads though. Ty for the welcomes !

I wonder if this person may have posted videos of the crimes? We know that Luka Magnotta did and was inciting the animal activists who wanted to locate him.

Further to what has been discussed here, please list any and all sources that one might acquire that number of snakes in the London area.

I am not familiar with them at all. Please help by brainstorming with me.

Has a plea been made to all Vets, Pet Stores etc. regarding any strange client interactions with respect to snake purchases in the last year?

Public pleas?

I wonder if this person may have posted videos of the crimes? We know that Luka Magnotta did and was inciting the animal activists who wanted to locate him.
Very good thought.

This freak is getting off on the publicity, who's to say it is limited to watching people find his victims?

With respect to the perp and UWO.

I just wanted to point out, that while a highly educated perp does not fit the "profile", I definitely believe he dumped those coyotes on campus behind Deli, as a way to incite a reaction specifically from UWO students.

He might not attend UWO or have a specific vendetta against a particular student at UWO - but there is a reason why he put them THERE.

What is the REASON for the other dump locations? I do not believe they were random.

JMO

One of North America's largest reptile expo is held in October.

Many vendor's to explore from this list.

I agree with whoever posted above. Follow the snakes. Wtf by the way? Those things are ridiculously expensive.

The snake dump was a very sinister and large act all by itself. It didn't hit me until now. IF the wire coils are related - another wtf? Dealing with a seriously deranged person here.

http://www.reptileexpo.ca

Thanks Snoopster, that is very informative.

I kind of thought that the 3 dogs shot in ditch, were just unfortunately owned by a nasty hunter, who was mad and took his anger out on his dogs cause he's a lousy shot and the coon got away. Sad to think that the snakes probably just had a terrible owner that didn't have the compassion to rehome them.

I wonder how many dump sites there may be that were not discovered.

The killer has made it so much more public with the last dump site that it makes me wonder if they actually want to get caught. I grew up south east of London on a farm, if my dad wanted to be skinning coyotes and chopping the heads off, there were lots of places out in the big bush that he could have done so without anyone ever finding out. I really think that whoever is doing this to the animals lives outside of London, the access to wildlife

The last dump scene is only a few blocks from the police station at Dundas and Adelaide, wonder if it means anything, like a taunt catch me if you can.

Someone has to notice that small dog missing, I know I would notice if someone's dog was missing and they didn't mention it, nowadays just about everyone posts it on facebook when their pooch has gone to the rainbow bridge

Well I now know a lot more about pet snakes than I did a day ago. ;)

I didn't know there were so many snake owners. I see a few ads for people providing "rehoming" services for unwanted snakes. This would seem to be a cheap way to get pythons -- certainly much cheaper than buying them from breeders or pet stores. 11 pythons would likely set you back at least $1,000 buying from traditional, formal sources, presuming you weren't to picky about the particular look of the snake (or what "morph" it is, in snake world talk!). I'm guessing that the perpetrator came across an "opportunity" to get a group of snakes.

The fact the they weren't in great shape, would likely mean that he got them from someone who couldn't or didn't want to look after them anymore and/or the perp didn't know how to take good care of them.

Just some reptilian thoughts of mine. :snake:

With respect to the locations.. I think that this person travels to London for work in some sort of delivery sense or where he has to drive around the city. Otherwise, why bother with London at all if he lives outside the city? I think the drop locations could be as simple as areas that he is familiar with through his work.

If the crimes are sexual, which I think they are, perhaps the coyotes at UWO are some sort of statement about the girls there. Rodger Elliott like, as if to say **** all you *advertiser censored* who won't sleep with me. The Beer Store is in a neighborhood that has a large concentration of sex offenders. Perhaps he has a fellow deviant friend there or drug dealer. The snakes dying of neglect could mean many things. He could have starved them or simply let them get too cold to survive. They were all in a similar state of decomposition, which means they died all at once. This seems purposeful to me and not just the chance of having all your snakes die because you are an idiot. Cold temperatures could be translated as neglect if warm temperatures are a necessity for snakes like food or water, which they are.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

If the crimes are sexual, which I think they are, perhaps the coyotes at UWO are some sort of statement about the girls there. Rodger Elliott like, as if to say **** all you *advertiser censored* who won't sleep with me. The Beer Store is in a neighborhood that has a large concentration of sex offenders. Perhaps he has a fellow deviant friend there or drug dealer. The snakes dying of neglect could mean many things. He could have starved them or simply let them get too cold to survive. They were all in a similar state of decomposition, which means they died all at once. This seems purposeful to me and not just the chance of having all your snakes die because you are an idiot. Cold temperatures could be translated as neglect if warm temperatures are a necessity for snakes like food or water, which they are.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Not only are the girls at UWO, but imagine that the beer store might at times be popular with some of the students there too..
Have there been parties planned that the perp was aware of, but not included in?
Maybe he chose the places where he left his ' handiwork" according to where he best could observe them being found?

Wondering if the snakes had been his own pets, and whatever set off his freak meter included neglecting them resulting in death?
Wonder if he attended any burlesque type stage show where snakes are part of the act?
imo, speculation.

This was an ad on KIJIJi.
Ad ID 1226392725
Date Listed [TABLE="class: ad-attributes"]
[TR]
[TH][/TH]
[TD]23-Dec-16
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Price[/TH]
[TD] Please Contact
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Address[/TH]
[TD]London, ON N6K
View map [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: divider"]
[TD="colspan: 2"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Please all of you who are selling or giving away your pets make sure you know who you are giving your pets too.
Run extensive background checks on each person before you give your animal up.
To those giving them away for free SEARCH FOR LOCAL RESCUES THAT CAN TAKE YPUR PET IN , INSTEAD OF GIVING THEM AWAY ON KIJIJI.

Keep a close eye on the people who message you interested in your pets.

Keep yourself and your pets safe. There have been 17 mutilated animals already in London, ON. The latest was a skinned and beheaded dog. One person or more is committing these heinous crimes. I hope and pray this sick son of a ***** is caught. Please share with the locals.

why bother with London at all

Exactly.

He wants attention. He MAY have specifically chosen his dump sites.

Or maybe he simply chooses locations where he can watch his victims be discovered or he is sure they WILL be discovered.

There must be a message he's trying to get out. He could simply torture these animals and leave them in the rural area where he surely must reside. Maybe he has been torturing his own animals for years. 😕

Arntfield certainly thinks the behavior is escalating. Crossing breeds and moving from wild animals to domestics, is neither here nor there in my mind really. But what the hell do I know?

It may be impossible to apply logic. But hopefully someone who knows or saw something will come forward.

Do you know anyone who had many snakes and now has none?

Who is intensely following the media on this case (besides us sleuths!!)

It's my opinion that direct contact must be made to all known animal agencies in the Greater London and outlying rural areas.

We should do a poster to appeal to the public and get it spreading around facebook. My experience in these cases is a picture speaks 1,000 words.

This is a good (and sad) site:

MOTIVATIONS
In 1985, researchers Stephen Kellert and Alan Felthous extensively studied the animal abuse phenomenon. They discovered several motivations that helped to characterize animal cruelty in adults, many of which are applicable to youth who abuse animals. Some motivations are:

To enhance one's own aggressiveness. To shock people for amusement.

Controlling an animal through inflicting pain as a result of the sense of loss of full control in one's own life. (Physically abused by parents.)

Retaliation against a person by hurting their pet.

To experience sadism (the suffering experienced by the animal).

http://www.cfawr.org/animal-abuse.php

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin