CANADA Canada - Serial animal killer on the loose in London Ontario? - Dec. 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting the escalation from dead coyotes posed to headless coyotes to headless and skinless small dog. Coyotes have always been found in pairs, yet the small dog was alone.

The thing that I notice about the wire is that it is not all coiled the exact same way,

I was thinking about the snakes. Either he purchased them all at once or was collecting them over time. If a one time purchase perhaps a seller would remember someone buying 11 snakes? If collecting them, he would have needed cages, food etc. purchased from somewhere.

Sent from my 5017O using Tapatalk

Have there been any reports of autopsies done? Do they know how long the animals were dead before being placed? Six coyotes in a week suggests to me someone who has time on their hands or a storage locker with a freezer. I can't imagine this is priority for LE and the humane society is just in over their head

I wonder also if they did autopsy on any of the animals in question. I wonder if they can tell how long they were dead before they were found

Have there been any reports of autopsies done? Do they know how long the animals were dead before being placed? Six coyotes in a week suggests to me someone who has time on their hands or a storage locker with a freezer. I can't imagine this is priority for LE and the humane society is just in over their head

London LE does have an officer assigned to the case currently.

I agree about the other agencies being in over their head.

I made a list of all the animals that were found and the approximate dates as it was a bit confusing. Would it be worthwhile to post here?

Okay, here it is. Please offer any corrections/additions.

Sunday March 15, 2015: Two coyotes found at Western University entrance near the river in London.

Monday March 16, 2015: Two headless coyotes found near McGuffin Hills Drive, Parkhill.

Friday March 20, 2015: Two coyotes found in Ailsa Craig near McEwan Drive and New Ontario Road.

Monday Feb 22, 2016: Two skinned, beheaded coyotes found near Clarke Rd. and Trafalgar in London.

Sunday July 24, 2016: skinned cat found in Springbank Park, London.

Friday Sept 16, 2016: 11 dead pythons found in London, location not given.

Friday Dec 16, 2016: skinned, beheaded dog found in parking lot near Adelaide & Lorne Ave, just north of Dufferin, in London.

Also found: a bunny at Western, and mallards in old south. I could not find dates for these.

What I noticed from the list is that he tends to operate near the middle of the month and near the weekend.

True dat.
<snip>
There is no shortage of rabbits in the London area, but I am curious as to why they called the dead animal a "bunny" rather than a "rabbit" in the news articles. Are they implying that it was a pet bunny (one of those cute lop-eared white ones) rather than a wild rabbit?

Also, does anyone know exactly how skinned the rabbit was and exactly where it was found on campus?

I think I found the answer to my own question....

It also looks like the pattern is escalating, she said. First it was wildlife — coyotes and geese — and then domestic animals: a bunny, a cat and now a dog.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/serial-animal-killer-london-1.3909757

Of course this presumes that the LHS person quoted was familiar with the details of the bunny case.

Most of the dates are in the colder weather, I wonder if this person works farm work, it would slow down after harvest, pick back up once spring comes.

Coyotes are seen as a pest by farmers, maybe the other animals are also seen that way.

Bunny vs Rabbit could come from stomach content if there was any to be seen, a pet would have a different diet from a wild

Are coyotes more prevalent in the winter?

Thanks for your list juli. Coincidentally I was working on updating my earlier list so that I could prepare a case map (which I will post shortly). Before I post them, I would like to figure out something that is bothering me.....how many sets of coyotes were found in 2015.

News articles dated late March 2015 mention 3 sets of coyotes found (Parkhill, Western campus and McEwen Road SW of Ailsa Craig). So clearly 3 pairs of coyotes were found within one week in March. I then found another article from April 2015, which stated that a 4th pair of coyotes was found on Good Friday (which was April 3, 2015). This pair was found near McEwen and New Ontario.

So, were there 2 pairs of coyotes found on McEwen? One at unspecified spot along McEwen and the other at the intersection mentioned above?

Here is the article mentioning the 4th pair:

http://www.am980.ca/2015/04/09/fourth-pair-of-dead-coyotes-discovered-in-london-area/

Police have confirmed the discovery of two more dead coyotes in Middlesex Centre, the fourth pair to be found in our region in less than a month.

The latest discovery was made on Good Friday, but only confirmed by Middlesex OPP Wednesday night.

The lifeless coyotes, laying side by side, were found in the area of McEwen Drive and New Ontario Road, southeast of Ailsa Craig.

The other media does not seemed to have picked up on that 4th pair.

Here is my case map, presuming that there were 4 pairs of coyotes found in 2015.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KVUTcThTOqyry6PYR8SQrIMJouc&usp=sharing

I've noted the most strongly linked cases with a star icon (4 orange stars for the 4 pairs of coyotes in 2015; 2 rust stars for the coyotes found in 2016 and the skinned dog found this December)

The blue markers represents the bunny and 2 cat incidents (one mutilated; one shot but survived).

The green markers represent dog incidents (3 shot dead near Exeter; 1 shot/survived near Lucan).

The purple markers represent the snakes and mallards.

Let me know if there are items to correct or more specific location/date information to add.

Thanks for your list juli. Coincidentally I was working on updating my earlier list so that I could prepare a case map (which I will post shortly). Before I post them, I would like to figure out something that is bothering me.....how many sets of coyotes were found in 2015.

News articles dated late March 2015 mention 3 sets of coyotes found (Parkhill, Western campus and McEwen Road SW of Ailsa Craig). So clearly 3 pairs of coyotes were found within one week in March. I then found another article from April 2015, which stated that a 4th pair of coyotes was found on Good Friday (which was April 3, 2015). This pair was found near McEwen and New Ontario.

So, were their 2 pairs of coyotes found on McEwen? One at unspecified spot along McEwen and the other at the intersection mentioned above?

Here is the article mentioning the 4th pair:

http://www.am980.ca/2015/04/09/fourth-pair-of-dead-coyotes-discovered-in-london-area/

The other media does not seemed to have picked up on that 4th pair.

That is mostly why I made the list, I was confused about the coyotes too.

According to this article, there were 3 sets in 2015, then a 4th set in 2016. The last set was found in London, skinned and beheaded. I was shocked when I realized that.

http://www.westerngazette.ca/news/c...cle_733320b6-db24-11e5-967f-63fe8f9318f8.html

Here is my case map, presuming that there were 4 pairs of coyotes found in 2015.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KVUTcThTOqyry6PYR8SQrIMJouc&usp=sharing

I've noted the most strongly linked cases with a star icon (4 orange stars for the 4 pairs of coyotes in 2015; 2 rust stars for the coyotes found in 2016 and the skinned dog found this December)

The blue markers represents the bunny and 2 cat incidents (one mutilated; one shot but survived).

The green markers represent dog incidents (3 shot dead near Exeter; 1 shot/survived near Lucan).

The purple markers represent the snakes and mallards.

Let me know if there are items to correct or more specific location/date information to add.

Awesome job!

Okay, here it is. Please offer any corrections/additions.

Sunday March 15, 2015: Two coyotes found at Western University entrance near the river in London.

Monday March 16, 2015: Two headless coyotes found near McGuffin Hills Drive, Parkhill.

Friday March 20, 2015: Two coyotes found in Ailsa Craig near McEwan Drive and New Ontario Road.

Monday Feb 22, 2016: Two skinned, beheaded coyotes found near Clarke Rd. and Trafalgar in London.

Sunday July 24, 2016: skinned cat found in Springbank Park, London.

Friday Sept 16, 2016: 11 dead pythons found in London, location not given.

Friday Dec 16, 2016: skinned, beheaded dog found in parking lot near Adelaide & Lorne Ave, just north of Dufferin, in London.

Also found: a bunny at Western, and mallards in old south. I could not find dates for these.
Thanks Juli and Snoop for the great work!

One thing that could be added, are the organs being removed from the dog found on the recycling bin.

Although not officially added to LE's released list of connected incidents, could you please add the Orangeville Deer incident and the posed, decapitated rabbit in September as a (speculative) link? TIA

http://m.orangeville.com/news-story...cruelty-concerns-in-orangeville-neighbourhood

http://m.orangeville.com/news-story/6860215-posed-decapitated-rabbit-found-in-orangeville-schoolyard

I've added the Orangeville incidents to the case map.

I don't think they are related though. They both occurred in a very localized area, including someone's driveway. This is not consistent with the London area cases as the animals there were found in public or commercial places.There had been another incident mentioned in the Orangeville news articles that a cat was thrown out of a car window by some teens. I think there is a group of teens who think it's "funny" to shock people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back