Found Safe Canada - Shammah Jolayemi, 14, Toronto, 4 Mar 2020 *abducted*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can anyone confirm if I heard this correctly? I think the officer said they’re in contact with the step-brother.

Contact has been made with the abductors (he wouldn’t elaborate).

He wouldn’t elaborate if demands have been made and Shammah’s condition is unknown.

Yes, I just heard that on CP24 too.

Can anyone confirm if I heard this correctly? I think the officer said they’re in contact with the step-brother.

Contact has been made with the abductors (he wouldn’t elaborate).

He wouldn’t elaborate if demands have been made and Shammah’s condition is unknown.

Yes, I just heard that on CP24 too.

How awful. We were woken up by the amber alert last night. Usually, it's a parent abduction. This is terrible. I went to university near there and everyone knew Jane & Finch was a bad area.

This is a scary one. Like the post above says, these are usually parental abductions that are cleared up fairly quickly.

The police said in the PC a while ago that they're in contact with the step-brother and he has been co-operating, and they believe the abduction was related to a large amount of money owed by the step-brother to some cocaine smugglers. Yikes.

Edit: Also, it was said that there's been communication with the kidnappers, but police wouldn't elaborate on that communication.

UPDATE: Amber Alert still in effect for missing 14-year-old boy from North York
''According to a press conference from TPS Superintendent Steve Watts, Jolayemi was abducted in connection to a drug debt his older stepbrother—Olalekan Osikoya—owed.

According to Watts, TPS has been in contact with Osikoya, who fled the province after the drug-related incident in the summer and doesn’t currently live with Jolayemi and the family in their North York home.

Despite the fact TPS has spoken to the captors, they did not provide any indication as to whether Jolayemi is still alive. However, Watts said he believes he is still alive and still in Ontario.''

''According to witnesses, Jolayemi was heard screaming for help when he was abducted by the two men, both described as black men, approximately 6’ tall, with slim builds, between the ages of 18 and 22 years old.

On Thursday afternoon, police found a burned-out vehicle near Caledon that they believe was the vehicle involved in the original abduction.

Anyone who has seen Jolayemi or has relevant information regarding his whereabouts is urged to call 9-1-1 or Crime Stoppers at 416-222-8477.''

Toronto teen abducted as retribution over drug debt, $4M worth of cocaine taken: police
[...]

“We believe that Shammah was abducted as retribution for an unpaid drug debt. Investigators believe that Shammah’s brother, Olalekan Osikoya, owes a large debt in relation to a multi-kilo cocaine rip and has since left the [Greater Toronto Area],” he said.

“This is a live abduction.”

Watts said the drug theft happened in the summer of 2019. He said approximately 100 kilograms of cocaine was taken and that it’s worth around $4 million.

[...]

Watts told reporters that it’s believed Jolayemi is still alive.

I’m really angry over this.

So am I.

The stepbrother should be at the next TPS press conference, stand there and talk. Talk about Shammah.

The witnesses to the abduction called 911 at 8:30 am, the police worked for 8 hours without knowing it was Shammah that had been taken until the school called the parents at 6:00.

I moved from Toronto to Nova Scotia and when my new landline was connected I received an automated call from a school about an absent child connected to my new number.

It was an elementary school. I called back and pointed out the flaw in their system. My new neighbour is a retired teacher, she followed up as well. In the end they changed the notification system back to a live caller from the school.

So am I.

The stepbrother should be at the next TPS press conference, stand there and talk. Talk about Shammah.

The witnesses to the abduction called 911 at 8:30 am, the police worked for 8 hours without knowing it was Shammah that had been taken until the school called the parents at 6:00.

I moved from Toronto to Nova Scotia and when my new landline was connected I received an automated call from a school about an absent child connected to my new number.

It was an elementary school. I called back and pointed out the flaw in their system. My new neighbour is a retired teacher, she followed up as well. In the end they changed the notification system back to a live caller from the school.

Thanks for clarifying that witnesses DID call the police! I was upset thinking that no one had after witnessing his abduction.

PS. Hi Lexiintoronto!! :)

Toronto teen abducted as retribution over drug debt, $4M worth of cocaine taken: police
[...]

“We believe that Shammah was abducted as retribution for an unpaid drug debt. Investigators believe that Shammah’s brother, Olalekan Osikoya, owes a large debt in relation to a multi-kilo cocaine rip and has since left the [Greater Toronto Area],” he said.

“This is a live abduction.”

Watts said the drug theft happened in the summer of 2019. He said approximately 100 kilograms of cocaine was taken and that it’s worth around $4 million.

[...]

RBBM

I am surprised that they think he is still alive. If this was Mexico, his body would be hanging from an overpass by now.

MOO

[...]

I really hope they don't hurt that child, but I don't think the abductors are just going to drop him off somewhere safe just like that, like the police are pleading for them to do. 4mil is no small debt and they've already got the child and burnt out the vehicle used in the abduction, sounds like they're not playing around. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think it's likely they're going to give up the boy empty-handed. That would be too easy :( Hopefully they're dumb criminals and the police nab them before anything escalates.

IMO.

This is all just so unbelievably heartbreaking! By all accounts, SJ is a great, upstanding kid. No need to involve him in the step brother's criminal debts.

I can't help but wonder if that missed attendance report could have made all the difference in the world in helping him to be tracked down before the vehicle was abandoned and torched. Heads are gonna roll at TDSB for sure. Not being able to link those early morning 911 calls to this missing child until the evening hours certainly set the investigation back considerably.

Holding SJ & his family and friends in my thoughts and praying that he's soon reunited with them safe & sound.

ETA: I do find it promising that LE has already been in contact with both OO and the abductors... makes it seem far more likely that he is still alive, IMO.

Last edited:
Boy’s abduction retaliation for $4-million drug theft: police
''Speaking to media outside of a north Toronto police station, Supt. Steven Watts said investigators believe Jolayemi’s kidnappers were motivated by the theft of nearly 100 kg. of cocaine — worth around $4-million''

''Watts said investigators have been in contact with Osikoya, who’s been cooperative, and that he fled the GTA shortly after the alleged theft.''

''Sources tell the Sun the boy’s family received a warning that some sort of retaliation would occur in connection with the theft.''

This is all just so unbelievably heartbreaking! By all accounts, SJ is a great, upstanding kid. No need to involve him in the step brother's criminal debts.

I can't help but wonder if that missed attendance report could have made all the difference in the world in helping him to be tracked down before the vehicle was abandoned and torched. Heads are gonna roll at TDSB for sure. Not being able to link those early morning 911 calls to this missing child until the evening hours certainly set the investigation back considerably.

Holding SJ & his family and friends in my thoughts and praying that he's soon reunited with them safe & sound.

ETA: I do find it promising that LE has already been in contact with both OO and the abductors... makes it seem far more likely that he is still alive, IMO.

Unfortunately that's the message they are sending. You do us wrong (and $4,000,000 is not chump change) and we will destroy everything you love. They don't care. They are out a ton of money and somebody is going to pay. Unfortunately is the young stepbrother.

I'm surprised that LE believe he is still alive.

MOO

Thanks for clarifying that witnesses DID call the police! I was upset thinking that no one had after witnessing his abduction.

PS. Hi Lexiintoronto!! :)

(Hello back!)

It sounds as if the witnesses and the police acted quickly. The first few hours after an abduction are so critical, I wish the police had known Shammah was missing from school.

I'm wondering if the stepbrother has gang ties.

LE hasn't been in contact with him at this point as far as I know and he hasn't come forward. As of 15 minutes ago the News was reporting that they were still trying to get in touch with the Stepbrother. So he's either missing too or gone into hiding I'm thinking.

This could end VERY badly on all counts.

These Gangs are quite ruthless in west end Toronto. They think nothing of shooting children at the best of times and if they make a mistake and kill the wrong guy, they don't care.

MOO

You were right.

I’d love to be wrong, but if this is over $4 million worth of cocaine, they’re going to hold onto Shammah until they get what they want.

Last edited:
Snippets, rbbm.
WARMINGTON: Shammah Jolayemi abduction is real-life drama
''No plot in a TV show could be as vile as what was unfolding in the city Thursday.''

''If that wasn’t scary enough, it was his next words that reporters outside of 31 Division with decades of experience don’t remember hearing before.

“This is a live abduction,” said Watts.

“We believe he is still alive.”

''Watts’s team has also been in contact with the two men who grabbed him.''

''The hostage drama is interesting, but the boy’s safety is what is most important.

There are many moving parts in this bizarre drama still being written.''

''Sources say his stepbrother has been less than helpful.
He is known to police. But this is a whole new level of alleged criminality.''

''The whole thing is pathetic, but it is not a shock that Toronto could fall victim to something so heinous.
With all of the people who have been gunned down and run down and how we have teenagers robbing banks and shooting each other, it’s should come as no surprise that something like this could occur here.''

''It’s a new reality that people are coming to grips with, that a teenager could be taken hostage to force payment of a drug debt by his stepbrother is obscene and unacceptable.
But it’s not TV. It’s Toronto.''

I just don't see any way this will resolve with him alive. No one has an extra $4 million sitting around. What did his stepbrother do with all the money he made from ripping off the drugs???!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back