Found Deceased Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a mishmash of stuff.. I was trying to follow it today, but I didn't get anywhere with it..
On one of the family member's FB pages (perhaps it was the SIL's page), there is mention of 'Ben'.. so I looked him up.. and found that he and SB belong to many of the same 'groups'..
One of the groups is karaoke (sp?).. and they go to a place called 'Ducky's'..
I think it stated there was an impromptu get together at Ducky's on the night before she went missing (Nov 25th?)..
But when I went to the Ducky's website, it says it's open every night for karaoke.. so.. who knows? Perhaps she went *there* when she arrived back to Calgary too late to attend the YY Development night?
When I looked at the map for 'Ducky's', in relation to SB's home address, it was VERY close, I believe it said 6 minutes (driving)..
There is just so much info that we are not privvy to, it makes me feel like giving up and leaving it to those who do know some of the details. (such as.. what were the circumstances when JB last saw her, did he leave the house or did she? Why does the family not suspect him at all? Do they even still *have* the dog? When was the last time the dog was mentioned? Did she often go out at night without her vehicle? Did she get her brakes fixed in Edmonton? Calgary? Not at all? Did JB drive her to Edmonton and back home on the 26th? Did her OKCupid suggest any new meetings recently? Why is nobody, friends, nor family, saying anything at all any more about finding her? Oh blah, just too much that we don't know, it seems, to be of any good whatsoever.)

I'm bringing this post over from thread #1
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ctress-stand-up-comic&p=11275700#post11275700

She posted here (it's on the left side of the page - scroll down to Posts to Page) on November 6 - thanking everyone for the wonderful experience she had her first time out. She says the show was fantastic, and so are 'they'....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kaboom-Hooray/144070382321905?ref=profile

I don't see any mention on the page amongst the 'palz' that she is missing...fwiw, please do correct me if i'm wrong. There is something about this that makes me very very sad. If you look under December 4 post titled 'Sketch reading/submissions for KABOOM! #36: Pass the Test' it says 11 people went - you can switch the drop down menu & see that Shannon was not even invited. Maybe the group has "rules" about missing "development night" (nov 26) that would automatically exclude her from participating in the "sketch night"

:dunno: :thinking: :sheesh: :tears:

What stands out most to me is that if November 6th was her first preformance at development night then she is green in the industry. New career path, new friends, new colleagues, new pressures, new drama and politics. I personally think the comic friends are not going to give much attention promoting awareness when their pages are mostly consumed by promoting themselves... Kind of harsh but I am very judgemental of the friends and I think that they (the comics) seem very self absorbed. On the actor side, those friends seemed to be more involved with her at a friend level and their posts seemed more genuine with concern. IMO.

They wouldn't bother inviting her to a December event if it was after the time of her disappearance. Was the event posted prior to her disappearance? If so I wonder who the administrator was.

Shannon did RSVP as going to this event:

Kaboom Hooray shared their event.
November 24, 2014 ·
They don't call 'em Christmas *specials* for nothing.
It's a Wonderful KABOOM!
Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at 8:00pm in UTC-07
Yuk Yuk's Calgary in Calgary, Alberta
25 people went

There's another event -- on November 30th -- that also has Shannon listed as 'went'

https://www.facebook.com/events/667515690028327/?ref=22

Ben Scoot Boogie Episode 4!
Sunday, November 30, 2014 at 5:30pm
Weeds Cafe in Calgary, Alberta
35 people went

My guess is that CPS ruled out that Shannon did not attend this event (one would hope). What I can't tell is when she "Joined" or RSVP'd. It seems the page may have been cleaned up. Hmmmm.

I'm bringing this post over from thread #1
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ctress-stand-up-comic&p=11275700#post11275700

She posted here (it's on the left side of the page - scroll down to Posts to Page) on November 6 - thanking everyone for the wonderful experience she had her first time out. She says the show was fantastic, and so are 'they'....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kaboom-Hooray/144070382321905?ref=profile

I don't see any mention on the page amongst the 'palz' that she is missing...fwiw, please do correct me if i'm wrong. There is something about this that makes me very very sad. If you look under December 4 post titled 'Sketch reading/submissions for KABOOM! #36: Pass the Test' it says 11 people went - you can switch the drop down menu & see that Shannon was not even invited. Maybe the group has "rules" about missing "development night" (nov 26) that would automatically exclude her from participating in the "sketch night"

:dunno: :thinking: :sheesh: :tears:

Thanks for the info and sharing! Do you think she went to this KABOOM thing for an audition to become a standing/recurring member? Maybe she was thanking them for the audition kinda like someone would do after a job interview? Then, maybe she wasn't shortlisted so wasn't invited to that Dec. 4th event? I have no idea how the comedy circuit works for getting gigs, but maybe this was the case? Just brainstorming…

And I agree…it is sad. Where in the heck is she?!

Yes, it seems contrary to on the one hand say it is extremely unlikely for SB to be gone without contacting anyone, whether it be friend or family, while on the other hand, stating they expect her to return safely. Of course that is just hopeful thinking, but perhaps if the truth were stated, rather than hopeful thinking, LE might be more apt to be on it as well?
I have a 15 y/o that I am having some difficulty with and I try to get it through to him all the time, how important it is to always let me know where he is, when he'll be back, who he's with, etc., and if he's not coming home within an expected time range, how important it is to let me know.. I always think about that because whenever I see a missing person's case in the news, it is always mentioned as to whether the person has been known to do this in the past, sort of thing.. and in those cases where it states something like, 'the person has been known to do this, but not for this long'.. it just somehow minimizes the seriousness of the 'missing' part. I don't think those cases are given as much concern as the ones who have *never* not shown up for something.
So.. here is SB, with her family saying it is *extremely unlikely* for her to disappear without letting someone know.. why aren't they taking it more seriously? Why the silence? Where's the heartbreak? Where are all the people who wanted to help search for the Liknes family but who were told they weren't allowed to search? Here is a case where it's open to do searches, and yet they don't seem to be happening.. why?
I hate it when LE keep so much information quiet.. or the family, or whoever it is that keeps everything so quiet. I would love to know why exactly the family seems to find it so preposterous that the estranged husband could have had something to do with this. Why not spell it out as to why?? I think that most people, just based on their knowledge of past history, are thinking along the lines of 'the estranged husband'.. so why isn't the family? There must be an awfully good reason??

sadly, I called in a tip/lead to this case last week (not posted on ws) and when I first spoke with cps they asked what missing person, and I replied SB and they said who, and I explained who again and the person I was talking to apologized and said that there are so many missing persons that it's hard to remember a specific name/caseload.

Here we are working on one, yet there are three that are equally complex that we could tackle of another 100 then some.

What stands out most to me is that if November 6th was her first preformance at development night then she is green in the industry. New career path, new friends, new colleagues, new pressures, new drama and politics. I personally think the comic friends are not going to give much attention promoting awareness when their pages are mostly consumed by promoting themselves... Kind of harsh but I am very judgemental of the friends and I think that they (the comics) seem very self absorbed. On the actor side, those friends seemed to be more involved with her at a friend level and their posts seemed more genuine with concern. IMO.

They wouldn't bother inviting her to a December event if it was after the time of her disappearance. Was the event posted prior to her disappearance? If so I wonder who the administrator was.

Shannon did RSVP as going to this event:

Kaboom Hooray shared their event.
November 24, 2014 ·
They don't call 'em Christmas *specials* for nothing.
It's a Wonderful KABOOM!
Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at 8:00pm in UTC-07
Yuk Yuk's Calgary in Calgary, Alberta
25 people went

I posted my reply to Tarabull's comment before refreshing and reading yours. Yours makes total sense as well! With the event date being after she was known to be missing, might give reason for them not to invite her.

And I think it's also true what you said about most performers being self absorbed and dealing with lots of egos, the show must go on…. :-/

I know we talked about Lolita's but I don't recall that we had this referenced:

Red Carpet Comedy
December 4, 2014 at 2:57pm ·
Shannon Burgess, a local actress and sketch performer, went missing the night of our last show (November 26). Since she lives in Inglewood the police have asked that if anyone saw her that night around Lolita's Lounge to please contact them.
https://www.facebook.com/RedCarpetComedy

http://www.lolitaslounge.ca/performers/red-carpet-comedy

Shannon is in the list of attendees which means she did "join" the event. I wonder if police ever confirmed her attendance as fact after the Dec. 4th post.

Join
November 26 Red Carpet Comedy
Wednesday, November 26, 2014 at 8:00pm in UTC-07
Red Carpet Comedy in Calgary, Alberta
24 people went

To me this implies that she had planned to attend the show or was possibly seen in the venue that evening and/or early hours of Nov.26.

Red Carpet Comedy
Shannon Burgess, a local actress and sketch performer, went missing the night of our last show (November 26). Since she lives in Inglewood the police have asked that if anyone saw her that night around Lolita's Lounge to please contact them.

To me this implies that she had planned to attend the show or was possibly seen in the venue that evening and/or early hours of Nov.26.
it was posted and challenged by it that cannot be named,,, the post of mine yesterday about her banking after jb last saw her I think ties in with this. there is a cibc pretty much across the street from lolitas which may be the connection.

it was posted and challenged by it that cannot be named,,, the post of mine yesterday about her banking after jb last saw her I think ties in with this. there is a cibc pretty much across the street from lolitas which may be the connection.

Oh good, I would have looked but I am always side tracked by the posts and then I forget what I was doing there in the first place. So... All these comedy events that Shannon was invited to and aware of all seem to have the same group of comics and attendees. I sure hope CPS has made that connection and talked to the group of people who seemed to be rather busy during November. I see about 5 names that keep showing up in all these events whether as performers or supporters.

Red Carpet Comedy

Shannon is in the list of attendees which means she did "join" the event. I wonder if police ever confirmed her attendance as fact after the Dec. 4th post.

Join
November 26 Red Carpet Comedy
Wednesday, November 26, 2014 at 8:00pm in UTC-07
Red Carpet Comedy in Calgary, Alberta
24 people went

That post almost sounds like she was there doesn't it? That's how I read it and hear it. Unless of course….it's the performer in the poster talking by including 'their last show' and their hype into her missing drama, for some inclusion (if that makes sense).

sadly, I called in a tip/lead to this case last week (not posted on ws) and when I first spoke with cps they asked what missing person, and I replied SB and they said who, and I explained who again and the person I was talking to apologized and said that there are so many missing persons that it's hard to remember a specific name/caseload.

Here we are working on one, yet there are three that are equally complex that we could tackle of another 100 then some.

That is a disturbing reality. It would be nice if CPS had a proper website that is user friendly to search missing persons. The reality and the way I see it is CPS potentially has thousands of unsolved homicides.

That post almost sounds like she was there doesn't it? That's how I read it and hear it. Unless of course….it's the performer in the poster talking by including 'their last show' and their hype into her missing drama, for some inclusion (if that makes sense).

It does make sense but doesn't that seem crazy to promote and hype the event? If that was the intent that is super tacky.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if there was a gifted young teen in SB's family who was a computer wiz ((what kid isn't?)) who could determine ISP of posts ((likes, attending, whatever)) at the sites you have mentioned upthread?

I would hope that all of her cousin's etc have taken at look at her posts and have examined them for ''authenticity''.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if there was a gifted young teen in SB's family who was a computer wiz ((what kid isn't?)) who could determine ISP of posts ((likes, attending, whatever)) at the sites you have mentioned upthread?

I would hope that all of her cousin's etc have taken at look at her posts and have examined them for ''authenticity''.

What I worry about is that the whiz was the estranged husband...
Hopefully CPS has a whiz to track changes etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maddyka