Found Deceased Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
you know what's crappy,, the bridge over to the zoo from Inglewood goes approximately to the place where the young woman was found in the bushes after being left to perish. not sure if that case was even solved.

I can not find any released description of a suspect or arrest made in the Bridgeland attack.

I think it is very possible that there could be a serial rapist on the loose. I also think that in Shannon's case it could have also been an attempt (by a suspect) to suggest the assault could be connected in order to mislead investigators (based on timing and location). Which if that was the case I would assume that shows pre-intent. That is if investigators can prove death occured and they have a suspect and if that suspect was making any suggestions to what they thought may have happened... I.e. The woman under the bridge.

Or... Maybe the woman who was assaulted in Bridgeland is known to Shannon or her peers and there is a connection that way and CPS is finding a way to connect the dots.

I am super confident that the police and/or the family would have searched by the river and Shannon's walking routes. If they didn't I am very disappointed.

Another article:
"Police were called after a man discovered an injured 30-year-old woman in the bushes near the 600 block of Memorial Drive."

"The witness that we had there could hear someone about 15 feet away, and that's how he located her because he could hear her moaning and he wanted to see what it was and help her out," said Voros."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...xtremely-violent-say-calgary-police-1.2831756

This man was arrested for alleged sexual assault..

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/calgary-police-search-for-brentwood-sex-assault-suspect

"A man wanted on warrants in connection with a sexual assault in northwest Calgary on Boxing Day has been located and arrested.

After circulating photos earlier Wednesday, police said Andrew Holloway, 26, was arrested in the Cochrane area Wednesday afternoon"

Thankfully they caught him! I wonder if he was also responsible for the Bridgeland assault.

Thankfully they caught him! I wonder if he was also responsible for the Bridgeland assault.

Oops, got the two violent sex assaults mixed up and cannot find an article yet, concerning arrest for the Bridgeland perp

Oops, got the two violent sex assaults mixed up and cannot find an article yet, concerning arrest for the Bridgeland perp

I don't see anything either. I put in a request for more information, maybe tomorrow I will hear back.

I have tomorrow off and am going to head over to ramsay/inglewood to get my perspective bumped. I'm sure it's still the literal hub of commercial movement and having looked at google maps, much of it is quite built up now.. my old home is now some warehouse, shame really. if anyone else heads thru there and sees a fellow with a handlebar moustache and grey fur lined hat, well that will be me.

i'll also be wearing stanfield full body long underwear beneath fluorescent pink spandex as the wind chill is s'posed to be minus 27 and I want to be seen.

I joke I joke.

I have tomorrow off and am going to head over to ramsay/inglewood to get my perspective bumped. I'm sure it's still the literal hub of commercial movement and having looked at google maps, much of it is quite built up now.. my old home is now some warehouse, shame really. if anyone else heads thru there and sees a fellow with a handlebar moustache and grey fur lined hat, well that will be me.

i'll also be wearing stanfield full body long underwear beneath fluorescent pink spandex as the wind chill is s'posed to be minus 27 and I want to be seen.

I joke I joke.

I would stalk you if I could! Remember your mittens...

:bump: for Shannon

& for stan laurel out there braving the cold in his fluorescent pink spandex...and mittens.

Hope you are both keeping warm where ever you are.

I joke I joke.

Can you please take photos... Of yourself in pink spandex in the snow to post for us to see?! That'd be a good kick start to 2015! ;) And finding Shannon too of course.

There is also this one ... so investigators seem to have been given info leading in all directions.
" Investigators have also received information indicating she may be in either Vancouver, B.C., or Toronto, Ont."
http://missingpeople.ca/2014/12/missing-calgary-woman-may-be-in-either-vancouver-or-toronto-shannon-madill-25/

The FB group page 'Missing Manitoba Women' posted about Shannon on Dec. 12th….curious if they got their info by their own speculation of traveling from province to province (one has to travel through Manitoba to get to TO), from the link supplied on link (MissingPeople.ca) or from LE.

Their Dec 12th post reads (BBM): "People of Manitoba please be on the lookout for a Missing Calgary Woman That May Be Heading through Manitoba to Toronto, Ontario – Shannon Madill, age 25 - Call your local police if you have any information."

Looks like they got the info from the MissingPeople website and worded it different, but I found it interesting because if she flew on a plane she wouldn't be seen in Manitoba. So maybe it's thought she is on foot? Thought to share in case it sparks any ideas.

Could it be as simple as she witnessed something she shouldn't have on that walk that night ? I hear lots of reports of bad things happening in Calgary lately, like any big city I guess, just seems as if Calgary is getting more than normal. I would imagine the access to $$ and drugs to be a large part of the problem. Reading the news stories on the recent Somali deaths and the older stories about the problems with their young men going west from Toronto seeking work and instead finding unemployment and drugs, made me wonder if Shannon may have stumbled across something she shouldn't have. I don't mean involving Somalians , I mean in general. The story of the young man being lured into the alley started me wondering...
http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/edmonton/story/1.2891421

My gut feeling tells me this could go one of two ways

1. She met with foul play after 1230am Nov. 27 AM after leaving the residence somehow.
2. She decided to disappear herself, leaving everything (posessions, responsibilities) that she cares about in her life behind

I feel #2 is only possible with 'a plan', and the family has already said her disappearance is out of the ordinary.

I don't believe LE would have logged into her "okcupid" account, because they tend to treat computer/cellphone data as records and forensically test an image of a computer, rather than log into accounts directly. Someone logged into that account, and it's possible that LE may have contacted the "okcupid" admins and determined from that information that she may be headed to Vancouver or Toronto. I'd like to know the information that led to this determination, but we won't likely find out.

The silence about this "search" indicates that LE is 'waiting' for something to happen/not happen. They're busy. There seems to be no suspicion that this gal was murdered or kidnapped. That there is 'new information' which 'came to light' that she might be headed to Vancouver or Toronto still does not discount her obvious absence on various social media accounts that have been discovered. Many of these accounts have not been active in the past year or two.

The weather around 1230am November 27th was only ~-3 with low wind and high humidity (source: http://www.friendlyforecast.com/can...egion=ab2&id=11&date=20141127000000&sort=hour) .. Hardly cold enough to need gloves or a toque.

Just stating some of my observations... Sometimes it helps to think these things out.

Following the line of thinking of the above #1) She met with foul play after 1230am Nov. 27 AM after leaving the residence somehow.

http://crimemap.calgarypolice.ca/content/DisclaimerPage.aspx

According to CPS Crime Map (linked above) there have been 7 assaults in Shannon's neighborhood (Ramsay) in the past 6 months...

2015/01/01 4:20 AM
2014/12/07 8:30 PM
2014/10/27 2:30 PM
2014/09/26 11:45 PM
2014/09/27 11:30 PM
2014/08/18 12:45 AM
2014/07/19 3:50 AM

ramsay crime map.jpg

The red line on the screen shot is Shannon's block, the 1900 block of Spiller Road.

--------------------------------------------------------

Inglewood has also had 7 assaults in the past 6 months, the one in blue was a sex offense violation.

2015/01/01 3:00 PM
2015/01/01 3:00 PM
2014/12/19 12:00 PM
2014/11/02 7:30 PM
2014/10/24 5:00 PM
2014/07/15 6:30 PM
2014/07/08 11:45 PM

inglewood crime map.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------

FWIW, Bridgeland is listed as Bridgeland/Riverside where they have had 14 assaults in the past 6 months, plus 2 sex offense violations.

Totally of topic... Has anyone been following the Strathmore murder of Brenda Walker? I tried searching here for a thread but there isn't one. The intimate details of Brenda's life are documented in her blog and I am very curious what proof the police have for the first degree murder charge and that the ex was charged without incident. I am very curious what his plea will be and if an autopsy has been done to ensure the gun shot (I assume a gunshot) could have been self-inflicted or if at all possible that it was another lover or former lover. Her blog just blows my mind, she shares intimate details of her broken relationships and her depression and lifetime of abuse. She goes from being with the love of her life to completely free of them in such a short timespan and falls into new relationships fairly fast.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime...th-first-degree-murder-in-strathmore-homicide

http://chapteronecoaching.com/wordpress/

Totally of topic... Has anyone been following the Strathmore murder of Brenda Walker? I tried searching here for a thread but there isn't one. The intimate details of Brenda's life are documented in her blog and I am very curious what proof the police have for the first degree murder charge and that the ex was charged without incident. I am very curious what his plea will be and if an autopsy has been done to ensure the gun shot (I assume a gunshot) could have been self-inflicted or if at all possible that it was another lover or former lover. Her blog just blows my mind, she shares intimate details of her broken relationships and her depression and lifetime of abuse. She goes from being with the love of her life to completely free of them in such a short timespan and falls into new relationships fairly fast.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime...th-first-degree-murder-in-strathmore-homicide

http://chapteronecoaching.com/wordpress/

Absolutely tragic!
The woman seems so nice and warm, she did not deserve that ultimate betrayal.
The documentation in Brenda's blog leading up to this horrible end is classic , it should be used as a teaching tool. imo.

Absolutely tragic!
The woman seems so nice and warm, she did not deserve that ultimate betrayal.
The documentation in Brenda's blog leading up to this horrible end is classic , it should be used as a teaching tool. imo.

I agree and the regular posts on her blog as a teaching tool is the perfect idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaggieM