GUILTY Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #4 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"She was always keen to take on work, she wanted to get experience as an actress. She worked hard, she was ambitious.”

The agent was trimming her client list, but she found her irresistible, with her red hair, green eyes and bubbly personality. “I was really trying not to add any new talent. But I just loved her, I loved her look.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...lkers-but-her-husband-now-charged-with-murder

Shannon had her future ahead of her, and she probably would have been successful. She had a striking look, seemed very charismatic and likable by her photos, unlike her stoic, clammy looking husband. I've always thought they seemed like an odd couple and unsuited for each other, this is an outsider looking in of course.

I wish we could reach a place where spouses and people in relationships with each other would stop harming one another, but I know that is wishful thinking.

"She was always keen to take on work, she wanted to get experience as an actress. She worked hard, she was ambitious.”

The agent was trimming her client list, but she found her irresistible, with her red hair, green eyes and bubbly personality. “I was really trying not to add any new talent. But I just loved her, I loved her look.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...lkers-but-her-husband-now-charged-with-murder

Shannon had her future ahead of her, and she probably would have been successful. She had a striking look, seemed very charismatic and likable by her photos, unlike her stoic, clammy looking husband. I've always thought they seemed like an odd couple and unsuited for each other, this is an outsider looking in of course.

I wish we could reach a place where spouses and people in relationships with each other would stop harming one another, but I know that is wishful thinking.

rbbm.
They did seem like an odd couple, the lovely, sparkling Shannon and the wet blanket, imo.

rbbm.
They did seem like an odd couple, the lovely, sparkling Shannon and the wet blanket, imo.

Opposites attract. I can't tell you how many couples I know like this, one partner is the emotional, unpractical one, the other is more quiet and practical. For a woman who wants to be an actress, having a stable, employed husband would have been quite important. Also, whatever you think of his looks, he's not the typically obvious bad boy that ends up murdering his wife or girlfriend, such as Jessica Newman's ex, or this guy: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Vancouver+charged+with+murder+death+girlfriend/10907037/story.html

What's particularly sad is that we hear so many stories just like this one. It's so common, that it's a known fact that the most dangerous time for a married woman is at the time that she tries to divorce her husband. I've read several cases where spouses are in the process of divorce, they continue living together, and then the wife disappears. The end of the story is always the same: wife murdered, husband charged. There is typically no history of spousal abuse and no reason to suspect that it could end in murder. These types of murder always seem to take a long time to solve, with one reason being that there is no foreign fingerprints or DNA.

Poor Shannon. Her life was just about to take off with all sorts of acting opportunities. All that was taken from her, and her family.

Josh will be a model citizen in prison and be back on the streets in 10 years.

I've been away working for a couple of months and am so devastated to come home to this news. I've hoped that she was sitting on a beach in Bali living life as the free spirit that she truly seemed to be. What a terrible waste of life. RIP Shannon.

What's particularly sad is that we hear so many stories just like this one. It's so common, that it's a known fact that the most dangerous time for a married woman is at the time that she tries to divorce her husband. I've read several cases where spouses are in the process of divorce, they continue living together, and then the wife disappears. The end of the story is always the same: wife murdered, husband charged. There is typically no history of spousal abuse and no reason to suspect that it could end in murder. These types of murder always seem to take a long time to solve, with one reason being that there is no foreign fingerprints or DNA.

Poor Shannon. Her life was just about to take off with all sorts of acting opportunities. All that was taken from her, and her family.

Josh will be a model citizen in prison and be back on the streets in 10 years.
All sorts of acting opportunities? Perhaps you are not familiar with how call-backs work... SEVERAL actors are asked back. Additionally, regardless of the publicity, none of these were *major* opportunities. Sure, it makes a better story, but the fact remains, she was VERY small time in the biz.

Opposites attract. I can't tell you how many couples I know like this, one partner is the emotional, unpractical one, the other is more quiet and practical. For a woman who wants to be an actress, having a stable, employed husband would have been quite important. Also, whatever you think of his looks, he's not the typically obvious bad boy that ends up murdering his wife or girlfriend, such as Jessica Newman's ex, or this guy: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Vancouver+charged+with+murder+death+girlfriend/10907037/story.html

Ita, just to clarify, did not intend to diss his looks, it was everything else that was ugly, imo.

I have. It's clear from the first reports that Shannon was last seen at her home at 12:30AM on Nov 27 by her husband. No one ... not a single person on this forum ... has ever questioned whether Josh is the family member who last saw his wife at home that night ... until now. The violins are playing as we once again ponder the plight of poor Josh, and question how the sad little man could be presumed to be the last person to see his wife in the middle of the night at their home.

:boohoo: :liar:

I'm just catching up. Im so glad this is overwhelmed. :happydance: If she is pregnant the charges should be upgraded to First Degree murder. :jail:

wow. i can't believe they found her!

i had stopped reading for a while and was just thinking about her today. i remember that time i saw her doppelganger at boston pizza here in saskatoon. i wish it had been her. :(

i bet josh is going to go with some sort of kinky sex gone wrong... then he panicked and hid her.

did they say she was found friday and the hole outside was dug out on sunday? i hope she was found in one piece, whereever she was.

yeah shannon was a small fish in a small sea, but she was only 25, who knows what could have happened to her within 10 years.

i think many of us knew deep down in our hearts it was the husband. and i'm sorry but i find him gross. snip that remark if you must. she was way too good for him.

sometimes you just want to think someone ran away, or some other fantasy. i don't know why this girl affected me. i might go to her memorial in calgary later this summer, if it's open to the public.

r.i.p. shannon. you are with those who love you now. i hope you didn't suffer too much. poor baby girl. :(

as for the 12:30 time i do wonder if that's when he 'officially saw her alive' aka when he killed her. the truth IS sometimes woven into the lies.

All sorts of acting opportunities? Perhaps you are not familiar with how call-backs work... SEVERAL actors are asked back. Additionally, regardless of the publicity, none of these were *major* opportunities. Sure, it makes a better story, but the fact remains, she was VERY small time in the biz.

It doesn't matter. Shannon was murdered before she could know whether she would make it big or not, but the bottom line is that she auditioned for a TV series in Edmonton just before she was murdered - and that in itself is a remarkable achievement.

"Before vanishing, she had just been in Edmonton at a callback audition for a role in a new television series. “She’s a phenomenal actress. It went well,” said Jesse Lipscombe, an executive producer for Mosaic Entertainment, the Edmonton-based company making Delmer & Marta. “That was one of the last times anyone saw her. We have the video. We were just discussing her audition tape; we’d like to give it to her family. As a father, I’d definitely love to have that, seeing them doing what they loved to do moments before they weren’t with us anymore.” He said the audition was at the end of the week before Burgess disappeared. She was reported missing to police on Monday, Dec. 1, 2014.

... Burgess started acting professionally in 2013, when she sent a demo reel to Forzani-Mannix. The agent was trimming her client list, but she found her irresistible, with her red hair, green eyes and bubbly personality. “I was really trying not to add any new talent. But I just loved her, I loved her look.”"

If he wanted to play up the bondage thing then he should have called 911 when Shannon became unresponsive, not conceal her body, he's probably so narcassistic that he got comfy and thought he got away with it, no one was hardly looking for Shannon or so he thought

No. He got scared, and panicked. And once you hide the body, you are pretty much committed to that route. It's a reaction most of us would have, men more so than women.

I don't see what it is so narcissistic about it. I also don't see how he "got comfy".

Did the police have a warrant, or did he just allow them to search?

You can save your breath. Victims here are turned into saints immediately. No matter what they ever did wrong, they are forgiven and all sort of excuses are given.

And the killers are immediately de-humanized and thrown into a narcissistic/psychopath box.

And not that it matters, but I find the husband attractive. I don't see their attractiveness levels to be too far apart, strictly speaking from a physical point of view.

As to personalities - well, other than the obvious here -, I hate "bubbly, sparkly" women. They are loud, tiresome and extremely self involved.

So don't rush into thinking she married down.

You can save your breath. Victims here are turned into saints immediately. No matter what they ever did wrong, they are forgiven and all sort of excuses are given.

And the killers are immediately de-humanized and thrown into a narcissistic/psychopath box.

And not that it matters, but I find the husband attractive. I don't see their attractiveness levels to be too far apart, strictly speaking from a physical point of view.

As to personalities - well, other than the obvious here -, I hate "bubbly, sparkly" women. They are loud, tiresome and extremely self involved.

Victims don't have a breath any longer. We still do. And where victims got destroyed into forever silence, no matter who they used to be or how, we can still speak up.
Killers get vilified because violence should NEVER be an option. NEVER. Normally functioning adults should have learned to handle their frustration and impulse control.

JMVHO

Victims don't have a breath any longer. We still do. And where victims got destroyed into forever silence, no matter who they used to be or how, we can still speak up.
Killers get vilified because violence should NEVER be an option. NEVER. Normally functioning adults should have learned to handle their frustration and impulse control.

JMVHO

That may be so. I find it a very crude way of understanding humans and human relations, be them the most violent possible. You (a general you) turn both parties into black-or-white marionettes that are a caricature of their personalities. It serves to absolutely nothing in understanding the whys, which is why I am here.

Being a victim or a murdered doesn't deny someone's complexity or life. Bad people get killed. Normal or even good people sometimes kill.

That may be so. I find it a very crude way of understanding humans and human relations, be them the most violent possible. You (a general you), make both of the parties into black or white marionettes that are a caricature of their personalities and that serves to absolutely nothing in understanding the whys.

Being a victim or a murdered doesn't deny someone's complexity or life.

No matter how complex a life in how many shades of gray even, to go with the black and white analogy, no one has the right to play God and cut it off entirely by violence. ( not counting extremes like war and trying to survive a brutal physical attack, for the sake of argument). If a person irritates you to that extent, remove yourself from them. Thou shall not kill. And I am an atheist even.

Again, JMVHO.

No matter how complex a life in how many shades of gray even, to go with the black and white analogy, no one has the right to play God and cut it off entirely by violence. ( not counting extremes like war and trying to survive a brutal physical attack, for the sake of argument). If a person irritates you to that extent, remove yourself from them. Thou shall not kill. And I am an atheist even.

Again, JMVHO.

Did I say that somehow murder is excusable?

Most of the time, it isn't. But this wasn't what I was discussing.

I believe most of people who end up killing are just like you and I. Both good and bad. As likely to become victim as they are killer. Murder is a singular act in someone's life, most of the time circumstantial.

If I had an argument with someone and that person ended up dead, would I go to the police? I honestly don't know. I tend to panic and do stupid things. I also tend to see the worst case scenario. Even if it's an accident, I would still believe I would get the death sentence.

At the end of the day, the survival instinct kicks in. Some are guilty and try to get away with it. Some are not, but panic. And then some believe in the justice system and call the police.

A lady is missing in KY and websleuths are mad because her bf doesn't make efforts for her recovery. On this very thread, someone was commenting on how mentally ill is the husband because he took part in the press conference back in December asking for her safe return. You can't win either way ...

It doesn't matter. Shannon was murdered before she could know whether she would make it big or not, but the bottom line is that she auditioned for a TV series in Edmonton just before she was murdered - and that in itself is a remarkable achievement.

"Before vanishing, she had just been in Edmonton at a callback audition for a role in a new television series. “She’s a phenomenal actress. It went well,” said Jesse Lipscombe, an executive producer for Mosaic Entertainment, the Edmonton-based company making Delmer & Marta. “That was one of the last times anyone saw her. We have the video. We were just discussing her audition tape; we’d like to give it to her family. As a father, I’d definitely love to have that, seeing them doing what they loved to do moments before they weren’t with us anymore.” He said the audition was at the end of the week before Burgess disappeared. She was reported missing to police on Monday, Dec. 1, 2014.

... Burgess started acting professionally in 2013, when she sent a demo reel to Forzani-Mannix. The agent was trimming her client list, but she found her irresistible, with her red hair, green eyes and bubbly personality. “I was really trying not to add any new talent. But I just loved her, I loved her look.”"

Sure, but that in no means she was on the cusp of a major career breakout. A "role" can mean anything... even one line. The point I am trying to make, is that it is important that certain facts not be sensationalized.

No. He got scared, and panicked. And once you hide the body, you are pretty much committed to that route. It's a reaction most of us would have, men more so than women.

I don't see what it is so narcissistic about it. I also don't see how he "got comfy".

Did the police have a warrant, or did he just allow them to search?

I don't think it's a normal reaction to hide a loved one who died, unless you're Robert Durst or JB or….

I think JB 'got comfy' by trolling dating sites to get laid and bringing his prospective ladies to the neighborhood 7-Eleven where his wife I think used to work, meanwhile Shannon was buried cold in the ground in home yard. That seems a little brazen and cocky to me, but that's just my opinion.

Hey... Preaching to the choir! What bothers me the most about these cases, is the need to sensationalize the victims and demonize the suspect... Suspect being the operative word.

Many people automatically buy into the saint-making of the victim and will even go as far as creating a personna of the victim that is factually inaccurate.

Bringing this case back down to earth... It was likely jealousy that had a tragic outcome.

JMVHO

Suspect not "killer" to correct your statement. Regardless, there is no need to make more of this case than it is... No need to create a future for the victim that is unwarranted and sensationalistic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back