CANADA Canada - Shannon White, 32, missed work, left pet, Kamloops, BC, 1 Nov 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kamloops Search and Rescue is on its 11th day of looking for a missing Kamloops woman.

Shannon White has been missing since Nov. 1, when she failed to show up for work at Kamloops Hyundai. Her Jeep was discovered abandoned on Nicola Street downtown the following day.

On Saturday morning KSAR said it was getting ready for the 11th day of operations and planning for the search for White.

“We've been on this since last Wednesday,” Alan Hobler KSAR search manager told Castanet Kamloops.

“We're continuing, we still slowed down over midweek and are back at it today.”

Hobler said crews would be doing grid and dog-assisted searches while working with the RCMP.

KSAR said members from Barriere SAR, Shuswap SAR, Wells Gray SAR and Vernon SAR would also be helping in Saturday’s search.

Search for Shannon White continues, search-and-rescue crews say - Kamloops News

I suppose they are searching in the Rayleigh area, since that is the area where her vehicle was seen around 5:30 PM. Seems like a long shot given how little his known.

I suppose they are searching in the Rayleigh area, since that is the area where her vehicle was seen around 5:30 PM. Seems like a long shot given how little his known.

To my eye, there doesn't look like any likely hiding spots there other than the river, given the 45 minute time frame. I'm interested in where his vehicles (which have been impounded by RCMP) during Nov 1-2.

To my eye, there doesn't look like any likely hiding spots there other than the river, given the 45 minute time frame. I'm interested in where his vehicles (which have been impounded by RCMP) during Nov 1-2.

I'm guessing that a body into the river North of Rayleigh would end up in Rayleigh eventually.

Kamloops Search and Rescue (KSAR) has suspended its search efforts for missing woman Shannon White after spending some 3,000 hours in the past two weeks scouring forested areas north and west of the city.

Kamloops Search and Rescue manager Alan Hobler said the team is burned out and, after finding no sign of White following one last major search effort over the weekend, KSAR’s operations have been suspended pending any new information that comes to light.

“It’s completely unprecedented how hard we searched,” Hobler said, noting searches were conduced every day, except for one day, dating back to Nov. 10, with about 3,000 search hours accumulated.

The decision to recommend halting KSAR efforts ultimately came from the RCMP, Hobler said, noting it would have also been search and rescue’s recommendation due to a number of factors.

At this point, the likelihood of searchers getting hurt is higher than the likelihood of finding something, Hobler told KTW.

“Searchers get tired and, when searchers get tired, the higher the likelihood of injuries as well,” Hobler said.

There’s also the recent snowfall in the areas searched as snow makes the probability of finding something lower and the likelihood of missing something much higher.

Hobler said the team has extensively searched both areas RCMP requested KSAR to search.

“Not to say that something [hasn’t] been missed — that’s always a possibility — but the effort to continue versus the probability of finding something is quite a bit lower now,” he said.

Hobler said KSAR deployed varied and thorough techniques, noting it used search dogs and “some of the best search managers in the province to help profiling and find locations to look.”

“Basically, it’s beating the bushes,” he said. “It’s a lot of people, longer days. Just shortly after dawn to dusk, they’ve been out.”

While KSAR’s search efforts are now suspended, the RCMP may still continue to search, Hobler said.

He said the case is potentially a homicide investigation, but noted he is not at liberty to disclose the exact locations of the searches as that information must come from the RCMP.

Kamloops Search and Rescue suspends search for Shannon White - Kamloops This Week

Kamloops Search and Rescue (KSAR) has suspended its search efforts for missing woman Shannon White after spending some 3,000 hours in the past two weeks scouring forested areas north and west of the city.

Kamloops Search and Rescue manager Alan Hobler said the team is burned out and, after finding no sign of White following one last major search effort over the weekend, KSAR’s operations have been suspended pending any new information that comes to light.

“It’s completely unprecedented how hard we searched,” Hobler said, noting searches were conduced every day, except for one day, dating back to Nov. 10, with about 3,000 search hours accumulated.

The decision to recommend halting KSAR efforts ultimately came from the RCMP, Hobler said, noting it would have also been search and rescue’s recommendation due to a number of factors.

At this point, the likelihood of searchers getting hurt is higher than the likelihood of finding something, Hobler told KTW.

“Searchers get tired and, when searchers get tired, the higher the likelihood of injuries as well,” Hobler said.

There’s also the recent snowfall in the areas searched as snow makes the probability of finding something lower and the likelihood of missing something much higher.

Hobler said the team has extensively searched both areas RCMP requested KSAR to search.

“Not to say that something [hasn’t] been missed — that’s always a possibility — but the effort to continue versus the probability of finding something is quite a bit lower now,” he said.

Hobler said KSAR deployed varied and thorough techniques, noting it used search dogs and “some of the best search managers in the province to help profiling and find locations to look.”

“Basically, it’s beating the bushes,” he said. “It’s a lot of people, longer days. Just shortly after dawn to dusk, they’ve been out.”

While KSAR’s search efforts are now suspended, the RCMP may still continue to search, Hobler said.

He said the case is potentially a homicide investigation, but noted he is not at liberty to disclose the exact locations of the searches as that information must come from the RCMP.

Kamloops Search and Rescue suspends search for Shannon White - Kamloops This Week
Came to post this also,hope some tips keep coming...someone knows something!

This is discouraging news, but not totally unexpected. I think RCMP will make an arrest as soon as all the forensic data is complete. There is no reason to wait for the recovery of her body, unless Canada's speedy trial laws are more stringent then those of the US.

This is discouraging news, but not totally unexpected. I think RCMP will make an arrest as soon as all the forensic data is complete. There is no reason to wait for the recovery of her body, unless Canada's speedy trial laws are more stringent then those of the US.

Canada doesn’t have an equivalent to US speedy trial laws although a criminal trial must be concluded in 30 months. Charges can be laid without recovery of a body although evidence must point toward the accused causing death.

I feel as though we’re missing a puzzle piece. If the ex is guilty and the murder was premeditated why park the distinctive jeep parked outside his home? That’s surely a huge red flag. But if nobody sighted the jeep at that residence and police were just going on possibilities, we don’t know that the search turned up any connection to SW at all. Anyone could’ve driven her jeep up and down the highway, even as a totally false lead. JMO

I don't think Shannon would have gone on a "screw work, let's go 4x4ing" voluntary trip without going back home to grab her dog, Buddy, from what I've read and heard of her relationship with him. He really went everywhere except work with her.
Her ex's social media (fb, anyway) profile seems removed/deactivated. I suspect that means at the very least he has a lawyer?
I had thought maybe it made sense that she was reported missing, then the jeep was dumped, but it looks like the RCMP may have found the jeep before putting out the missing persons' release, and just kept that information to themselves until the next morning, based on timelines of when things were posted? Her friends who were involved in reporting her missing did so that morning, though, so maybe if someone saw they'd reported her, they went and dumped the jeep downtown (to ... i dunno? have it not found at their home?...) from wherever it was before that?

Angela has him. I've checked in on his care a few times.

https://cfjctoday.com/2021/11/22/lo...rch-for-missing-kamloops-woman-shannon-white/
“And whether she gets those answers or not, Angela is committed to taking care of Shannon’s other best friend — her dog — Buddy.

“As of right now, Buddy will stay with us. If her dad decides that he needs to be elsewhere, that’s up to him. But we’ve let him know that he is more than welcome to stay with us if needed,” she said….”

https://infotel.ca/newsitem/community-pulls-together-in-search-for-missing-kamloops-woman/it87291
“Kamloops Search and Rescue said the search has been suspended while RCMP investigates further leads, in a comment that was posted on the rescue organization's Facebook page at 7:30a.m., Nov. 23.

"Over 11 days, over 200 responding members from 6 teams put in over 3000 hours and searched over 800 kms by foot," it said. "That's the equivalent of 18 months of full-time work, and walking to Vancouver and back from Kamloops."

On Sunday, Nov. 22, several people gathered to conduct two searches organized by some of Shannon’s closest friends, with one search happening in the morning and one in the afternoon.

“There were probably between 30 and 40 searchers gathered there,” one of the searchers, Jennifer Dolson, said. “Shannon’s dad and her dog Buddy were greeting everyone. Her dad thanked me and we had an emotional hug. We convoyed out in vehicles and stopped repeatedly to search on foot any places we thought could be relevant.”

While the areas of the search have not been shared yet, she said the weather was not in their favour, with fog and snow at the higher elevations.

“The mood was very sombre and it was made clear when we were getting our instructions that we were on a recovery mission,” Dolson said. “At the same time it was heartening that so many people were showing up to help. There was a mixture of emotions.”

She has never met Shannon but that does not affect the importance of helping to find her.

“This could be anyone, a mother, daughter or sister,” Dolson said. “This is our community and everyone should be looked for, everyone should come home to their family. No parent should go to bed at night wondering where their child is.”

She is hoping others will donate some time and effort into helping find White by sharing social media posts and putting flyers on their cars or joining future searches. She hopes to take part in the search again.

“The more people search the smaller the search area becomes,” Dolson said. “If something bad happens, the community can make a big difference by working together. It is emotional to see people coming together and pushing forward. Every little bit helps.”

https://infotel.ca/newsitem/community-pulls-together-in-search-for-missing-kamloops-woman/it87291

Assuming the police are working on evidence processing and the like, how long does that take? It's been three weeks now, do we expect to hear anything by Christmas?

I think we have no way of knowing how long it might take because we don’t know what evidence police have found. I sincerely hope the reason for the desperate search to find her body is not primarily to prove that a homicide occurred.

I feel for Shannon’s family and friends, the wait as each day ticks by must be excruciating. JMO

A relative of a missing Kamloops woman has been forced to watch the search from afar at his home in Hamilton.

Andrew Stinson is first cousins with Shannon White’s ex-husband, and has spent time with White off and on since they were teenagers in Ontario.

“It is difficult to be so far away and unable to take part in searching on the ground,” Stinson said. “All I want to do is help. Shannon and I are cousins through marriage and I still consider her family.”

Stinson had been living in Kamloops for a couple of years up until July of this year when he moved back to Dundee, a part of Hamilton. He said the last time he saw White was right before he left.

“We had reconnected when I first got to Kamloops and she got me into the Jeep world,” Stinson said. “She took me for my first Jeep ride around Inks Lake area and I saw how much she enjoyed it. She was pretty quiet when she was younger and it was awesome to see how outgoing she had become.”

hd-mediaitemid86841-5958.jpg

Stinson said White sold him an old jeep she called White Girl Wasted and the two went on some rides together, adding White introduced him to a lot of great people he now calls friends.

He said they both had a love for the outdoors and the backcountry in the province, something he said may have enticed her to live in Kamloops.

“She and my cousin owned a house in Brantford, Ontario for a few years,” he said. “They sold it, bought an RV and a truck, and travelled around for a bit. I believe someone offered them a job in Savona and they chose to stay.”

While Stinson remains provinces away, he keeps a keen eye on the news and social media, hoping for answers. He said he doesn't have any theories on where White is or where she went.

"I don't even have a guess," he said. "She seemed really happy and part of a really great group of friends and Jeep lovers doing what she loved."

Stinson said he is grateful to every one who has gone out looking for her.

“Anyone would hope for this kind of support from a community, it is crazy to see how many people are on board.”

https://infotel.ca/newsitem/relativ...l-for-outpouring-of-community-support/it87329

I'm concerned that the floods have required provincial resources to be on-call elsewhere, leaving crimes like a missing woman to SAR and friends. RCMP infrared helicopter cameras were not used in the 24 hours after she was missing - at least I didn't hear about it - even though RCMP knew the locations of her vehicle and that it was unlikely that she was voluntarily missing. It's also known that abducted women and children are unlikely to survive more than 2 hours. They knew the area, helicopter infrared camera would reveal warm bodies that are not moving.

Resources are diverted to where they are needed, and people in Southern BC are losing their farms. They do not have overland flood insurance even though it rarely floods. People are displaced, displaced people have to be managed.

Hopefully someone will come across her remains in one of the two known areas where her vehicle travelled - one of which is Inks Lake, one of their off trail areas.

The Lac Le Jeune Road is Inks Lake. That's a possible location for her vehicle earlier in the day. Her vehicle was also recorded to be North of Rayleigh around 5:30 PM on the day that she disappeared. That's very likely the search area. Are there off road trails in the area? I looked for caves in the area and did't find anything.

upload_2021-11-29_0-38-54.png

I'm concerned that the floods have required provincial resources to be on-call elsewhere, leaving crimes like a missing woman to SAR and friends. RCMP infrared helicopter cameras were not used in the 24 hours after she was missing - at least I didn't hear about it - even though RCMP knew the locations of her vehicle and that it was unlikely that she was voluntarily missing. It's also known that abducted women and children are unlikely to survive more than 2 hours. They knew the area, helicopter infrared camera would reveal warm bodies that are not moving.

Resources are diverted to where they are needed, and people in Southern BC are losing their farms. They do not have overland flood insurance even though it rarely floods. People are displaced, displaced people have to be managed.

Hopefully someone will come across her remains in one of the two known areas where her vehicle travelled - one of which is Inks Lake, one of their off trail areas.

The Lac Le Jeune Road is Inks Lake. That's a possible location for her vehicle earlier in the day. Her vehicle was also recorded to be North of Rayleigh around 5:30 PM on the day that she disappeared. That's very likely the search area. Are there off road trails in the area? I looked for caves in the area and did't find anything.

View attachment 324579

SW went missing around 8:30 AM on November 1st when she did not show up for work. Her jeep was not located until the next day at 3:30 PM on Nicola St. That is a 31 hour window. LE has only released two 45 min time periods within that window that they know where and when the jeep was traveling. That leaves 29 1/2 hours left unaccounted. LE may know more than they are making public, but it seems to me, because of all the unaccounted for time, SW could be located just about anywhere in the Kamloops area. I am hoping for a miracle and that she is found soon. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005
Back