CANADA Canada - Sharin Morningstar Keenan, 9, Toronto, 23 Jan 1983

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
While on the subject of ethnicity, if relevant, I wonder about Howe's background on his Mom's side. Leskew of Leskiw is usually Ukrainian though I believe it says she was born in Austri. Nascia/Nasia is usually a Middle Eastern Hebrew name as far as I know. I have always had this strange 'hunch' that I cannot support with evidence that Howe looks Metis to me in the earlier picture. Now Caron is French but also often a Metis name. I always wonder if Howe actually targeted Sharin even from prison if he saw the CBC TV show about the family business. One of Sharin's siblings was named Summer Sky though I think changed it later. We don't know really anything about what Howe was doing after he went AWOL from his job in Prince Albert for the full period until he killed Sharin. For all the infamy of this case it is true that little information has been released to help people find Howe. As was said here by the recent poster no additional photos. I kick myself for not thinking of that it is so true.
Galicia and Lodomeria were part of the Austrian Empire back then.

While on the subject of ethnicity, if relevant, I wonder about Howe's background on his Mom's side. Leskew of Leskiw is usually Ukrainian though I believe it says she was born in Austri. Nascia/Nasia is usually a Middle Eastern Hebrew name as far as I know. I have always had this strange 'hunch' that I cannot support with evidence that Howe looks Metis to me in the earlier picture. Now Caron is French but also often a Metis name. I always wonder if Howe actually targeted Sharin even from prison if he saw the CBC TV show about the family business. One of Sharin's siblings was named Summer Sky though I think changed it later. We don't know really anything about what Howe was doing after he went AWOL from his job in Prince Albert for the full period until he killed Sharin. For all the infamy of this case it is true that little information has been released to help people find Howe. As was said here by the recent poster no additional photos. I kick myself for not thinking of that it is so true.
Galicia-Lodomeria was part of the Austrian Empire back then.

Galicia-Lodomeria was part of the Austrian Empire back then.

That's interesting.
On the Metis theme my wife who was from the town in PA where Howe was usually in prison thought Sharin looks Metis. It is not something I would really see. Summer Sky - this was treated as a flakey hippie thing in the media but I have a First Nations friend in Calgary named Summer Dawn.

Of course none of this matters except in terms of affinities and networks. Howe for sure was working for a Jewish business owner at 333 Spadina.

I don't think there is any evidence Howe was a pedophile per se before this crime so it is odd. One attack perhaps on a 13 or 14 year old which of course would qualify. But given how impulsive he appears to have been you would think there would be more of a history.

View attachment 326938
Here is a copy of the fingerprint file. On the middle right it says 83/09/24 for a date. Is this the date when the fingerprints were taken? If so, it doesn't make sense given that the murder occurred in late January 1983 and was discovered in early February 1983. Something doesn't make sense to me.
Let's hope there is reason for this that makes sense.

There are things about this case that if you let your mind run a bit would make Websleuths look like conspiracy Reddit. Looking at these fingerprints newclues brought attention to - I have no idea what the explanation could be. I think it is in the Ridgen doc that someone from the police says there is no explanation for why Howe's picture could go missing from multiple offices Moosejaw etc. It makes no sense.

If that Geni site was accurate surely LE would know and they would have dug him up by now. So we can almost assume the family has been covering up for him at least some of them. As hard as that is to believe. Perhaps he told them he was framed. I wish Ridgen had shown the persistance he showed in his later work to ask tougher questions making the Sharin doc. I guess they felt it was a coup to get the mother to talk about Sharin etc. her art I think another place for that would have been better and they should have c0ncentrated more on Howe. After all if Sharin had been ugly and talentless the crime would be the same. Surely other people drank with Howe at the Brunswick bar. Surely he had to buy his drugs from somewhere. We have VERY little just Ollie his house mate, a detective or two, his supervisor at the pen, one Sask. officer who arrested him etc.

Wasted opportunity and the filming was sort of attractively but creepily aesthetisized to no purpose. The father was alive and didn't want to talk to Ridgen it seems. Her siblings? It was all very controlled - in a side bar to the film it mentioned how the mom worked so closely with LE making the film. What was the point? Why so much from the mother's point of view? Didn't Sharin have friends, teachers if you wanted to look at her and see what she was like.

Here is a side angle of how DMH may look at a much older age. This is taken from a natural angle that shows him looking more aged on the right side from a picture when he was younger.
side.jpg
EV4.jpg

jtw3mh.jpg

Fugitive Profile as of August 30th, 2014 (Based on Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) website):

Aliases: Michael Burns / Wayne King / Ralph Ferguson / Jim Meyers
Sex: Male
Born: September 1940
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Weight: 170 lb / 77 kg
Height: 5 ft 10 in / 178 cm
Scars: Under left side of chin
Other Descriptions:
-Short crooked fingers
-Small gap between front teeth
-Hairy chest and arms
-Square shoulders
-Left handed
-Known to wear a moustache
-Walks quickly
-Smokes heavily
Who to call if you've seen him: Nearest RCMP detachment or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477

He is considered Canada's most wanted fugitive to this day. And this past year was the 30-year anniversary of one of the most horrific murders ever shown on AMW.

9-year old Sharin' Morningstar Kennan was last seen alive on the afternoon of January 23rd, 1983. She was told to be home by 4 PM. She vanished, and after a massive 9-day search her body was found stuffed in the refrigerator of a house Dennis Melvin Howe was renting.

Here is a bit more from a news article about Howe himself vanishing for decades afterwards:

Howe was last seen in Sault Ste. Marie, Ont. the day after Sharin’ disappeared, getting a bus transfer to Winnipeg.
Through the years, as leads disappeared, Howe was like a ghost — sighted here and there but never really there in the flesh.
Police put out a bulletin, advising dentists to contact them if Howe, who had bad teeth and used Orajel frequently to dull the pain, came looking for help.
In 1999, a tip led to a Sudbury cemetery, where police believed that the name on the grave, Peter Sanderson, was really Howe. They dug up the grave to get samples for DNA testing, but results showed it wasn’t Howe.
Howe had family out west, and there are unanswered questions about what they knew.
Howe’s half brother, Eugene Nelson, was alleged to have given Howe money to come to Toronto when Howe fled three days after he was released on mandatory supervision from prison in Prince Albert, Sask., on Feb. 17, 1982.
And there are about a dozen mysterious trips that Eugene made to Montana and Washington State after the murder. When questioned about those trips by former Regina police detective Rod Buckingham, Eugene stopped going to the U.S. and took any answers he had to the grave in 2004.

So the question is, where is Howe now if he's still alive?

www.thestar.com/news/crime/2012/09/27/mystery_surrounds_torontos_most_wanted_fugitive_dennis_melvyn_howe.html

UPDATE: As of July 26th, 2018, Howe is still listed on the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) website as one of their most wanted fugitives: www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/wanted/dennis-melvin-howe

LINKS:

Dennis Melvin Howe- Ontario- 1983 | America's Most Wanted Fans (an unofficial fan page for America's Most Wanted on Fox & In Pursuit with John Walsh on Investigation Discovery)

Mystery surrounds Toronto’s most wanted fugitive, Dennis Melvyn Howe

jtw3mh.jpg

Fugitive Profile as of August 30th, 2014 (Based on Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) website):

Aliases: Michael Burns / Wayne King / Ralph Ferguson / Jim Meyers
Born: September 1940
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Weight: 170 lb / 77 kg
Height: 5 ft 10 in / 178 cm
Scars: Under left side of chin
Other Descriptions:
-Short crooked fingers
-Small gap between front teeth
-Hairy chest and arms
-Square shoulders
-Left handed
-Known to wear a moustache
-Walks quickly
-Smokes heavily
Who to call if you've seen him: Nearest RCMP detachment or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477

He is considered Canada's most wanted fugitive to this day. And this past year was the 30-year anniversary of one of the most horrific murders ever shown on AMW.

9-year old Sharin' Morningstar Kennan was last seen alive on the afternoon of January 23rd, 1983. She was told to be home by 4 PM. She vanished, and after a massive 9-day search her body was found stuffed in the refrigerator of a house Dennis Melvin Howe was renting.

Here is a bit more from a news article about Howe himself vanishing for decades afterwards:

Howe was last seen in Sault Ste. Marie, Ont. the day after Sharin’ disappeared, getting a bus transfer to Winnipeg.
Through the years, as leads disappeared, Howe was like a ghost — sighted here and there but never really there in the flesh.
Police put out a bulletin, advising dentists to contact them if Howe, who had bad teeth and used Orajel frequently to dull the pain, came looking for help.
In 1999, a tip led to a Sudbury cemetery, where police believed that the name on the grave, Peter Sanderson, was really Howe. They dug up the grave to get samples for DNA testing, but results showed it wasn’t Howe.
Howe had family out west, and there are unanswered questions about what they knew.
Howe’s half brother, Eugene Nelson, was alleged to have given Howe money to come to Toronto when Howe fled three days after he was released on mandatory supervision from prison in Prince Albert, Sask., on Feb. 17, 1982.
And there are about a dozen mysterious trips that Eugene made to Montana and Washington State after the murder. When questioned about those trips by former Regina police detective Rod Buckingham, Eugene stopped going to the U.S. and took any answers he had to the grave in 2004.

So the question is, where is Howe now if he's still alive?

www.thestar.com/news/crime/2012/09/27/mystery_surrounds_torontos_most_wanted_fugitive_dennis_melvyn_howe.html

UPDATE: As of July 26th, 2018, Howe is still listed on the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) website as one of their most wanted fugitives: www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/wanted/dennis-melvin-howe

LINKS:

Dennis Melvin Howe- Ontario- 1983 | America's Most Wanted Fans (an unofficial fan page for America's Most Wanted on Fox & In Pursuit with John Walsh on Investigation Discovery)

Mystery surrounds Toronto’s most wanted fugitive, Dennis Melvyn Howe
Some details from LE listing may be slightly different.
Weight: 170 lb / 77 kg (148 lb according to fingerprint chart)
Height: 5 ft 10 in / 178 cm (5' 8 1/2" according to fingerprint chart)
Square shoulders (Sloping shoulders according to face pictures)

Fingerprint chartEV1.jpgSloping shouldersEV11.jpg
Some details from LE listing may be slightly different.
Weight: 170 lb / 77 kg (148 lb according to fingerprint chart)
Height: 5 ft 10 in / 178 cm (5' 8 1/2" according to fingerprint chart)
Square shoulders (Sloping shoulders according to face pictures)
Fingerprint Chart EV1.jpg Sloping Shoulders EV11.jpg

We need someone to explain that fingerprint date.

One thing: Howe despite the strange dangerous destructive and self destructive impulsivity, dark side whatever had strength of self if not character and could easily have manipulated his appearance NOT to fit who they have been looking the stolid blob in the aged compositites. He could shave his head lose weight pull out his own teeth and get new ones made. He was obviously employable had a number of useful skills. Went AWOL on a perfectly good job at the Pulp and Paper Mill they set up for him after his last prison release. Also could marry into a family and of course live in any number of U.S. or Caribbean towns where nobody knows or cares about Sharin. Now it seems we know that it is far more likely than I had thought that his family is behind him whatever they are saying on the surface. Incredible of course.

We need someone to explain that fingerprint date.

One thing: Howe despite the strange dangerous destructive and self destructive impulsivity, dark side whatever had strength of self if not character and could easily have manipulated his appearance NOT to fit who they have been looking the stolid blob in the aged compositites. He could shave his head lose weight pull out his own teeth and get new ones made. He was obviously employable had a number of useful skills. Went AWOL on a perfectly good job at the Pulp and Paper Mill they set up for him after his last prison release. Also could marry into a family and of course live in any number of U.S. or Caribbean towns where nobody knows or cares about Sharin. Now it seems we know that it is far more likely than I had thought that his family is behind him whatever they are saying on the surface. Incredible of course.

I lived in downtown Toronto when this murder occurred. One thing I remember about this crime is that the BOLO image they disseminated to the public was the one where Howe has a lot of extra weight on him making him look much older than he really was. At the time of the killing he was 42 years old but looked in his mid 50s in that photo.

I do remember someone saying that he had actually lost quite a bit of weight that would have made him unrecognizable if comparing him to that mug shot. Whether it was someone just trying to insert themselves into the investigation, I remember hearing someone say he took the train to Thunder Bay and a more accurate image could possibly have helped apprehend him. Back in those days people had no phones, they'd be reading the Toronto Star, the Globe and Mail and the Toronto Sun on the train.

Lengthy article. rbbm.
May 1 2022 by Peter Edwards
We know almost everything about the ‘cold devil’ who fled the Toronto murder of Sharin Morningstar Keenan. Except where he went | The Star
''There are so many things that police know about Dennis Melvyn Howe, often called the most wanted man in Canadian history.

Howe is the sole suspect in the rape and murder of nine-year-old Sharin Morningstar Keenan, whose body was found in a refrigerator in a boarding house at 482 Brunswick Ave. in Toronto on Feb. 1, 1983.

Police know Howe is left-handed, and has crooked baby-like fingers.

He’s white with brown eyes, with a scar on his cleft chin.

His nose is bulbous and reddish.

He used Orajel frequently to dull the pain of abscesses in his crooked teeth.

He liked to drink Molson beer, chain smoke unfiltered Player’s cigarettes and twist pens nervously through his fingers.

They know he was born in Estevan, Sask., on Sept. 26, 1940, and moved shortly after that to a plain-looking house in Regina.

Police know that, at the time of Sharin’s murder, Howe had spent more than half his life behind bars and that he was becoming increasingly violent.

Police know Howe is a chameleon. He can rapidly shift his five-foot-nine frame so that he appears lean instead of pudgy.

He sometimes changes the colour and style of his thinning hair, which was dark brown before he went grey.

He has also occasionally sported a moustache.

Howe can alter his personality, too. He can be talkative, opinionated and comical, calling people “turkeys.”

At those times, his laugh is deep and sounds friendly.

He can also be shy and sullen and say almost nothing at all.

He’s a convincing liar who remembers the little details that make a story work.

He has lived under several aliases.

He has a brisk, shuffling walk.

He enjoys reading science fiction and can be well-spoken and even comical

He’s surprisingly polite and even-tempered.

“He was never, ever gross,” said a woman who knew him in his former hometown of Regina. “He was very much a gentleman. I never heard him swear or tell anything off-colour.”

He doesn’t like needles.

Police have samples of his DNA and his fingerprints.

He can blend into a crowd.

“He could walk right by and you wouldn’t pay too much attention to him,” retired homicide detective Wayne Oldham said.

Police know he almost always confines his violence to women, like a 13-year-old girl in Regina whom he raped and a grown woman he tried to abduct at knifepoint.

His anger toward women runs deep. He was married in 1962, but was locked up shortly after his first anniversary for 11 break-and-enters in Regina.

While he was in custody, his wife got a boyfriend and he successfully sued for divorce on the grounds of adultery.

She moved to the west coast and started a new family while he began targeting women who were strangers for violent crimes.

He would often approach them, saying he needed some kind of help.

A woman he abducted in 1977 in Regina recalled his “wolfen eyes” years later.

She said she feared he was “out there” and thinking of her.

“This could happen to me again but I honestly don’t think I could take it,” she told the Regina Leader-Post in 1985. “I think I would fall apart. He’s a cold devil. He really is.”

Police know Howe prefers to prey on trusting people, sometimes approaching them to ask for directions.

i am very interested in this case. I remember the day it happened. I wish it remain updated.

Usually, only with help from others like family and friends could someone evade LE for so many years.
The war criminal Mengele evaded capture while it appears that his family knew his whereabouts.

I understand that but wouldn’t LE be looking at all acquaintances? I would like to hope so, any way.

Off topic here but important to document and same area: Note the girl was three when abducted by her non custodial BUT ALSO NON BIOLOGICAL FATHER for some reason this latter point is never stated I believe he negotiated the relationship to get access to the girl and then kidnap her. Many pictures of Nina Akbarian are age progressed note she was just four when abducted. The case seems hopeless because LE including the RCMP say they are in Iran but please note it is possible that the father is in Canada or travels here read below for info and it is not impossible that the daughter is in Canada obviously both under another name: First the girl: Nina Akbarian:

DOB: Aug 29, 1992
Missing: Jul 4, 1996
Age Now: 18
Sex: Female
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 3'2" (97 cm)
Weight: 31 lbs (14 kg)
Missing From:
NORTH YORK
ONTARIO
Canada

The wanted man the 'father' is Naser Akbarian:

DOB: Jul 18, 1953
Hair: Unknown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'6" (168 cm)
Weight: 141 lbs (64 kg)

There are many ways for a predator to get access to a child and please note in this case the man wanted is NOT the biological parent of the missing girl. Rather he, a 'newcomer' psychopathically charmed his way into a vulnerable single very trusting giving woman's life the Mom of Euro descent (a librarian and he came to the library in Parkdale and took English lessons from her and they developed a relationship) married her and took off with her daughter. Several links:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/wanted-recherches/child-enfant/akbarian-eng.htm

Case File of Nina Akbarian

good photos of the father an age enhanced of Nina here as well

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missi...vgXFj0WpC6JnG!-371139669?case=1996004360&id=0

1. I know LE interviewed the 'father's relatives in Toronto but they claimed he never contacted them almost certainly a lie. If they hinted to LE he was in Iran that would successfully back LE off the case not completely but for all intents and purposes. It could be a ruse however.

2. Someone I know who worked with the Mom saw him several years ago on Harbord Street Toronto in a cafe/restaurant. He appeared to be engaging in some type of real estate transaction possibly as an agent it was tough to tell. She reported it. As so often maybe it was a bad day for Nina when it was reported and they said "but the RCMP say he is in Iran" and forgot about it.

3. LE did take this case very very seriously possibly and probably because they believed the father had met and married the Mom in order to abduct her daughter from a previous relationship.

4. To begin with I just want the names of Nina Akbarian and Naser Akbarian to be searchable on WS and maybe google so this is a start.

5. I met and slightly knew the 'father' and he was inclined to inappropriately and bizarrely say that things, almost anything was "beautiful" ""so beautiful...." I believe to psychopathically make himself seem like a gentle harmless guy.

It worked.

I don't believe that Nina was ever officially listed as endangered and it is not for me to say she is but I think it is very far from impossible that she was or is.

I realize this post possibly should be moved please let me know to where though and I will request a mod to do so just wanted to get it down before I put it off again never enough time for these important cases. There is a short thread on U Crimes.
A very late reply with a newly started thread..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back