CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle and uniform, 23 killed - Portapique, NS *suspect dead*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah the scary thing about the perps in crimes like this are that they are completely void of emotion. That’s where the term cold and calculating comes from. They truly are not human. They are like robots
For sure. I think what struck me the most was there was absolutely no urgency to change and get back in the car.

Here is a Google Earth map that I was able to put together using NS civil address finder and information posted upthread. I have intentionally left off victims names and addresses for obvious reasons. But I just thought it may help some others be able to picture how some of it may have unfolded.

View attachment 244018

(Map)

Thank you for making this map.

Quoting your post so that I can refer back to it.

Here is a Google Earth map that I was able to put together using NS civil address finder and information posted upthread. I have intentionally left off victims names and addresses for obvious reasons. But I just thought it may help some others be able to picture how some of it may have unfolded.

View attachment 244018

Thank you, this is so helpful. I wonder did he skip any homes? Targeting people who are full time residents? Just killing everyone on the street? It is so bizarre.

ABC News is still reporting that his ex partner was targeted and claim that "Wortman allegedly burned down his own home Saturday and made his way to his ex-partner's residence, killing other people who lived there, according to law enforcement officials. Dead bodies were also found near the former partner's home, investigators said."

Who is the partner? I have been following since Sunday but still can't piece it together.

Nova Scotia shooting may have begun as a domestic violence dispute: Investigators

Thank you, this is so helpful. I wonder did he skip any homes? Targeting people who are full time residents? Just killing everyone on the street? It is so bizarre.

These are excellent questions and I wish we had the answers. It does appear that he had to of passed by some properties, but the why is probably still being investigated. There were 16 crime scenes 16! Think about that. This is a monumental task and I’m sure they are still locating and trying to decipher massive amounts of information. Witnesses, neighbors, family members etc etc. it’s going to take some time

ABC News is still reporting that his ex partner was targeted and claim that "Wortman allegedly burned down his own home Saturday and made his way to his ex-partner's residence, killing other people who lived there, according to law enforcement officials. Dead bodies were also found near the former partner's home, investigators said."

Who is the partner? I have been following since Sunday but still can't piece it together.

Nova Scotia shooting may have begun as a domestic violence dispute: Investigators

That article is really a jumble of information with sketchy sourcing. Investigators say the domestic partner was targeted, and that there are dead bodies at her house, but can't say if she is among the dead? That seems like an impossible combination.

I still think this all stems from the Warmington article, and it may be accurate. It hasn't been confirmed by any family or RCMP. I would say it has been repeated but not confirmed by other media. I've read some speculation as to who the partner is, but certainly can't confirm it. If there is a domestic partner victim, I'm not sure that she was the co-worker at the clinic.

Here's the updated picture with the 2 sets of teeth removed, I think they removed the front door signage as well.

smile gone.jpg

Big smile on alleged Nova Scotia shooter's dental clinic removed | The Guardian

The sign now reminds me of The Joker's evil garish smile, imo.

Wikipedia
Halifax Police Remove Signs For Denture Clinic Owned By Gunman - Huddle
dentures4.jpg

Atlantic Denture Clinic
''Atlantic Denture Clinic was owned by 51-year-old Gabriel Wortman and the signage on the building was upsetting area residents.

“We have had reports from members of the community that they are troubled by the presence of some signage on one of the properties in Dartmouth belonging to the person responsible for the recent mass tragedy in Nova Scotia,” reads a press release from the HRP.

“The property is located at 193 Portland Street. Due to the extraordinary nature of this event and the impact it has had on the community, in an effort to mitigate any potential public safety issues, the Chief of Police used appropriate police authorities to have the signage removed from the property.”

''Nova Scotia is grieving the loss of so many of our family and friends. And yet, we have a smile along Portland St in Downtown Dartmouth that is a painful reminder of the cowardess (sic) acts of a local Denturist. We want him forgotten. Every second it stays up is a slap in the face to the victims and their families. It needs to come down now. Please remove it.”

During the presser, they indicated that they did not know that GW had the fake RCMP cruiser and uniform until Sunday morning - sometime between 7am and 8am. They did not elaborate about who gave them this info.

Could it be possible that the perimeter was fully set up but that they inadvertently let GW through because they thought he was one of their own? If they truly thought they had him within the perimeter, this might also explain why they did not issue a broader alert until Sunday morning.

JMO

I wonder that too. And also if GW called 911 concocting some type of fabricated information under the guise he was a panicked resident which led the RCMP to believe the shooter was contained within the perimeter?

As impostering an RCMP officer was his game plan, intentionally misleading the RCMP in other ways might’ve been involved as well.

Also just something I found interesting while tracking down property information etc. If he wasn’t well off then he had to have accumulated massive amounts of debt. His home on Portapique beach rd wasn’t a typical cottage, it was a darn mansion. Also the building/shop on his second property on orchard beach dr appears to be quite massive as well. I have a feeling this guy thought he was better than everyone that he ever came in contact with whether it be in Portapique or in Dartmouth Jmo

Last edited:
That article is really a jumble of information with sketchy sourcing. Investigators say the domestic partner was targeted, and that there are dead bodies at her house, but can't say if she is among the dead? That seems like an impossible combination.

I still think this all stems from the Warmington article, and it may be accurate. It hasn't been confirmed by any family or RCMP. I would say it has been repeated but not confirmed by other media. I've read some speculation as to who the partner is, but certainly can't confirm it. If there is a domestic partner victim, I'm not sure that she was the co-worker at the clinic.

There is definitely an error in the article. If the rampage started on his street, there doesn't seem to be anyone who would fit the description of an ex partner and her new boyfriend. The reported victims on the street appear to be married couples and helpers.

The only reported victims who seem to be partners but not married would be the corrections officers in Wentworth. That would line up with the ABC News article stating that the house was burned down and "other people" were shot when they came to try to help. It seems like the other people killed in Wentworth were walking or going to check on the fire at the corrections officers' home. But the Wentworth killing was later in the night.

Here's a map with the different general locations (towns) identified by LE.

Attachments

• EnfieldMap.png
    EnfieldMap.png
    178.4 KB · Views: 31
Also just something I found interesting while tracking down property information etc. If he wasn’t well off then he had to have accumulated massive amounts of debt. His home on Portapique beach rd wasn’t a typical cottage, it was a darn mansion. Also the building/shop on his second property on orchard beach dr appears to be quite massive as well. I have a feeling this guy thought he was better than everyone that he ever came in contact with whether it be in Portapique or in Dartmouth Jmo

do you have a link to a picture of his mansion?

The sign now reminds me of The Joker's evil garish smile, imo.

Wikipedia
Halifax Police Remove Signs For Denture Clinic Owned By Gunman - Huddle
dentures4.jpg

Atlantic Denture Clinic
''Atlantic Denture Clinic was owned by 51-year-old Gabriel Wortman and the signage on the building was upsetting area residents.

“We have had reports from members of the community that they are troubled by the presence of some signage on one of the properties in Dartmouth belonging to the person responsible for the recent mass tragedy in Nova Scotia,” reads a press release from the HRP.

“The property is located at 193 Portland Street. Due to the extraordinary nature of this event and the impact it has had on the community, in an effort to mitigate any potential public safety issues, the Chief of Police used appropriate police authorities to have the signage removed from the property.”

''Nova Scotia is grieving the loss of so many of our family and friends. And yet, we have a smile along Portland St in Downtown Dartmouth that is a painful reminder of the cowardess (sic) acts of a local Denturist. We want him forgotten. Every second it stays up is a slap in the face to the victims and their families. It needs to come down now. Please remove it.”

Here's the updated picture with the 2 sets of teeth removed, I think they removed the front door signage as well.

View attachment 244036

Big smile on alleged Nova Scotia shooter's dental clinic removed | The Guardian
Tim Bousquet

@Tim_Bousquet
BREAKING NEWS: The teeth are down
Tim Bousquet on Twitter

Tim Bousquet
@Tim_Bousquet

Photo by Sean Dewitt:
DB116251-E407-40E9-8354-680F490BFAEB.jpeg
Tim Bousquet on Twitter

‘HGC’ is on the side of the van. It’s a moving company.

Very happy they’re down.

In this article:
"Leather said it was between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. Sunday that police received information the shooter was dressed as an RCMP officer and driving a vehicle made to look like a police cruiser. He said this was after a key witness was located and interviewed.

Leather said as soon as police had those details, they were immediately tweeted out by communications staff. The tweet was sent at 9:21 a.m."

I would like to know more about this "key witness".

JMO.
From The Guardian: “
One resident told the Globe and Mail that Wortman arrived at his house Sunday morning, dressed as a police officer and driving what appeared to be a police car. Brandishing a pistol and rifle, Wortman began pounding on the door. “He came here to kill me,” the man told the Globe and Mail. “There’s no question about that.”

The man and his wife hid until Wortman left. “He wasn’t killing enemies, he was killing his friends,” he said. “He was trying to beat down our door. It was beyond terrifying.””

Is there a free property search database in NS? I found one that wants $99 a month!
Nova Scotia civil address finder can be used to find lot numbers and sizes and compared to those around it. It also shows the footprint of the structure compared to those around it. But If you want access to the actual property records for exact parcel size dwelling info etc you either need a subscription or dig around outside WS to find that information that someone may or may not of posted online....

The assessed value of his property at 200 Portapique Beach Road was $178,000 and at 136 Orchard Beach Drive was $70,200. No street mapping in the area and google maps doesn't zoom in very close so not sure what the house might look.

Bing maps gets a bit closer, I can't get a screen shot but this should link to the 1st property above:

Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member