CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle and uniform, 23 killed - Portapique, NS *suspect dead*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand why LE thought he was likely in the perimeter. Given his property was torched would possibly indicate a suicide. There were so many hours before he resurfaced and they only knew of 3 cars and not the fourth. Killer had so much on his side. Sadly.

And with random men dead on the street and in the homes, it would take them some time to determine that the gun deaths were not self-inflicted. As time went on after midnight and there were no more shots or fires (until after 9AM), I think they reasonably thought the situation was contained and he was likely one of the deceased. That may have led to the hesitancy to issue an alert. IMO I think it would have had to been immediately (when the tweets went out) or you'd get the bureaucratic issues we saw here with the passage of time.

PC An emergency alert was not sent out Saturday evening as LE felt they had the area well contained and believed the suspect to either be in the area, escaped, or to have committed suicide in one of his buildings.

They suspected him to be dead given it was reported he had 3 LE style vehicles and all 3 were accounted for. 2 were burning at his resident in Portapique and one was discovered by LE at his residence in Halifax.
He had 3 LE style vehicles and they were all accounted for that night? So where does the "fake" cop car he was seen in the video come from? I'm confused again. The "fake" cop car would make 4 he owned. People knew he had them and even had the RCMP looking uniform and still this guy wasn't reported or looked into? He was just a disaster waiting to happen. I think all the signs were there. JMO

He had 3 LE style vehicles and they were all accounted for that night? So where does the "fake" cop car he was seen in the video come from? I'm confused again. The "fake" cop car would make 4 he owned. People knew he had them and even had the RCMP looking uniform and still this guy wasn't reported or looked into? He was just a disaster waiting to happen. I think all the signs were there. JMO

Possibly unregistered and LE didn't know about it.

He owned 4. Only 3 were registered. The 4th was not and appears to be unplated in the video where he stops to put a vest on.

I don't know where it was kept. Two were reported as out in the open at his residence and were seen burning. The other in Halifax at his place there. Perhaps the fourth was in his other building at the Portapique scene?

Would like to hear from someone who knows or has a link.

I got the feeling that at this press conference they weren’t near as convinced of the amount of premeditation.

They made a lot stronger statements earlier on in the investigation.

I do wonder if they have learned things that have caused them to back off that hard line a bit.

jmo

I thought they had said there was significant pre planning?

I wonder if the fact that the replica vehicle he ultimately used was unplated also leans toward it being more of an impulse spree rather than pre-planned. While a plate can identify a vehicle if you know what you're looking for, an unplated vehicle looks immediately hinky and unsettling to anybody.
How could he get a plate for the "fake" cop car, that would have alerted the police more I think. This guy didn't go by any rules but his own I think. He was a ticking time bomb IMO

He owned 4. Only 3 were registered. The 4th was not and appears to be unplated in the video where he stops to put a vest on.

I don't know where it was kept. Two were reported as out in the open at his residence and were seen burning. The other in Halifax at his place there. Perhaps the fourth was in his other building at the Portapique scene?

Would like to hear from someone who knows or has a link.

I believe this to likely be the case. I’d be interested to know as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member