CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle and uniform, 23 killed - Portapique, NS *suspect dead*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Killer kept that car hidden. I still believe he has a rampage planned. The argument may have been a trigger for sooner rather than later. Yet we may truly never know.
It's possible the GF might shed some info on that, though it's also possible she didn't have any idea. I'm glad she's free of that monster and I hope she has a strong support system and this has got to be torture for her (which is what he wanted, UGH!).

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Also in the press conference they describe how Const. Morrison was waiting in his cruiser at Hwy 2 and 224, expecting Const. Stevenson to meet him there in her cruiser. Instead, GW pulled up in the fake cruiser and shot at him. Morrison retreated and radioed that he had been shot. Meantime, Stevenson continued on her way to the rendezvous point and collided head on with GW in the fake cruiser on Hwy 2.

They said they didn't have any evidence that GW was listening in on a scanner and that their communications are encrypted, but it seems like a weird coincidence that GW happened by while Const. Morrison was waiting there.

Will have to wait for a tape of the presser to rewatch to be sure I didn't misunderstand.

MOO.

The girlfriend wasn't the only one hiding in the woods. A victims brother also hid in the woods until 4am.
True, but he was farther up the road as when he came upon his dead brother he ran away from the scene into the woods.

Also in the press conference they describe how Const. Morrison was waiting in his cruiser at Hwy 2 and 224, expecting Const. Stevenson to meet him there in her cruiser. Instead, GW pulled up in the fake cruiser and shot at him. Morrison retreated and radioed that he had been shot. Meantime, Stevenson continued on her way to the rendezvous point and collided head on with GW in the fake cruiser on Hwy 2.

They said they didn't have any evidence that GW was listening in on a scanner and that their communications are encrypted, but it seems like a weird coincidence that GW happened by while Const. Morrison was waiting there.

Will have to wait for a tape of the presser to rewatch to be sure I didn't misunderstand.

MOO.

It is strange. Though remember, he was on his way to Gina Goulets's residence which is not far from there.

But yes, the timing is uncanny.

https:
I wonder if the fact that the replica vehicle he ultimately used was unplated also leans toward it being more of an impulse spree rather than pre-planned. While a plate can identify a vehicle if you know what you're looking for, an unplated vehicle looks immediately hinky and unsettling to anybody.

IMO the term “unplated” in the RCMP news conference meant that three decommissioned police vehicles were registered. They found two burnt at Portapique and one in Dartmouth. They did not know about a fourth unplated (unregistered?) vehicle until Sunday morning.

Does “ Unplated” necessarily mean there wasn’t a false licence plate attached to the mockup vehicle?

I didn't catch the name of the gentleman who did the press conference when I watched it but I wanted to acknowledge him. He's RCMP Supt. Darren Campbell and he did a great job.

Unfortunately they haven't published the name of the woman who did the French speaking but she did great as well.

The map they used to illustrate the killer's path is in this link.

Gunman's resemblance to police officer made chase dangerous and complicated, says RCMP

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova...investigation-press-conference-live-1.5542859

shooter-map-1.jpg

https:

IMO the term “unplated” in the RCMP news conference meant that three decommissioned police vehicles were registered. They found two burnt at Portapique and one in Dartmouth. They did not know about a fourth unplated (unregistered?) vehicle until Sunday morning.

Does “ Unplated” necessarily mean there wasn’t a false licence plate attached to the mockup vehicle?

I’ve taken unplated as literal in this case. The security video of him on his vest stop shows there was no plate on the rear of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TawnyTRC