CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle and uniform, 23 killed - Portapique, NS *suspect dead*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible the GF might shed some info on that, though it's also possible she didn't have any idea. I'm glad she's free of that monster and I hope she has a strong support system and this has got to be torture for her (which is what he wanted, UGH!).

jmo

I got the feeling that at this press conference they weren’t near as convinced of the amount of premeditation.

They made a lot stronger statements earlier on in the investigation.

I do wonder if they have learned things that have caused them to back off that hard line a bit.

jmo

Per the press conference
snipped by me
He killed her changed to civilian clothing transferred his weapons to her Mazda 3 vehicle and continued towards Enfield where he encountered LE officers at the Irving big stop

This leaves zero doubt, that had the ERT officers not seen / intercepted GW at the Gas Stop, there were additional people in Dartmouth / Halifax whom would now be dead. Although some significant mistakes were made, on the whole, the RCMP put their lives at risk and saved many other lives, by killing GW. RIP Heidi Stevenson and thank-you all front-line Police Officers.

ADMIN NOTE:

Argumentative and personal attack posts have been removed. If members can't post in a civil fashion and in accordance with Websleuths TOS, a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges will occur.

A new thread will be started shortly but I don't want to interrupt the discussion of the presser at this time.

I got the feeling that at this press conference they weren’t near as convinced of the amount of premeditation.

I do wonder if they have learned things that have caused them to back off that hard line a bit.

jmo
So are we leaning towards a building rage at this point rather than premeditated? If there was a plan to use the mock up vehicle, surely he would have put a plate on it. Reports that the mock up vehicle was known to police? Reports of domestic abuse go all the way back to bonfires in 2004. Several reports of a drinking problem but no reports of drugs.

Here is a reporter from Halifax's tweeting of the PC including maps.

Sarah Ritchie on Twitter

RCMP have released a map with time stamps of when the killings began in each area.
-Saturday 10:26 PM Portapique
-Sunday 9:35 AM Wentworth
-Sunday 10:08 AM Debert
-Sunday 10:49 AM Shubenacadie
-Sunday 11:26 AM Enfield

10:49AM Shubenacadie is interesting - So the 10:55AM time stamp on the video from Millbrook First Nations must be incorrect? About 20 minutes off?

Also, with this timeline - does this make it possible that GW was at the Onslow Belmont Fire Hall when the shooting occurred there?

So are we leaning towards a building rage at this point rather than premeditated? If there was a plan to use the mock up vehicle, surely he would have put a plate on it. Reports that the mock up vehicle was known to police? Reports of domestic abuse go all the way back to bonfires in 2004. Several reports of a drinking problem but no reports of drugs.

i think it’s still too early to tell. Jmo

That would be my impression - maybe something he always thought about, but put the plan into action in a moment of rage.

The RCMP and the public were much better served by this spokesperson.

My impression after hearing him was that the tactical response was thorough; communications were a failing. There was an absolute horror show on Saturday night. People needed to be alerted that there was potentially someone on the loose.

10:49AM Shubenacadie is interesting - So the 10:55AM time stamp on the video from Millbrook First Nations must be incorrect? About 20 minutes off?

Also according to a ctv article I posted last night, a LE helicopter spotted burning vehicles at 10:14 at the interchange of hwy 2 and 224. The times in this case are so confusing

Also according to a ctv article I posted last night, a LE helicopter spotted burning vehicles at 10:14 at the interchange of hwy 2 and 224. The times in this case are so confusing
Hmm.. that time can't be anywhere close to correct. Heather O'Brien's daughter said that her mother sent a text at 9:59 and was killed before 10:15, and I'm sure they have an exact time for Constable Stevenson's death - likely 10:49.

What better car to use than the one unknown to LE. I mean, it obviously worked for him, didn't it?

I can understand why LE thought he was likely in the perimeter. Given his property was torched would possibly indicate a suicide. There were so many hours before he resurfaced and they only knew of 3 cars and not the fourth. Killer had so much on his side. Sadly.

jmo

I was thinking that too. LE would have learned whether or not GW knew his GF escaped or not. I think that fact could help interpreting what happened after. I.e. if he knew she escaped, did he panic and kill his neighbors who could have helped her? If he thought she was still in the house and it was burning down, did he decide to get "revenge" against people who disrespected him (in his mind) by killing his neighbors and friends?

Thankfully the GF is alive and while it will be very difficult for her she can help LE and the criminal academic world understand what may have happened to try to prevent it from happening again and/or improve responses.

I can understand why LE thought he was likely in the perimeter. Given his property was torched would possibly indicate a suicide. There were so many hours before he resurfaced and they only knew of 3 cars and not the fourth. Killer had so much on his side. Sadly.

I think can see why suicide would’ve been a possibility as well after murdering people in their homes, setting raging fires, killing neighbours leaving their homes with the thought of assisting, after causing all possible devastation... Then once emergency responders begin to arrive, flood lights, heavily armed patrols, armed roadblocks, yes often suicide is the conclusion. It’s very sad, not only for the subsequent victims but that he didn’t just end it all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member