Canada - Shooting spree in Moncton, NB, leaves 3 RCMP officers dead, 2 injured, June 2014 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Truth be told I think I would have to have a cocktail or 3 if I was holed up in my house. I would be a wreck.

Truth be told I think I would have to have a cocktail or 3 if I was holed up in my house. I would be a wreck.

Imagine if you are holed up in there with the dog and a couple kiddos. :scared:

Good points that article makes about visible warning signs in this case:

I guess no one ever thinks that someone they know will actually go on a rampage like this, but still.....they are some serious and overt signals that all was not well in his world. JMO.

Absolutely great point. I would like to add though, that the article pulls together observations from different people, a number of years apart. With hindsight it is easy to pull these points together.

The woman who worked with JB at Walmart, when he was a teen, referred to comments made 4 years ago or more, and, well, he was a teen. Yes, many of us here are familiar with the "flags" that his comments would have thrown up, but what if that female co-worker was a young naive teen herself at the time. Likely she wrote him off as simply 'strange'. Do you go to the police with that??

His 'best friend when he was growing up' talked about the strange 'farewell comments' that JB made a few weeks ago. It sounds like he hadn't talked to JB in quite a while. The Business Insider article quoted the buddy as saying that JB's family was wonderful (yet JB's parents had made JB stop hanging around with him because he was "too competitive" in hockey) and that it was horrible to watch JB's parents and sisters being rounded up by the police today. (Another friend was quoted as saying JB had one sister and a brother. Which was it??)

http://www.businessinsider.com/justin-bourque-cop-killer-shooter-2014-6

I think we have to take some of these comments with a grain of salt and a large dose of context.

That's not to say I don't believe there weren't signs. I'm guessing there were plenty. It's just that different people saw them, in different situations, each bringing their own perspective at the time.

Mush brain here also Bravo

Thought and prayers for the safety of all law enforcement and the folks of Moncton tonight. Although i'm thousands of miles away, i will leave my porch light on through the night as a show of support and another little beacon of light through the darkness.

:grouphug:

Imagine if you are holed up in there with the dog and a couple kiddos. :scared:

Oh man. Then I couldn't have cocktails. Sure would have to try to make it an "adventure" for children as not to scare them.

Night all :seeya: Extra Prayers tonight as I drift off :please:

Mush brain here also Bravo

Thought and prayers for the safety of all law enforcement and the folks of Moncton tonight. Although i'm thousands of miles away, i will leave my porch light on through the night as a show of support and another little beacon of light through the darkness.

:grouphug:

Hugs Back and lovely of you to do so :seeya: Off I go.......

The one sure lesson the criminal courts teaches is the dreadful, tragic, past-redemption state of the family, how many children don’t know their fathers, how many careless parents there are and how many cruel ones, how so many kids raise themselves essentially and have no eyes watching over them.

....These mass killers, he wrote, are often aspirational — in that they tend to target those in a bracket or two above them, whether economic or social. They kill what they can’t or don’t have or become. They feel entitled, somehow.

........demanding of the RCMP this and that, a smoke, a call to his dad, his cell phone. He’d just been arrested for the murder of a teenage girl, but damn it, he wanted his damn phone. Now. He wanted it, you see.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...ntry-two-alleged-killers-draw-mass-attention/

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...ntry-two-alleged-killers-draw-mass-attention/

So very sorry you had to have such a horrible experience. Good for you tho on your positive path :seeya:
TY. I really do feel angry sometimes, but there is nothing wrong with anger as long as you channel it in the correct way. What's eerie about JB, there's nothing to suggest he is angry -- at anything specific, at least. As Popsicle pointed out, he doesn't seem to be an injustice collector. But, some of his comments in recent weeks and his obsession with guns hints of paranoia. I'm not suggesting a mental illness defense for this guy (it's all well premeditated), but I think the drugs -- which he has chosen to take -- have altered his thinking.

The one sure lesson the criminal courts teaches is the dreadful, tragic, past-redemption state of the family, how many children don’t know their fathers, how many careless parents there are and how many cruel ones, how so many kids raise themselves essentially and have no eyes watching over them.

....These mass killers, he wrote, are often aspirational — in that they tend to target those in a bracket or two above them, whether economic or social. They kill what they can’t or don’t have or become. They feel entitled, somehow.

........demanding of the RCMP this and that, a smoke, a call to his dad, his cell phone. He’d just been arrested for the murder of a teenage girl, but damn it, he wanted his damn phone. Now. He wanted it, you see.

bbm The aspirational aspect is very interesting. I noticed that Bourque apparently didn't go to university or have a career, he was living in a trailer park, was on the social 'out' according to his neighbours.........it's often those guys isn't it?? Dissatisfied with their lives, and driven by god-knows-what internally, they externalise it onto society and 'punish' it for their own inadequacies. JMO.

TY. I really do feel angry sometimes, but there is nothing wrong with anger as long as you channel it in the correct way. What's eerie about JB, there's nothing to suggest he is angry -- at anything specific, at least. As Popsicle pointed out, he doesn't seem to be an injustice collector. But, some of his comments in recent weeks and his obsession with guns hints of paranoia. I'm not suggesting a mental illness defense for this guy (it's all well premeditated), but I think the drugs -- which he has chosen to take -- have altered his thinking.

I think he could well have a mental illness or personality disorder and still systematically plan this terrible event (and that doesn't absolve him of any guilt, either!). Reading his FB page, it wouldn't surprise me if he's highly paranoid and has a persecution complex, which the drugs would exacerbate. Even marijuana would heighten any delusions that he already had.

It sounds like drug use has tipped him over......:scared: And I agree with what someone said earlier - this does not seem like someone on heroin. This is far more like someone fuelled by amphetamines or something similar.

And I agree with you Indy Anna - what's chilling is the control he's exhibiting...he looks so casual in those photos, walking around with his weapons. He's not in a psychotic rage by the look of things. And that's scary to me - the premeditation and the chilling calmness.

BpYonehIcAAwPH6.jpg

morg ‏@morgynd_ 9h

this guy has got 20 hours on us, time to bring it up a notch #prayformoncton pic.twitter.com/Dp6IXReRnl

STEPHENSON: Manhunt has Moncton ‘hauntingly quiet’

MARILLA STEPHENSON
Published June 5, 2014 - 7:48pm
Last Updated June 5, 2014 - 8:02pm

A huge tactical operation on Mountain Road through the afternoon, including three large armoured vehicles, dozens of officers in tactical uniform, two dog teams and cordoned streets, raised hopes that the suspect, Justin Bourque, 24, had at least been cornered.

The target property was a rooming house at 917 Mountain Rd., wedged between a tire shop and an out-of-business Chinese restaurant.

But after moving in on the building shortly after 3 p.m., the police stood down at 3:18 p.m. The suspect was not there.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/opinio...moncton-hauntingly-quiet#.U5D1DB66J6w.twitter

Read megadealth lyrics came across this line
This spells out FREEDOM, it means nothing to me
As long as there's P.M.R.C (boner highlight is NOT me!!)

Looked it up here is pmrc is.........

noun: a group of hypocritical *advertiser censored*-faces who decided to black mark every album containing explicit photos, lyrics, or themes because they felt violence in children stemmed from music media. apparently they thought it was ok for jesus boner parents to force christian rock that preaches bible messages and one-way mindsets of life down their kids throats, while punk, metal, and rap were all deemed "bad" cuz they either say ****, pussy, or anarchy in the lyrics. more to the point, these three music genres all encourage people to convey their own individuality and self-expressive capabilities. once again, these people are douchebags.

Eliminates incompetence, and those who break the laws
Follow the instructions of the New Way's Evil Book of Rules
Replacing rights with wrongs, the files and records in the schools

I'm not a fish
I'm a man
Hook in mouth

humm what about music that makes you feel goodness.........

I lasted 24 seconds!
Megadeth - Hook In Mouth - YouTube

1 of 6 kids.

Read megadealth lyrics came across this line
This spells out FREEDOM, it means nothing to me
As long as there's P.M.R.C (boner highlight is NOT me!!)

Looked it up here is pmrc is.........

noun: a group of hypocritical *advertiser censored*-faces who decided to black mark every album containing explicit photos, lyrics, or themes because they felt violence in children stemmed from music media. apparently they thought it was ok for jesus boner parents to force christian rock that preaches bible messages and one-way mindsets of life down their kids throats, while punk, metal, and rap were all deemed "bad" cuz they either say ****, pussy, or anarchy in the lyrics. more to the point, these three music genres all encourage people to convey their own individuality and self-expressive capabilities. once again, these people are douchebags.

Eliminates incompetence, and those who break the laws
Follow the instructions of the New Way's Evil Book of Rules
Replacing rights with wrongs, the files and records in the schools

I'm not a fish
I'm a man
Hook in mouth

humm what about music that makes you feel goodness.........

I lasted 24 seconds!
Megadeth - Hook In Mouth - YouTube

1 of 6 kids.

Very interesting CARIIS :seeya:

A little angry at his "Jesus boner" parents maybe??........Who'd have thought?? :facepalm:

Again with the similarities: Israel Keyes violently rejected the Christian values he had been brought up with in a large, home-schooled Christian family...........(although he was technically a serial killer rather than a mass murderer)

In many videos I see crowds within feet of LE --why aren;t they telling them all to get inside?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski
Back