CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the perp thought to get rid of her genetic details that may be traced back to him. It is puzzling that if he has nothing to do with the place she lived in, that he would feel it neccessary to remove her from HER home, doesn't it?

When I saw the 2 front doors open on her car, I wondered why he did that? and the trunk left open too???? To me that screams I want this car to be noticed! Look What I did! Like a child that wants to show you something he did......for what?

To be caught is what I think he was thinking. The sooner he's caught the better it will be for us.

The Mark's Work Wearhouse boots worn by Varaschin's killer cost about $130, and Eadie said it would be suspicious to the killer's family or co-workers if he or she casually discarded them for no apparent reason.

If they were well-worn, then wear patterns on their soles can make them truly distinctive, he said.

People with information are asked to call the Orangeville Police Service tip line at (519) 941-2522, ext. 2211 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

This makes me think that the wear on the soles matters in this case.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/cri...se-s-killer-though-a-footprint-no-easy-matter

I noticed that she had signed up to a community site, Care2, in 2007. Doesn't look like she posted on there though. It does list her birth date as July 16, 1968 but the thing I found most interesting was the user name she used. It was jasmineandco and in searching that user name there was an account on Plenty of Fish with that name that was cancelled in January of this year. The age of the person was listed as 41 which she would have been at that time.

She didn't seem the type to sign up on a dating site but who knows? And if it was her, what prompted her to cancel the account?

http://www.care2.com/c2c/people/profile.html?view=personal&pid=760613069#tabs

LE have stated they have a 'number of persons of interest'
Sept 8, 2010 3:13pm
http://www.torontosun.com/news/cana...html#/news/canada/2010/09/08/pf-15288436.html

I hope in this case the culprit is apprehended and brought to justice swiftly. I hadn't commented on this case at any other time, the sheer brutality exhibited by the perpertrator is shocking. Why the need to remove her from her home - with the huge risks involved in that - and dump her on the side of a road. If he feared detection in the home from her screams and the possibility of being caught, the fact that he took so much time to wrap her body and place it in the trunk and drive away doesn't really speak to someone that had 'snapped' and panicked and killed her.

LE hasn't come out to state directly to the public in the belief this could be some 'unknown assailant' .. so it makes me think one of their 'persons of interest' could pan out to be one who did this to her. Truly I'm shaken by the level of violence and brazenness of this crime. It's so sad to learn that those who heard her sceams did not contact authorities. :(

I wonder if the perp thought to get rid of her genetic details that may be traced back to him. It is puzzling that if he has nothing to do with the place she lived in, that he would feel it neccessary to remove her from HER home, doesn't it?

When I saw the 2 front doors open on her car, I wondered why he did that? and the trunk left open too???? To me that screams I want this car to be noticed! Look What I did! Like a child that wants to show you something he did......for what?

To be caught is what I think he was thinking. The sooner he's caught the better it will be for us.

@Subconscius - do you mean 'genetic details' as in her fighting him and the possibility of his skin/dna under her fingernails, etc - as being the reasoning behind removing her from the house?

Take your height and multiply it by .15 (using the 15% "rule" above), you should get your foot size (apx.), according to the theory above.

Thanks to everyone for all the info on shoes and size. It was interesting and the formula worked for me.

Thanks to everyone for all the info on shoes and size. It was interesting and the formula worked for me.

What am I doing wrong with the equation Ruby? I'm 5 ft 2, and wear a size 5. Do I use inches or centimetres? Math is not this blonde's strong point...:waitasec:

I noticed that she had signed up to a community site, Care2, in 2007. Doesn't look like she posted on there though. It does list her birth date as July 16, 1968 but the thing I found most interesting was the user name she used. It was jasmineandco and in searching that user name there was an account on Plenty of Fish with that name that was cancelled in January of this year. The age of the person was listed as 41 which she would have been at that time.

She didn't seem the type to sign up on a dating site but who knows? And if it was her, what prompted her to cancel the account?

Great sleuthing Kamille! This could be something.

What am I doing wrong with the equation Ruby? I'm 5 ft 2, and wear a size 5. Do I use inches or centimetres? Math is not this blonde's strong point...:waitasec:

I used inches. I did yours. You are the exception to the rule, it says you should be wearing a 9. LOL

Yeah, that's what I got too. Thanks:) Good to know my math may not be as bad as I thought it was.....

If I wore a size 9 I think that my shoes would be bigger than my entire leg!

I have had a couple of friends us the POF site, they too cancelled their accounts as they met up with some really weird guys.

Do you have a direct link to the site? I am getting the plenty of fish site up but I keep getting a Jasmine07.

Does anyone know of this site? I just picked it up. There is a psychic who has written on it and she said to check the dumpster behind the mall by the Home Depot where the boots will be found. She claims that a ghost told her this. She also describes the possible perp ( 6'1" about 170 lbs, goes into more detail).

I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone else had heard of it?

I think that this person knew her and knew she lived alone. All men in her life should be checked out including relatives. I find it hard to believe that she would leave her door unlocked as a single woman. Could she have left a ket somewhere outside?

According to this psychic that I mentioned he is a cabinet maker or something like that if I am interpreting it correctly. Why haven;t the police mentioned that they are talking to all of her co-workers as well? What if there was some construction done at her workplace and the perp overheard where she lives?

Does anyone know of this site? I just picked it up. There is a psychic who has written on it and she said to check the dumpster behind the mall by the Home Depot where the boots will be found. She claims that a ghost told her this. She also describes the possible perp ( 6'1" about 170 lbs, goes into more detail).

I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone else had heard of it?

I think that this person knew her and knew she lived alone. All men in her life should be checked out including relatives. I find it hard to believe that she would leave her door unlocked as a single woman. Could she have left a ket somewhere outside?

According to this psychic that I mentioned he is a cabinet maker or something like that if I am interpreting it correctly. Why haven;t the police mentioned that they are talking to all of her co-workers as well? What if there was some construction done at her workplace and the perp overheard where she lives?

Welcome. I posted about that site with a link earlier today. I read it, not sure if anyone else did. There was interesting info and far fetched info.

Here is link again.

http://www.squidoo.com/jessicaneilsonapsychicinvestigation#module117505171

I couldn't remember where I go the link, thank you Ruby Red.

I do feel that some information may be way out there, but psychic can be right on many things if they are authentic.

I also wondered if she could have met someone recently through online dating. As well, she lived away from her family and she could have lead a double life or at the least a very private life away from her family and friends. I know many people now who use the computer dating service but they meet people in public places so perhaps she knew this murderer... or so she thought.

I am wondering when we will hear more of her personal life and quotes from some of her colleagues. This will give us a clearer picture of how she could have possibly met the person who did this to her.

this link is not working for me, I remember that link from the Tori case. She had some real far fetched stuff on it from that case.

It took me three times. First it said unable to connect to host, third time it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025