CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this re-location might serve several functions: buying time and evidence degradation are 2 key ones. But there could be others. A number of experts in this case have indicated the killer was familiar with the area where Sonia was found -- and yet he didn't move her body futher into the more remote area where a number of people have suggested discovery would have been much less likely. So he wanted time (perhaps to establish alibi, dispose of stained clothing, or to otherwise have space so that folks aren't "looking" for oddities that we might otherwise have done, if Sonia's death had been announced immediately in the news. I'm thinking about facial scratches, muscle or back strains, etc). And yet -- it is likely he also wanted her found, perhaps because of some compulsion-obsession with her.... Too, I wonder if placing her in a public but remote space may have allowed him opportunity to visit her....

I don't think this murder was necessarily planned in advance, but as I have always posted, I think the killer is highly organized. He had the cold logic to wrap her in sheets to facilitate transport and hide his acts. He managed to locate her keys and relocate her (for whatever his purposes were) and to do all of this wholly undetected in the middle of suburbia. I have never agreed with LE that (unnecessary) risks were taken. I would profile him as highly intelligent AND with an inflated self-worth (but not, I deeply feel, so smart that LE won't catch up eventually. We just need the right tips). I think he parked his car not close to Sonia's home because he has a habit of careful distance and some tendencies to paranoia. But I equally believe he doesn't "read" as a social misfit. I assume he had been in Sonia's house before as a former partner, friend, co-worker, maintenance person (although my own sense he would be a wc professional), neighbour or other and may have been watching her by technology (or other means) that would equally have been removed from the scene. (see more below.)
I should have quoted to let you know what resonates with me most.. I cant for all of them but some def make sense more then others to me. Yours seem to be spot on to what I am thinking these days. If I can find the other big one I will but had to do with someone not knowing but wondering using their "gut" so much is all falling into place and after the video, using software and getting still shots Im in shock but shouldnt be because Ive wondered as each thing was revealed. Only problem I have is, I really wish LE had made some things public a LONG time ago, it would have helped SO much! Alot that didnt come out until waay later would have helped. I get the reasons why le waits on some things, but not some in this case. Been soo long certain msgs, pictures, locations are gone and changed.. memories too, but not all.. they just waited too darn long for some things why?

I am thinking I ought to have posted a warning with the link above, since some of the content in the case studies is fairly graphic (I only posted it for the "older" distinctions between organized and disorganized types, and have only re-read the case studies now, myself.) Although I would agree with more current criticisms that these "types" can't be so neatly classed, I still have the sense that in Sonia's case, the perp much more closely resembles organized nonsocial than anything else. I also think it's critically important that first expert responders "read" the scene correctly; when physical and other details get interpreted in particular ways, the result is a *production* of the crime scene rather than its description.

It's devastating that so much time has passed without justice for Sonia and her family. What are we missing????
It was this just so you all dont think Im crazy or something. Just forget my way around here sorry..

Any connection Sonia may have had to the POF site has since been dismissed right?.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ouverite-behind-plenty-of-fish/article601186/

"The PlentyofFish app lets them go to a bar, see who else is single, load prospects’ photos and profiles onto their phones, send messages and select from the following options: yes, no or maybe later. It’s a brutal world of rapid-fire decisions, perfectly suited to the central Markus Frind tenet: “Adapt or die.”

snip

"In May, the Toronto Star reported that PlentyofFish might provide clues to the unsolved murder of Sonia Varaschin. The 42-year-old nurse, whose body was discovered in a field in Caledon, Ontario, had been a member of the site. Reports speculated that Varaschin had met her killer on PlentyofFish, or that a hacker had found her details there and hunted her down. In truth, Varaschin had not been active on the site for years, and Frind is adamant her personal information was never accessed by a hacker.

But in this business, perception is everything.

During the media swirl—as if summoned by the cyber-verse—Chris Russo rematerialized. This time, news outlets were reviving an old e-mail statement he made to the Vancouver Province, saying that he “discovered a vulnerability in www.PlentyofFish.com, exposing user details such as user names, addresses, phone numbers, real names, e-mail addresses, passwords in plain text and in most cases, PayPal accounts. …This vulnerability was under active exploitation by hackers.”

Frind countered, saying PlentyofFish “deletes all e-mails after 30 days, even if you are an active user. We don’t collect phone numbers or PayPal accounts and never have.”

Still, a few weeks after the flurry of news, I mention to an acquaintance in Toronto—a young woman in her 20s—that I’m working on a story about PlentyofFish. She winces. That’s where that psycho met the woman who was murdered, she says".

Interesting look at the video From Germany posted. It shows the front of the condo and at 00:49 you can see blood on the steps. Shortly after that there is another clip of a blue bin placed over the top of the steps like it was covering evidence... more blood? You can see how close the garage is to the steps but the killer still took great risk moving her body.

http://video.news.canoe.ca/video/se...ttention-varaschin-investigator/959334212001/

Interesting look at the video From Germany posted. It shows the front of the condo and at 00:49 you can see blood on the steps. Shortly after that there is another clip of a blue bin placed over the top of the steps like it was covering evidence... more blood? You can see how close the garage is to the steps but the killer still took great risk moving her body.

http://video.news.canoe.ca/video/se...ttention-varaschin-investigator/959334212001/

rbbm.

Still find it very odd that the killer ( unnecessarily?) moved Sonia's body. So does Sonia's Mom..

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...chin_murder_probe_set_to_enter_new_phase.html
"But another troubling question: Michele can’t understand why somebody would not just leave her body there. Why move it to a field?"

Link thanks to poster TedMac on breaking news thread.
Could this method help identify or narrow down the appearance of the perp in this case?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/19/new-dna-technique-could-put-face-on-unsolved-double-murder/

"The DNA phenotyping service, commercially known as "Snapshot," could put a face on millions of unsolved cases, including international ones, and generate investigative leads when the trail has gone cold.

"This is particularly useful when there are no witnesses, no hits in the DNA database and nothing to go on,"

>snip>

"Traditional forensic analysis treats DNA as a fingerprint, whereas Snapshot treats it as a blueprint -- a genetic description of a person from which physical appearance can be inferred," Greytak said.

Parabon's new technology reads the parts of the human genome that code for the differences in physical appearance between people. Snapshot is able to predict such critical traits as skin color, hair color, eye color and face shape. It can also predict the individual's ancestry as well as highly-detailed traits, like freckles.

Using sophisticated computer algorithms that have been trained on thousands of reference samples, Snapshot translates this raw genetic code into predictions of physical traits. These are then combined to create a composite profile, or "digital mugshot" of an unknown suspect -- with remarkable accuracy, according to the company".

rbbm.

Still find it very odd that the killer ( unnecessarily?) moved Sonia's body. So does Sonia's Mom..

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...chin_murder_probe_set_to_enter_new_phase.html
"But another troubling question: Michele can’t understand why somebody would not just leave her body there. Why move it to a field?"
Maybe it was a Russell Williams strategy.

Maybe the killer was trying to frame someone known to Sonia who lived near there.

Or maybe the killer simply wasn't done with her. [emoji35] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

http://www.news1130.com/2010/12/16/varaschins-mother-appeals-for-help-in-solving-daughters-murder/

Experts from the FBI have helped investigators update their profile of Sonia’s killer, but it is still quite vague: he knows the Orangeville and Caledon areas, was likely using alcohol and drugs and may have acted unusual (irritable, agitated or anxious) on the days before or after her death. Also, he may have missed some appointments and was likely driving around in her car with blood dripping on the outside.

Does it mean, the perp didn't only drive straight to Beech Grove and back to where the car was abandoned? Was he really "driving around"??

http://www.news1130.com/2010/12/16/varaschins-mother-appeals-for-help-in-solving-daughters-murder/

Experts from the FBI have helped investigators update their profile of Sonia’s killer, but it is still quite vague: he knows the Orangeville and Caledon areas, was likely using alcohol and drugs and may have acted unusual (irritable, agitated or anxious) on the days before or after her death. Also, he may have missed some appointments and was likely driving around in her car with blood dripping on the outside.

Does it mean, the perp didn't only drive straight to Beech Grove and back to where the car was abandoned? Was he really "driving around"??

I think this is mentioned since the perp(s) didn't just abandon her car. It was driven into downtown O'ville with blood on it. JMO

I think this is mentioned since the perp(s) didn't just abandon her car. It was driven into downtown O'ville with blood on it. JMO
I think his car was parked close to where he left her car. I don't think it was too far from Sonia's home, as Sonia walked into town frequently according to her mother in media.

I don't know how guardedly to say it. :thinking:
Could it be, that the 2 men in the gazebo aren't perps (as I myself assumed until now), but are witnesses indeed and they saw a "special" car with a "special" driver? Could it be, they are very afraid to testify against an authoritarian, not even for the sum of $50.000?

Further could it be, that there was a "reasoned" (but falsely) suicide between 2010 and 2014?

My guess is derived to the content of a facebook account re Sonia.

Could it be, that the 2 men in the gazebo aren't perps (as I myself assumed until now), but are witnesses indeed and they saw a "special" car with a "special" driver? Could it be, they are very afraid to testify against an authoritarian, not even for the sum of $50.000?

Further could it be, that there was a "reasoned" (but falsely) suicide between 2010 and 2014?

Can you please elaborate and send FB links for further analysis?

Wondering if you are alluding to these events ?

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/1484912-fear-grows-in-orangeville-following-brutal-crime/

" Last summer, an Orangeville store clerk was brutally attacked and left for dead. The woman survived and charges in that case are currently working their way through the courts.

Not long after, a man shot and killed his estranged wife before committing suicide".

Did that man kill himself before Sonia was murdered though? Not sure, based on how that passage was written. JMO

I think the other crimes were mentioned in that article to show that there had been crimes in the area recently, not that the crimes are related. (although anything's possible)

Wondering if you are alluding to these events ?

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/1484912-fear-grows-in-orangeville-following-brutal-crime/

" Last summer, an Orangeville store clerk was brutally attacked and left for dead. The woman survived and charges in that case are currently working their way through the courts.

Not long after, a man shot and killed his estranged wife before committing suicide".

My consideration has nothing to do with the content of your link.
The suicide, which I mean, took place in the middle of December 2013.
:websleuther:

Can you please elaborate and send FB links for further analysis?

I did a search and ... sorry, I'm not able to find the accounts. :blushing:
The one, which I meant, was named: "Find Varaschin's killer". My infos are out of this account, several months ago.

How many people in Orangeville know where the CCTV camera's are, and was the perp caught on those CCTV camera's or not?

If not, that could be a clue.

JMO

Mark's Workwearhouse in Orangeville, Alliston and Bolton.

I don't remember Sonia's car being left only 500 metres away from her house.

I don't know where we are at, but, it seems like the answer is right there and I am one step away

They are sized 10 or 11. The two brands are sold exclusively through Mark's Work Wearhouse. There is one outlet of the chain in Orangeville. Two others are located in Alliston and Bolton.

Varaschin was reported missing on Aug. 30. The 42-year-old had failed to report to work at a Mississauga pharmaceutical company. Police found her bloodied Toyota Corolla less than 500 metres from her townhouse.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/.../varaschin-details.../20100908...

Mark's Workwearhouse in Orangeville, Alliston and Bolton.

I don't remember Sonia's car being left only 500 metres away from her house.

I don't know where we are at, but, it seems like the answer is right there and I am one step away

Pritchard said they want to hear from anyone who knows someone who:

wears boots like the ones shown above
is familiar with the Orangeville area
came home on Aug. 30 with unexplained staining on their clothing or their boots
has since discarded these boots or does so after today's announcement
or has purchased new boots since Aug. 30 for work-related reasons

"A friend, co-worker or spouse will hold the key to solving this crime," Pritchard said. "Anyone who has any doubts or any suspicions is encouraged to call the police so we can look into the matter."

Pritchard said there is nothing to indicate that there is more than one suspect involved in Varaschin's murder.

Read more: http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-say-work-boots-key-clue-in-varaschin-murder-1.550659#ixzz3PuaYAenX

There are professions, where one has "staining on their clothing or their boots" time and again, I think.

Wondergirl, I'm interested in your one and last step! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member