GUILTY Canada - Susan Ryan, 66, & 2 sons killed with crossbow, Toronto, 25 Aug 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.citynews.ca/2016/08/30/a...isk-to-reoffend-after-robbery-convictiondocs/
Accused in crossbow attack was low risk to reoffend after robbery conviction: docs

Ryan had a history of depression, but his mental health improved after receiving counselling while incarcerated, according to a Parole Board of Canada decision that granted Ryan day parole in April 2010.
“You report being depressed at the time as a result of a failed intimate relationship, poor results in university and substantial debts incurred as a result of leading a lifestyle in support of your intimate relationship,” the documents said.
“You told the board that you had invested everything in your two previous relationships and were let down on both occasions. You fell into a depression that you failed to recognize and instead of seeking help you started to rob banks to pay your debt and maintain your lifestyle.”
The documents suggest Ryan had fallen out of contact with his family at some point.
“You told the boards that for the first time in several years you are now actually communicating with close members of your family and that you have spent significant time re-establishing these relationships since your incarceration,” the report states, adding that Ryan was a strong candidate for graduated release.

He lived outside of his means to impress his romantic partners and this is why he was robbing banks? Are you kidding???? I'm thinking he was going to get started with that again, if he hadn't already. JMO

He lived outside of his means to impress his romantic partners and this is why he was robbing banks? Are you kidding???? I'm thinking he was going to get started with that again, if he hadn't already. JMO

Wondering if family members were about to tell, or did tell, the fiancee info about him of which she may been unaware?
speculation.imo.

Wondering if family members were about to tell, or did tell, the fiancee info about him of which she may been unaware? speculation.imo.
The bank robberies were front page news here in Toronto. I think with social media today, you can find out a lot about a person. Her family would have wanted to know more about who she was engaged to. IMO

This is one wacked case, my Lord.

The good people of Ancaster, where the wedding was to be held, are once again scratching their heads at the heinous crimes that have impacted their citizens in recent years.

While his fiancée and her loved ones will be going through life changing hell, they will realize quickly that this horrible crime was likely a blessing in disguise.

To his remaining brother and the victims loved ones - I hope God shows some mercy in years to come, because life must seem like a living hell right now.

As for the escalation of crimes - from dressing in weird bandages to campy beards - to a seemingly normal existence - to wiping out most of your family in a massacre - how in the HELL does someone who is designated a low risk to reoffend, do all THAT?

Honestly.

Oh yah - 14 robberies and he asked for $2,000 to $3,000 at each one, and he "only" ended up stealing around $30,000.

Makes me shake my head - I don't get it.

I haven't read this article before:

The couple met before Ryan's parole would have ended. He would have had to report the relationship to his parole supervisor as a condition of his release, because the board considered a past breakup a trigger for the robberies.

"The board noted that you had undergone a number of personal and financial setbacks and that, rather than being open about these factors, you chose not to share these concerns with your family or others, and believed that robbing banks was your only way out of your dilemma," a November 2010 parole decision reads. "You told the board that you had invested everything in your two previous relationships and were let down on both occasions."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/crossbow-killings-robbery-debt-1.3743238

Ryan robbed the first of 14 banks on Oct. 20, 2007, telling the parole board he felt a thrill during the first bank robberies, but later felt remorse as the eight-month spree continued across the Greater Toronto Area.

He had a rotation of different disguises, including bandages wrapped up his face or a fake beard. Some days he limped, others he presented himself as a businessman.

Each time, however, Ryan would slide a note to the teller saying he wanted them to place $2,000 or $3,000 in a bag and that he had a gun.

Ryan was released to a halfway house in May 2010 where he picked up a part-time job at a restaurant, earned weekend passes, and signed up for university courses.

Six months later, he was given full parole after declaring bankruptcy and an intention to complete his biophysics degree while working part-time.

During that November 2010 parole hearing, Ryan's psychologist noted that he no longer needed counselling. He did, however, still need to tell his parole officers of any new relationships given that his past breakup had been considered "a significant stressor."

It's unclear exactly when Ryan met his fiancée.

A post on her Facebook profile in September 2012 announced they were marking their one-year anniversary, a milestone celebrated by several friends who left comments. Another picture — of roses, a framed photo and a book marked Our Story — was posted in September 2013, indicating they were celebrating their second anniversary

Can someone post Toronto Star article from today r.e. Bearded bandit? Very good article.

The untold story of accused ‘crossbow killer’ Brett Ryan’s robbery spree
Court transcripts from the so-called “Bearded Bandit” case show that, seven years before Brett Ryan was accused of strangling his mother and slaying two brothers, similar questions were being asked about his bizarre behaviour.
September 26, 2016

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...rossbow-killer-brett-ryans-robbery-spree.html

The untold story of accused ‘crossbow killer’ Brett Ryan’s robbery spree
Court transcripts from the so-called “Bearded Bandit” case show that, seven years before Brett Ryan was accused of strangling his mother and slaying two brothers, similar questions were being asked about his bizarre behaviour.
September 26, 2016

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...rossbow-killer-brett-ryans-robbery-spree.html

Very interesting article, almost hate to pull this one little thing from it..but cannot help but wonder if he was familiar with Orangeville?
"generous young person who volunteered at Sick Kids"
speculation, imo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member