Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which makes it even stranger that they ordered the suspect not to contact CM.
I'm trying to find info about that - does anyone recall where/when it was reported that the suspect was not to contact CM? I only have a vague recollection but can't find where or when that was stated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm trying to find info about that - does anyone recall where/when it was reported that the suspect was not to contact CM? I only have a vague recollection but can't find where or when that was stated.

I was wondering the same. I've seen several references to a DO NOT CONTACT order between CM and this person but I don't recall seeing a link to this anywhere. It does seem odd there'd be such an order if CM doesn't even know the guy.

FOUND THIS:

Downey, who also goes by the last name Simmons, appeared before a judge late Thursday. He was ordered to have nothing to do with the child's estranged father, Colin Marsman.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/07/15/taliyah-marsman-dead_n_11005130.html

They just said on CBC about 10 mins ago.

This is the only place I've seen it

[video=twitter;753806033160507393]https://twitter.com/cbcmeg/status/753806033160507393[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to get a sense of where Taliyah was found. On the news this morning they said that she was found in a rural area off McNight Avenue in an area where there were various dumpsters. LE were going back today to search the area more fully and especially the dumpsters. The images we saw yesterday of a rural search in Chestermere seemed VERY rural to me and I don't think that's where she was found but I could be wrong. Perhaps a local could chime in and help me out with the lay of the land. I tried google earth but without a real address, I can't really put my finger on anything.

It sounds like the area the body was found is around here: 51.0964104,-113.739064.

I'm assuming he could have driven out of Calgary along McKnight Trail, dumped the body around the area with the above coordinates and drove north up highway 791 to highway 564 (Country Hills BLVD) into Calgary. Or the opposite route could have been driven.

But in reality, the information on location that has been provided thus far is pretty vague. I just remember that it was mentioned they were primarily searching south of the Delacour golf course (The Canals at Delacour.)

I believe they originally said he was to have not contact with CM in the presser at 2:30 yesterday.

I'm thinking maybe the no contact with CM is as TM's father and not a suspect he is a victim of crime - his daughter was murdered. I think it's pretty standard.

I was listening to one of the Canadian news stations last night. Anchor was interviewing one of the reporters who was present in the Courtroom. She stated it was most unusual for Police to request the no contact. Sorry no link. Cant even remember which station I was watching.

Stayed up late watching the horrors in Nice. Only just got up, to see this :(

Staying in bed, and blissful ignorance is so tempting right now.

RIP Taliya, and Sara. :rose:

It looks like he may have grown up in Nova Scotia and then moved west later on.

For those wondering- this does not imply any connection to CM. Nova Scotia doesn't have too many employment opportunities. Thousands and thousands of people from Nova Scotia move out to Calgary because, until recently, Calgary was booming and easier to find a good paying job.

Downey, who police said also goes by the last name Simmons, was taken into police custody at around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday night and charged Thursday night.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2825868/a...man-ends-first-degree-murder-charges-pending/

The media isn't making sleuthing easy for us this morning, are they ?

Why not go ahead and publicize that he sometimes uses the name Simmens, Semmins, Simmends ??

I guess none of the reporters asked the cops for the correct spelling..........................

http://globalnews.ca/news/2825868/a...man-ends-first-degree-murder-charges-pending/

The media isn't making sleuthing easy for us this morning, are they ?

Why not go ahead and publicize that he sometimes uses the name Simmens, Semmins, Simmends ??

I guess none of the reporters asked the cops for the correct spelling..........................

I agree. CPG press released has his name as [FONT=&quot]Edward Delten DOWNEY, 46, of Calgary ([/FONT]http://newsroom.calgary.ca/amber-alert-update/), where many media outlets have it as Edward Delton Downey. Seems insignificant, but it makes searching more difficult.

-snipped-

Speaking from personal experience, it really depends on the daycare. Some daycares (in Canada) will call parents if you don't show up by a certain time and some daycares don't.
It depends on the family as well. When you have a family that drops off their kid whenever, with no consistency, because maybe their work schedule is all over the place, or maybe they have access to other caregivers, then it isn't too unusual when there are days you don't show up.
There are also families who are very close to other families at the daycare. Teachers know they see each other outside of school. One day a mom might walk in and mention that their friend's kid is sick and won't be coming in to daycare that day, and no further questions would be asked.

By all accounts Sara was always reliable. That is why alarm bells rang when she didn't show up to work and her co workers and family were immediately concerned. My *feeling* is that Downey gave the daycare an excuse for Sara. That's why people are so angry that the daycare didn't report anything when Taliyah went missing. People have questioned from day 1 why the employee was concerned but the daycare wasn't.

[video=youtube;LfRHNCYBIEI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfRHNCYBIEI[/video]

Short video of the murdering runt that took the life of both mother and daughter. Pretty much a short recap of what has happened since last night.

I agree. CPG press released has his name as [FONT="]Edward Delten DOWNEY, 46, of Calgary ([/FONT]http://newsroom.calgary.ca/amber-alert-update/), where many media outlets have it as Edward Delton Downey. Seems insignificant, but it makes searching more difficult.

exactly and trying to find all these previous convictions or criminal violent past is coming up empty too without the proper name. There has to be something in the system on this guy if he was know to police....but I can't find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3