Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or was she trying to give the impression she wasn't home!?!?

Possibly!!
Or was the killer trying to give that impression? The one article I read said family couldn't locate her at her house, and that cops went and searched and eventually located her body. I'll try to find it again, I think I linked it earlier. Anyway, the way it was written had me think she was hidden or concealed somewhere. Or at least not just in the middle of the floor... Possibly in her bed?

Possibly!!
Or was the killer trying to give that impression? The one article I read said family couldn't locate her at her house, and that cops went and searched and eventually located her body. I'll try to find it again, I think I linked it earlier. Anyway, the way it was written had me think she was hidden or concealed somewhere. Or at least not just in the middle of the floor... Possibly in her bed?

She was found in a closet

Can someone familiar with Stampede Week give us a rundown of where it happens and what happens? I understand there's a rodeo, but I'm assuming there are other festivities.

It takes place close to downtown. It's actually held in the parking lot of the Saddledome and the Big 4 building. There's a rodeo, and a midway with rides and stuff. There's also pancake breakfasts that take place in and around the city.

The location of the Stampede isn't near the location of the abduction.

Not necessarily. We have no idea the age of her brother. He may be young, too. If he's a kid as well it's unlikely 2 kids on the phone are going to discuss where each other is at. I believe MSM is getting details incorrect. I've read that the last time anyone SAW TM and her Mom was 11:30am on Sunday.

The brother is on FB ... His name was published in one of the MSM newspapers today. In his recent pics he appears to be in the neighbourhood of about 18-20 years old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The fathers name is CM but he goes by CP! Its in one of the many new posts sorry no linkto provide.

Its ten days of partys and breakfasts. Non stop all over the city. The main epi center of Stampede is downtown and has thousands of vendors, concerts rides games etc.

Global says he's from Halifax, so I wonder if he's the only family member around the city. Maybe they're trying to get on a plane or none of the local media has bugged them yet.

He does have other relatives in Calgary under his FB friends. And his son, Taliyah's brother, is approx. 18-20 years old.

I was wondering why Sara's parents weren't there today? I wonder if perhaps they are no longer alive, or maybe too devastated to be there, and that is why her Uncle was there? Your thoughts?

I saw the AA on Alberta Emergancy Warnings via facebook. It was shared by friends. The CPS did not post the AA until around 6:00am Calgary Time. I dont understand why this was not shared by them the moment the AA was issued but it wasnt!

The girl’s father, Colin Marsman — who also goes by Colin Paris — is believed to be estranged. Coleman said police have spoken to him and he is co-operating with the investigation.

“Colin loves Taliyah,” said the man’s girlfriend, Jessica Mardinger, in a message. “He is in so much pain.”

While neither of the parents is known to police, Coleman said there is a limited history of domestic violence, both reported and unreported.

According to court documents, Marsman was charged with unlawful confinement and intimidation for preventing Baillie from using her cellphone to call police in connection with a Feb. 1, 2015, incident.

Those charges were later withdrawn and he agreed to enter into a peace bond last March with conditions for a year, including having no contact with Baillie except by text to access his child through a third party.

Under the peace bond, he was also ordered to participate in and complete counselling, treatment or programming for substance abuse, domestic violence, and anger management, and was banned from buying, possessing, using or consuming intoxicating substances, including alcohol and non-prescription drugs.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/amber-alert-issued-for-abducted-calgary-tot

I have and still leave my car in different places away from my home because of previous DM. That could very well be the case!

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video?clipId=909800

It's interesting how the detective phrased "if you see anyone who remotely looks like her call your local police dept. and we will forward that to Calgary" only for the news anchor to make it a point to say "police believe the little girl is still in the Calgary area"

Just food for thought

I thought the victim's car was stolen and then located?

Where is the info about the closet coming from? Is this in MSM?

She was found in a closet

Oh wow. I hadn't read that yet. I mean, I assumed as much based on what I had read, it sounded like the family didn't see her when they first looked. So it could very well be that the killer did move the vehicle to buy more time. Have people think she just wasn't home.

Please let Taliyah be found tonight!

The home Taliyah lives in looks very nice. I would expect that there would be some security cameras on her street. :hoping:

Hiding her body in a closet makes me think the target was Taliyah. The perp didn't want Taliyah to see her mom and maybe even used that as a ruse to take Taliyah with him, to go and find mommy. :( JMO

Does anyone know the address of where Sara and taliyah lived off the top of their head? Save me from digging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueJayJay71