Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, that is not what I'm implying at all, sorry if that's how it read.

According to OD (landlord), it was a young male that came looking for her at about 12:30pm. And in another article it stated it was family members that came looking for her. Not trying to point blame but I think most evidence is pointing out that at least one (and maybe the only one) person of interest is a stocky, black male - based on witness reports of TM walking with a stocky, black male. I don't know SB's family whatsover, but if it was an immediate family member of SB that came looking for her at the basement suite at approx. 12:30pm on Monday my guess is that the family member is white.

Now of course, there is so much information we do not know yet, but I was not implying at all that the person who came to look for SB is also the perp. I was more just implying that it seems as if the perp and the person looking for SB were both in the same neighbourhood at the same approximate times. But I do think they are two different individuals. Sorry for the confusion.
It could have even been a coworker at 1230. They seemed pretty close and protective of her.
It's still interesting to me that I saw the police there at around 6pm with people in the driveway. I didn't pay that much attention but one of them was a blonde lady that could have been the aunt. There were quite a few people. They haven't said that the police were there that early but they were. Saw with my own 2 eyes.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

<mod snip> not sure if this is allowed and also not even sure it's related, but just in case.

The suspect may be an acquaintance, but there is absolutely no way that a "loving" family member would murder this child's mother.

Why do you think I put "loving" in quotes. In other words, someone who believes they love Taliyah but obviously have no concern for ripping her mother from her life...

Princessbuttercup, you saw police at the house at 6pm on the 11th? I thought I read that police arrived at 8:30pm. I'm not suggesting you are mistaken or anything, just weird that's all.

So why would the perp keep going back? And it's possible that the perp and the relative actually saw each other and the Relative not know it.

I too, wonder why perp was in the neighbourhood for so long OR was driving in neighbourhood at two different times (45 mins apart).

Yes, quite possible the perp and family member(s) saw one another, it seems as if they were both in neighbourhood at same time.

Reid Fiest &#8207;@ReidFiest Just spoke to Colin Marsman. He says he doesn't know who police have in custody, or recognize the vehicle. More to come. @GlobalNational

I too, wonder why perp was in the neighbourhood for so long OR was driving in neighbourhood at two different times (45 mins apart).

Yes, quite possible the perp and family member(s) saw one another, it seems as if they were both in neighbourhood at same time.

Sorry if it's already been established - but is it certain it is the same car? Could be another person with same vehicle?

Jamie MauracherVerified account &#8207;@CTVJamie 7m7 minutes ago
#CONFIRMED #TaliyahMarsman's father Colin, NOT man taken into custody @CalgaryPolice. Close friends say he is only concerned about daughter.

I've been following along and praying that Taliyah is found safe. RIP Sara. :rose:

Oh no, that is not what I'm implying at all, sorry if that's how it read.

According to OD (landlord), it was a young male that came looking for her at about 12:30pm. And in another article it stated it was family members that came looking for her. Not trying to point blame but I think most evidence is pointing out that at least one (and maybe the only one) person of interest is a stocky, black male - based on witness reports of TM walking with a stocky, black male. I don't know SB's family whatsover, but if it was an immediate family member of SB that came looking for her at the basement suite at approx. 12:30pm on Monday my guess is that the family member is white.

Now of course, there is so much information we do not know yet, but I was not implying at all that the person who came to look for SB is also the perp. I was more just implying that it seems as if the perp and the person looking for SB were both in the same neighbourhood at the same approximate times. But I do think they are two different individuals. Sorry for the confusion.

I also wonder if It Could be a co worker who came to check on her? My bet is either family or
Co worker. I was on a new medication once and didn't wake to my alarms or phone ringing... A few hours later my co workers had broken into my apartment and were standing over me. They thought i had died.

<mod snip> not sure if this is allowed and also not even sure it's related, but just in case.

I moved your scanner info to the basement. It can now be found here :)

Just a general reminder that anything & everything heard on the scanner stays downstairs. Thanks!

It could have even been a coworker at 1230. They seemed pretty close and protective of her.
It's still interesting to me that I saw the police there at around 6pm with people in the driveway. I didn't pay that much attention but one of them was a blonde lady that could have been the aunt. There were quite a few people. They haven't said that the police were there that early but they were. Saw with my own 2 eyes.

You have to remember that police can't just enter a house because someone asks them too.

It's possible they originally showed up at 6 and had to do a few things before officially entering the house. And therefore couldn't confirm their involvement until all those boxes were checked making the official call time and start of investigation 8:30pm.

Remember in the O'Brien case they still had to get warrants to search the empty house of the missing family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just occurred to me that the landlord could be described as a "stocky black man". He would have a key to SB's suite. He is not a stranger to TM, so she might go along willingly with him.
I assume that in the normal course of investigation, CPS would have looked at him as a matter of routine elimination of potential suspects. I don't suspect him, but it made me pause a moment to consider.

IMHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oh wow, that is very interesting. Because IIRC it was reported that LE wasn't called until 8:30pm Monday night. Or am I mis-remembering and they were called earlier and it was 8:30pm when the body was discovered?

Yes, it could've certainly been co-worker(s) looking for her at 12:30pm. It was a young male we know for sure. And this article states it was family memberS that came by looking for her: http://www.cp24.com/news/family-of-slain-alta-woman-pleads-for-return-of-her-daughter-1.2983099 "Dada said family members came by on Monday looking for the woman and he did not see or hear anything in the downstairs apartment." However, that could've been a statement meaning family members later showed up after the initial young male showed up at 12:30pm.....??

Jamie MauracherVerified account &#8207;@CTVJamie 7m7 minutes ago
A close friend tells us Colin (father) doesn't care what public thinks of him. Only concerned about #TaliyahMarsman's safety #AmberAlert

Carol AmadeoVerified account &#8207;@CarolAmadeoCBC 17m17 minutes ago
This morning police were searching a golf course near Chestermere in connection to the disappearance of #TaliyahMarsman. More at 10 on #CBC

Sorry if it's already been established - but is it certain it is the same car? Could be another person with same vehicle?

No, I myself cannot say for certain it's the same car. But based on LE releasing both images I would assume they are confident it's the same vehicle.

You have to remember that police can't just enter a house because someone asks them too.

It's possible they originally showed up at 6 and had to do a few things before officially entering the house. And therefore couldn't confirm their involvement until all those boxes were checked making the official call time and start of investigation 8:30pm.

Remember in the O'Brien case they still had to get warrants to search the empty house of the missing family.

But family members said the door was open so if they met the police there, they could let the police in, especially if the landlord is there and agrees.
My sister was missing for a few days once in Lethbridge and the cops showed us the easiest way to get in but they wouldn't do it. We had to enter and open the door for them. Then they came in and investigated. No warrants or anything

660 NEWS CalgaryVerified account &#8207;@660NEWS 1m1 minute ago
.@CalgaryPolice expecting to update #AmberAlert #TaliyahMarsman case this afternoon, say the man in custody is not the girl's father. #yyc

But family members said the door was open so if they met the police there, they could let the police in, especially if the landlord is there and agrees.
My sister was missing for a few days once in Lethbridge and the cops showed us the easiest way to get in but they wouldn't do it. We had to enter and open the door for them. Then they came in and investigated. No warrants or anything

No warrants needed if it's consent for them to go in. Which is why they wouldn't enter prior. The only time the police can enter the home is with consent , a warrant or exigent circumstances (dropped 911 call, well being check but smells odd, they have reason to believe that beyond a reasonable doubt there is a person in a residence who is in imminent danger etc you get the idea)

I have a question, mods can delete this if it's not proper,
But could a Filipino male be mistaken as a black male by eye witnesses? Especially with it being summer and possibly being tanned?

So the door was open. Maybe there was evidence a crime had been committed at that point and they didn't enter until crime scene investigators arrived to secure and maintain the crime scene.

I don't think CPS is malicious, nor would they have reason to lie.

What exactly do you think happened in those 2.5 hours that police are hiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member