Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda don't think they're looking for Taliyah right now. I think they're looking for evidence.

1- as someone pointed out, they aren't using dogs

2- they seem to be sticking to ditches and areas close to the road, like something was tossed from a vehicle

3- in a video, they're not being particularly cautious while swinging the poles they're using to move grass. i would think they would be a bit more careful if they thought they were looking for the body of a young girl(but someone more familiar with searches may dispute this)

I think you're correct about that. Whoever they have in custody, obviously gave them reason to be looking for *something* on this *particular* road, but I don't think they're looking for TM there. If they were, you'd think there'd be a tighter search and/or a forensics van nearby.

This is way too close to the pictures from two years ago.

I know :( It looks exactly the same. I stopped following that case a while back but I had the same thoughts everyone else did when I started seeing these search images. Probably a lot of the same guys that were out there 2 years ago.

I kinda don't think they're looking for Taliyah right now. I think they're looking for evidence.

1- as someone pointed out, they aren't using dogs

2- they seem to be sticking to ditches and areas close to the road, like something was tossed from a vehicle

3- in a video, they're not being particularly cautious while swinging the poles they're using to move grass. i would think they would be a bit more careful if they thought they were looking for the body of a young girl(but someone more familiar with searches may dispute this)

Agree. So then - where are the efforts being focused to find the child then? They certainy would not give up on looking for her, regardless of whether they think she is alive or god-forbid not .

Agree. So then - where are the efforts being focused to find the child then? They certainy would not give up on looking for her, regardless of whether they think she is alive or god-forbid not .

I'd guess there are investigators still questioning him about where SHE is.

(Last updated July 14, 10 a.m.)

The AMBER Alert for Taliyah MARSMAN is still in effect.

Police have taken a man into custody in connection with this AMBER Alert and are now searching a rural area east of Chestermere for evidence in this case.

It is anticipated that police will speak to media about this development later today, however no time has been set at this point.
http://newsroom.calgary.ca/amber-alert-update/

I think you're correct about that. Whoever they have in custody, obviously gave them reason to be looking for *something* on this *particular* road, but I don't think they're looking for TM there. If they were, you'd think there'd be a tighter search and/or a forensics van nearby.

The LE has probably tracked his cell activity. There's was a case recently, where a women was found dead in her home that was set on fire, but the little girl whom she was watching (victim was little girls godmother) was missing, LE quickly called a friend of victims (who was a pedofile) had him come in, of course he said he didn't knownanything, but LE tracked his phone right to a secluded area, where they found the girl duct taped, but alive. It was great work from the LE. This case seems very similar.

For those that followed the Tori Stafford case here in Ontario, LE searched the sides of highways looking for evidence because Terry Lynn McClintic said they threw evidence out of the moving vehicle. Could be he did the same - his bloodied clothes, her phone, a weapon? They could be looking for lots of things. When the dogs arrive, you know what they're looking for.

Don't know if this has been asked/answered but, if SB was due at work, wouldn't TM be expected to be at a day care providers / babysitter / family members?
Wouldn't that person have questioned her whereabouts that morning?

Just going by the images being posted of the way the searches are being done, it looks to me like they're looking for something small tossed out on the side of the road. CPS hasn't released COD yet but my first thought is knife. I really hate thinking that, too.

I noticed in some of the news reports that it was said police were looking for 'evidence'. But in another report it said police were looking for Taliyah. If Taliyah, then it sure isn't a good sign for them to be looking in ditches in a rural area. I also noticed in one of the reports that it said something like information obtained after the man was taken into custody led to the search in the rural area. Did the man therefore admit something? Where is the child? I suppose a witness may have seen his vehicle in the rural area rather than the man admitting something?

Don't know if this has been asked/answered but, if SB was due at work, wouldn't TM be expected to be at a day care providers / babysitter / family members?
Wouldn't that person have questioned her whereabouts that morning?

Excellent point! Where was TM supposed to be on Monday? Maybe she was in DayCamp for the summer. If she wasn't at the bus stop, they probably wouldn't have questioned it. Did SB have a current boyfriend? I haven't seen mention of that at all.

Great point about TM possibly scheduled to be somewhere for SB's Monday work shift. Or was someone coming over to look after TM?

There will be a update from LE at 2:30pm MST.

Excellent point! Where was TM supposed to be on Monday? Maybe she was in DayCamp for the summer. If she wasn't at the bus stop, they probably wouldn't have questioned it. Did SB have a current boyfriend? I haven't seen mention of that at all.

In the press conference with SB's uncle he did say that now that school is out TM is in day care full time for the summer.

[video=twitter;753659885968031748]https://twitter.com/RLadhaniCTV/status/753659885968031748[/video]

That would be 4:30 ET (noting for self as well as others)

In the press conference with SB's uncle he did say that now that school is out TM is in day care full time for the summer.

Maybe grey sedan was supposed to take her to "day care". I would think if she was in an organized day care centre, they would have a call program if child didn't show up and mother hadn't pre-called her in for absence. (all schools have the safe arrival program, I am assuming daycare centre also would?)
Re the little suitcase... not only could it be dance costumes or clothes, but could also simply be filled with her Barbie dolls?

@crisfran

CBC confirms man in custody is friend of Taliyah Marsman's mother.

[video=twitter;753660811843895296]https://twitter.com/crisfran/status/753660811843895296[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the ditch photo, is the LE officer standing on roadway looking down, covering his mouth. I know it could mean anything, including the obvious. Has anyone enlarged to zoom in??

They must think she is still alive

"Margaret Orr, a grandmother of five who lives across the road from one of the areas being searched, said the first thing she woke up this morning to police speaking to her husband about the case. She then got out her golf cart to help in the search.

“I have a playground and we have cars and farm equipment. Went searching there to see if maybe she was hiding and keeping warm,” Orr said."

http://calgaryherald.com/storyline/...-into-custody-search-property-east-of-calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee