GUILTY Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Have they released the cause of death for either of them yet?

No, AmyPond, there has been no word yet on the causes of death. Autopsies were scheduled for last Friday (6 days ago), but no results have been released yet.

I didn't get to watch it. Hopefully it will be posted somewhere later. Does anyone know if CM was in attendance? I bet that was one emotional service. I'm at work, probably best I didn't watch it.

Beautiful service and lots of love and memories; my eyes are still swimming from the gut wrenching rift that was very painful to witness as the families left. Can'T even finish my post.

I didn't get to watch it. Hopefully it will be posted somewhere later. Does anyone know if CM was in attendance? I bet that was one emotional service. I'm at work, probably best I didn't watch it.

Yes, Colin was there and he put together the slideshow of Taliyah, I believe. From the pictures, it looked like he had a wonderful relationship with his daughter.

No, AmyPond, there has been no word yet on the causes of death. Autopsies were scheduled for last Friday (6 days ago), but no results have been released yet.
There is a good chance it will not be released until trial.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Beautiful service and lots of love and memories; my eyes are still swimming from the gut wrenching rift that was very painful to witness as the families left. Can'T even finish my post.

Rift? I watched right up until coverage was cut and it said, "Live coverage has concluded," and didn't notice anything. I wasn't watching closely, though. Did you see some kind of altercation?

They do have the video posted already, but they cut off the section where people were filing out.

Yes, Colin was there and he put together the slideshow of Taliyah, I believe. From the pictures, it looked like he had a wonderful relationship with his daughter.

The slideshow CM made was beautiful and heartbreaking. This little girl was truly loved by both sides of her family.

And just to add to AceDetectives answer- CM's step daughter (his girlfriends daughter) spoke about her relationship with Taliyah. She was very composed for her age and spoke beautifully.

Rift? I watched right up until coverage was cut and it said, "Live coverage has concluded," and didn't notice anything. I wasn't watching closely, though. Did you see some kind of altercation?

They do have the video posted already, but they cut off the section where people were filing out.

To me the separation was pretty clear. Colin's families portion at the beginning was very much about them and Taliyah, and then the rest of the service was about Sara's family and Sara and Taliyah. Colin's side didn't mention Sara's side, and Sara's side didn't mention Colin. I'm not judging, just relaying what I picked up on. They walked in separately, sat separately, and exited separately. But that's neither here nor there. They likely have past conflicts and unresolved issues over the breakup and whatever surrounded that. But they were able to join together, even if just in the same room, and split the time for the service. I think that's very big of them. I've seen so many families torn by divorce, to the point of people having to have separate wedding or funeral celebrations. I think the one clear thing from today's service, is that ALL of their family, both Sara's side and Colin's, loved those girls. And it was beautiful.

To me the separation was pretty clear. Colin's families portion at the beginning was very much about them and Taliyah, and then the rest of the service was about Sara's family and Sara and Taliyah. Colin's side didn't mention Sara's side, and Sara's side didn't mention Colin. I'm not judging, just relaying what I picked up on. They walked in separately, sat separately, and exited separately. But that's neither here nor there. They likely have past conflicts and unresolved issues over the breakup and whatever surrounded that. But they were able to join together, even if just in the same room, and split the time for the service. I think that's very big of them. I've seen so many families torn by divorce, to the point of people having to have separate wedding or funeral celebrations. I think the one clear thing from today's service, is that ALL of their family, both Sara's side and Colin's, loved those girls. And it was beautiful.
Colin and Uncle Scott hugged after Scott spoke

I don't think any rift is related to this case. There is zero reason to believe colin was involved and he seemed to love his daughter a lot.

Any awkwardness is likely related to old feelings. He was charged with domestic abuse. While they share a massive loss, i doubt Sara's family loves him.

Colin is a victim here.

Thanks KatieLiz. I see now that I misunderstood. I took "rift [...] as the families left" to mean there was some kind of dust-up.

I agree, audge86, at this point it appears that Colin is a victim in this as well.

I haven't had a chance to read this week so have missed many posts.

Did anyone produce an independent photo/sound video?
Will the photo/sound video from the funeral be shared publicly?

I haven't had a chance to read this week so have missed many posts.

Did anyone produce an independent photo/sound video?
Will the photo/sound video from the funeral be shared publicly?

CBC Calgary has it posted on their facebook. >LINK<

Colin and Uncle Scott hugged after Scott spoke

I saw someone hug Scott from the Marsman side but couldn't tell if it was Colin or not. If it was, that's very touching. It was touching either way. I definitely believe Colin is a huge victim in this. I think any animosity between the families is unrelated to this, just old feelings that haven't been dealt with.

I don't think any rift is related to this case. There is zero reason to believe colin was involved and he seemed to love his daughter a lot.

Any awkwardness is likely related to old feelings. He was charged with domestic abuse. While they share a massive loss, i doubt Sara's family loves him.

Colin is a victim here.

I agree wholeheartedly. I hope they can all heal together and find common ground to keep Sara and Taliyahs memories alive.

This service is just heartbreaking

It certainly was.

In Colin's video tribute to his daughter, the songs were lovingly chosen too, and apparently the second song was written and performed by Taliyah's godfather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went on a walk with my son yesterday while he was playing Pokemon Go yesterday. Walked from Sara's house to where her car was found. It gives you an idea of the area. At the end of the first one I had to use my Pokemon cover since I was getting the staredown from the neighbours ... lol.
https://youtu.be/7ZbxSCA2B24
https://youtu.be/nm7g9XLU11o

attachment.php

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...o-slain-calgary-mother-and-daughter-1.3693910

Edmonton artist Wayne Ashley (who is known for his mosaics) was deeply affected as he read about Taliyah Marsman and Sara Baillie's murders. He created art commemorating the work of the CPS and another piece for Taliyah's grandmother (Sara's mother).

Ashley said part of why he does what he does is to help him deal with tragic events and to make sure the first responders know that people are thinking of them in dark times.

Calgary police released a statement of appreciation."The Calgary Police Service would like to thank Aboriginal artist Wayne Ashley for recognizing the first responders involved with the investigation into the deaths of Sara Baillie and Taliyah Marsman with this meaningful piece of art."
The statement said the department takes the mental health of it's members very seriously and has a wide range of resources available to those who deal with "particularly difficult cases."

Attachments

• edmonton-artist-wayne-ashley.jpg
    edmonton-artist-wayne-ashley.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 367
I went on a walk with my son yesterday while he was playing Pokemon Go yesterday. Walked from Sara's house to where her car was found. It gives you an idea of the area. At the end of the first one I had to use my Pokemon cover since I was getting the staredown from the neighbours ... lol.
https://youtu.be/7ZbxSCA2B24
https://youtu.be/nm7g9XLU11o

Thank you for showing us the area and describing the surroundings. It's such a typical, nice sub-division. I imagine SB chose the area because it seems so kid-friendly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back