GUILTY Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
1st degree murder in Canada means A) it was premeditated/planned or B) the murder was committed during a sexual assault or kidnapping.

Forcible confinement can also lead to 1st degree murder charges. If restraints are found on the body then confinement is assumed before death.

I am new here. IMO I feel the following things:

1. LE may have more information than just the vehicle tying ED to the crime. I highly doubt LE would question someone on the sole basis of having a matching vehicle.
2. I also think cell phone pings or gps obtained from his vehicle may have been obtained via a warrant and provided the search area for TM.
3. I wonder if and when autopsy results will be released for SB and TM as COD is still unknown.
4. In regards to motive, it definitely does seem as though it was planned prior to ED arriving with the vehicle being parked away.

I do find it a bit odd that it seems no one from SB's family or friends knows or has mentioned what SB's involvement with ED was. It seems unlikely that a "family friend" would do such a thing?

ED is definitely a bad dude and IMO most likely capable of anything and everything. Anyone who is involved in human trafficking and forcing young girls into prostitution clearly sees no value in human life other than monetary. IMO Human Traffickers are the low of the low. I can wrap my head around Sara's murder, whatever the motive. Unless, sexually motivated, which I don't believe it was, I will never understand Taliyah's murder. But then again, when there is no value placed on a human life, and all the matters is YOU, then it becomes second nature the murder and if that means murdering a child then so be it. If he murdered Taliyah strictly because she could ID him then it was all for naught because today's technology is gonna catch ya one way or the other. Note to future killers - we will get you anyway, you don't need to kill a child to save your skin because no matter what, you will get caught.

The fact that he took Taliyah with him says a lot, imho. If he just wanted to silence a witness, he would have done so at the house. Why risk being seen with her, or caught with her? He absolutely would have done it at the house.

ED had a plan and wasn't done with TM until he left her east of Chestermere. Just my opinion.

The first appearance is tomorrow, they may lay additional charges at that time if they are warranted ... such as sexual assault if that is the case but may also wait until his subsequent appearances when the Crown has had more time to review the evidence

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

My best guess is that it was the "double murder charges" that muddied the water.

My sincerest apologies.

"CJAY 92 radio host Gerry Forbes has raised $27,000 to cover the funeral costs for five-year-old Taliyah Marsman and her mother Sara Baillie, surpassing his original goal of $15,000."

Source.

The family was going to donate any additional money towards a women's shelter. I was re-reading the parole report and it struck me ED was more prone to domestic violence than with the general public. IS there anyone to confirm they may have been a couple? It also strikes me to have Taliyah know him, he'd have to be someone close to SB or her friends or family? I can't see her introducing her daughter to someone she was casual with. I can think of many reasons she would hide their relationship if there was one - his past and/or current gang ties, possible connection to CM - I'll play devils advocate - perhaps one or both no longer involved in gang/criminal activity - they are from same area but there is an age gap of 10 years so maybe they only "knew" of each other, reaction from family and friends - most people would be concerned about a woman close to them getting involved with convicted drug trafficker and pimp, her ongoing custody case - revelations of this relationship could affect the balance of custody. Perhaps the recent court date around child support was some impetuous to break things off?

I'm just throwing around ideas - perhaps more will come out in the days and weeks ahead but we might have to wait for a trial.

The family was going to donate any additional money towards a women's shelter. I was re-reading the parole report and it struck me ED was more prone to domestic violence than with the general public. IS there anyone to confirm they may have been a couple? It also strikes me to have Taliyah know him, he'd have to be someone close to SB or her friends or family? I can't see her introducing her daughter to someone she was casual with. I can think of many reasons she would hide their relationship if there was one - his past and/or current gang ties, possible connection to CM - I'll play devils advocate - perhaps one or both no longer involved in gang/criminal activity - they are from same area but there is an age gap of 10 years so maybe they only "knew" of each other, reaction from family and friends - most people would be concerned about a woman close to them getting involved with convicted drug trafficker and pimp, her ongoing custody case - revelations of this relationship could affect the balance of custody. Perhaps the recent court date around child support was some impetuous to break things off?

I'm just throwing around ideas - perhaps more will come out in the days and weeks ahead but we might have to wait for a trial.
No, nothing to confirm or even suggest that they were a couple.

Jordan KanyginVerified account ‏@CTVJKanygin 2m2 minutes ago
Edward Downey, charged with two counts of second degree murder, makes brief appearance via CCTV. Matter adjourned to August 3

Jordan KanyginVerified account ‏@CTVJKanygin 2m2 minutes ago
Edward Downey, charged with two counts of second degree murder, makes brief appearance via CCTV. Matter adjourned to August 3

This reporter is wrong on the murder charges. He is charged with two counts of first degree murder.

Wow. How can a REPORTER get something like this so wrong?? I'm speechless.

OMG, my friend is his lawyer. I really don't know how to feel about that. I know everyone needs a lawyer and he's a criminal lawyer .... yikes .... feel sick.

Thank you TWICE, PrincessButtercup. I was scrambling through news updates on my laptop (which I'm still pretty crappy at) and havin' a bird because a downgrade changes much; although I'm not entirely clear on what . I thought maybe a plea deal or...who knows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back