GUILTY Canada - Taylor Van Diest, 18, beaten to death, Armstrong, BC, 31 Oct 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the great input Blueflame, I think you are on to something!

Someone said it correct earlier thats egzactly what people say now a days when they get a email or a poke on facebook from a stranger .Some links even say they can show you who has been looking at your profile but i hear thats just an advertising trick anyway that is the new lingo from facebook from someone that they dont know . all it means is someone has looked at your profile .As for the spelling mistake all i can say is just like most kids now adays she most likly had a smart phone like a i phone or black berry and they all use use spell check and sometimes i write to fast and the message will read like its in french or unreadable so everyone disables spell check and if you look you can see the e and d are beside one another if she was walking and texting a spelling mistake is pretty normal .

yeah, the 'being creeped' is a common phrase right now
more social media lingo that made the cross-over into real life

the thing about the spelling error does bother me a lot

is it that her family doesn't realize that kids often use shortcuts in texts? or did the phone auto-spell for her & choose the wrong word? or did she really always spell correctly in her texts and it was an obvious error that she definately would not make?

while scrolling her FB page, I did notice she was an impeccable speller & did not use very many abbreviations even in her status updates

but if she was feeling worried but not yet to the state of panic, she could've easily made an error (distracted, looking behind her, trying to type while being harrassed)

yet that piece of info seemed significant enough to report, which makes me think there is a different solid reason the public, or more specifically, the perp was made privy to that detail

I don't think it's a female perp - I think it's a male & I think it's an older (than her) male - maybe late 20's/early 30's - old enough to creep her out but not totally panic her at first ... & there might also be the element of being unsure of how to react to a guy that age hitting on her (if he was her age, she'd probably feel comfortable in rejecting; if he was much older - like 50's, she'd probably turn around & run the other way b/c that's just too weird)

that seems muddled -what I'm trying to say is that a guy in his 20's/30's might confuse her natural radar, esp. if he's charming & polite and she hasn't had experience with manipulative psychos before (so she doesn't trust her instincts & flee soon enough)

Call me a dunce, but, I have not seen her spelling mistake??? What is it?

She sent a text at 6pm to her friend saying she was being creeped, her friend sent a reply asking her where she was but did not get an answer.
7:30 someone finds her phone and calls the family?
Article by Julie Wong of CHBC reads the family's last know correspondence was at 7:30 from Tayor?
Can anyone confirm what time she actually was last in contact with anyone?

if it was 7:30 that leaves 1 1/2 hours unaccounted for since the police believe she was attacked by the railway tracks, and leaving her home at 5:50 would have placed her at the tracks at 6:00.

"I never thought about Taylor's COD being the actual railway track. We don't know what her wounds were at all, really. "

I had read an article that stated her family said she had an head injury

She sent a text at 6pm to her friend saying she was being creeped, her friend sent a reply asking her where she was but did not get an answer.
7:30 someone finds her phone and calls the family?
Article by Julie Wong of CHBC reads the family's last know correspondence was at 7:30 from Tayor?
Can anyone confirm what time she actually was last in contact with anyone?

if it was 7:30 that leaves 1 1/2 hours unaccounted for since the police believe she was attacked by the railway tracks, and leaving her home at 5:50 would have placed her at the tracks at 6:00.

The 7:30 contact was from whoever found her phone, not her. Last correspondence was the text.

IMO.. the biggest question is why was the perp there in that area. Were they following, hanging out , or just crossing tracks to somewhere. I can see the tracks being COD, persons messing around, give Taylor a scare, she falls, hits head on tracks ,they panic hide body. But there would be evidence on the tracks, in that case the law may see an accident that was covered up. Like a hit and run. But that does not seem to be what the law thinks.
So that leaves weapons or fists. Being halloween, sabre swords, walking sticks, endless props. I really, really think the law could be asking for pics and vids of the nite, most people have pic video phones.
It is also a nite when theres going to be a higher % of drug addled or drunk peoples around.Somebody might of seen a zombie(Taylor) and just went freaky.
Or its personal.
i don't like they bought a behavior specalist in. Maybe more dogs or something else would be more usefull. BS have their place, but this was Halloween nite, so unless the perp does something else, what is their base line.
Were there rumors of Taylor having a secret admirer-stalker?

I really don't understand why this case is so quiet?

Published: November 16, 2011 1:00 AM

http://www.vernonmorningstar.com/news/133923533.html
“We can’t shut down the community. We just have to be cautious.”

That’s Armstrong Mayor Chris Pieper’s aim as the city, neighbouring Township of Spallumcheen and North Okanagan communities still try to come to terms with the murder of Taylor Van Diest, 18, Halloween night.

Pieper and counterpart Will Hansma of Spallumcheen signed a letter sent out to residents following a meeting among community leaders with RCMP Thursday, who gave an update into the Van Diest investigation.

“This is a stressful time,” said Pieper at Monday evening’s Armstrong council meeting. “People are asking ‘Why our community? These are things that you hear happen somewhere else.’ We have to continue to be diligent and cautious but not scared to proceed forward.”

Thanks BC Bud, buddy:) I thought they were saying further north on the tracks,but this makes more sense. In the pics there is a white building and fencing showing.
Just trying to figure out if the crime happened as Taylor was crossing the tracks, or if it happened north or south on the tracks but away from the crossing.

Thanks BC Bud, buddy:) I thought they were saying further north on the tracks,but this makes more sense. In the pics there is a white building and fencing showing.
Just trying to figure out if the crime happened as Taylor was crossing the tracks, or if it happened north or south on the tracks but away from the crossing.

Nao, of the three white buildings closest to the tracks (northwest, northeast, and southeast) i think if we were to stand facing the tracks in front of the white building on the northwest side, the curve of the tracks goes left and upwards in accordance with the pictures. If it was either of the two houses on the northeast or southeast side, the tracks should curve in a different direction. So, seems to me the pics are north of the house on the northwest, not right at the intersection/crossing.

JMO

Welcome BC Bud !! :seeya:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member