GUILTY Canada - Taylor Van Diest, 18, beaten to death, Armstrong, BC, 31 Oct 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Glad to hear of some news. I wonder if they are releasing still images from that night? The Central Okanagan reference seems to indicate a significant clue.

Which MSM is carrying the presser live?

@ snoopster, they are jpeg files. In my post they appear as a link to me and work when i click on them lol .... no idea what i did wrong but yes if someone can explain to me how to post them, i would greatly appreciate it :)

@ matou, i don't believe this was the phone she had that night, it appeared to be a black touch screen smart phone of some kind

@ wondergirl, i have no idea if the press conference can be lived on the internet, i will be watching it on our local channel CHBC news. I will do my best to relay the information back if you cannot find a live feed :)

Thanks Canadian Candy. The local station you are referring to is Global News Okanagan CHBC news. I'll try on my satellite and see if I get that station.

Here's the home page for that site in case they stream live. http://www.chbcnews.ca/Regiondefault.aspx

CHBC News will be at the press conference and will have details as they unfold.

Read it on Global News: CHBC Okanagan | Police to discuss 'significant development' in Van Diest homicide

A poster released by the RCMP includes a sketch of a man and the following description:

- Caucasian man with a darker skin tone
- 19 to 20 years old, now 25 to 26 years old
- brown eyes, short dark hair
- 5'8" to 5'10" tall with a tall, stocky build
- large distinct sideburns and thick eyebrows

The man is a suspect from an April 2005 sexual assault in Kelowna.

armstrong_sketch.JPG

Read it on Global News: CHBC Okanagan | DEVELOPING: Sketch released in Van Diest homicide

http://www.chbcnews.ca/developing+sketch+released+in+van+diest+homicide/6442528146/story.html

This suspect has the exact same look as he did in 2005? weird...who saw this guy in Armstrong?

Ohhhh...maybe there is DNA from Taylor that is linked to the sex assault case in 2005? Not sure.

armstrong_sketch.JPG

RCMP have released a sketch of a suspect in the Taylor Van Diest murder.

The man is a suspect from an April 2005 sexual assault in Kelowna

Read it on Global News: CHBC Okanagan | DEVELOPING: Sketch released in Van Diest homicide

ETA: beat me to it matou!

Unfortunately, I have to conclude that Taylor was sexually assaulted. :(

Nothing was televised here. I am very hopeful with the release of this sketch, i pray he can be found for Taylor, he family and our communities. Also I am slightly puzzled by the release of the sketch. It says "- 19 to 20 years old, now 25 to 26 years old" Does this suggest to anyone else that in this sketch he was 19 to 20, so logically now he would be 25 to 26? Meaning then that this sketch was generated from the 2005 investigation? Something must link him, DNA or maybe eyewitness description? I wonder if it possible to get a eyewitness description and be able to relate it back to this 2005 Kelowna investigation hmm.

I think that poster is from the sex assault from 2005. I'm trying to find an original story from 2005 about the assault. Not easy.

I wish the RCMP would release the official poster. This is a photo of the suspect sketch. You can see the reflection of the photographer. WTH? They had enough time to provide the file to the press. JMO

So I think this is how he looked at the time of the attack on Taylor.

Amazing and promising, i wonder if they will elaborate more on the evening news.

I can't lie, this was the worst possible scenario in my mind. An escalating individual who prays on strangers. I hope this causes him to be caught.

You'll find more details, including a link to the poster, and answers to some of the questions asked above (for example, the drawing is how he looked in 2005; the 2 crimes are linked by DNA evidence, but they don't have an identity) in the official RCMP press release.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missledet
Back