Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's sort of odd that the mother just happened to be on Facebook when the information about the abduction was posted.

Has it been established who has custody of the child ?

Who stands to benefit if the father was killed in such a way ?

This doesn't feel like a random crime to me......feels more orchestrated, planned out.

If the child turns up unharmed which I'm really hoping happens then I'm with you on this.

Yes it does look residential.
I believe that row of houses backs onto a wooded hillside. This town is pretty much a small mountain outpost surrounded by rugged terrain and woods.
I think sometimes people underestimate just how fast a 2 year old can slip away and get lost.
Has anyone in the area noted any type of ground search in the area?
If not, there must be compelling reason for LE to believe that this is a murder AND and abduction. What could that reason be? Were some of her belongings missing? Was there evidence of a struggle with the little girl?
JMO

i can vouch for 2 year olds getting lost very quickly, mine gave me the slip for a few minutes at his brother's youth football game and my heart was in my throat... i had simply turned to answer someone's question and POOF he was gone. found him at the snack bar wanting a treat. lol

Yes it does look residential.
I believe that row of houses backs onto a wooded hillside. This town is pretty much a small mountain outpost surrounded by rugged terrain and woods.
I think sometimes people underestimate just how fast a 2 year old can slip away and get lost.
Has anyone in the area noted any type of ground search in the area?
If not, there must be compelling reason for LE to believe that this is a murder AND and abduction. What could that reason be? Were some of her belongings missing? Was there evidence of a struggle with the little girl?
JMO

There are a few comments upthread about neighbours hearing screams - I haven't seen anything like that in MSM. Links?

\

Dang, the update is coming from Airdrie - that is very odd - wonder why they didn't do the update from Calgary?

Airdrie is about 2 1/2 hours from Blairmore. Strange but perhaps they have had leads in that area.

I hope this precious one is found safe soon.

I have been through border crossings in that area many times. Once they let my friend in with her high school ID card. Once my sister took us across the border and we had a notarized letter that she was allowed to travel with me (I was underage she was not) and they never even asked for it. I have been let through without even being asked for ID before. Hopefully they would be more diligent with a lone adult and small child but you never know unfortunately. I think you need a passport now anyway even to cross the border while driving.

Were your experiences before or after 9/11, if you don't mind me asking, kittymeow?

I think it's sort of odd that the mother just happened to be on Facebook when the information about the abduction was posted.

This doesn't feel like a random crime to me......feels more orchestrated, planned out.

ETA-- I'm gonna answer my own question after scanning through the article posted above. The little girl was in the full custody of her father. Guess who gets custody now ??

The way that I read into the Facebook post is that CD (mom) is a member of the Crowsnest Pass Herald group and would have seen the post about the investigation at the home. She would have noticed the pictures of the house and that's when she realized that it was the house where her child was living.

Up to that point, I don't think the rcmp even realized there was a missing child.

The initial post by the Crowsnest Hersld didn't have any detail, just a few words and a picture of the house. The news posted at 12:33 and it was an hour later that CD commented on the story. An hour after that the Amber Alert was issued.

I wonder if police have ruled out anyone related to or associated with the mom or dad? Somebody that has it in their disturbed mind that the child would be better off with me, or with mom and me, whatever. I am not implying that the mom would be involved. Perhaps someone thinks they are doing the right thing for the mom and she has no idea of this disturbed person's thoughts.

I've been going back and forth all day between 1) dad had an altercation with someone that killed him and grabbed the child on the way out because she was screaming 2) intentional abduction of the child and dad died trying to protect her. I doubt she wondered off after dad was killed, she would have continued to scream and gotten someone's attention. JMO. I'm leaning towards #2. I keep hoping, now that this is big news, someone will leave her somewhere that she can be found.

Were your experiences before or after 9/11, if you don't mind me asking, kittymeow?

Just to interject for a second here, because it's semi-relevant. I came through the Sweetgrass, MT border crossing in 2008, and had actually stayed in the US two extra days because we left our passports at a hotel and had to get them couriered up to where we were staying. When we got to the border we just got waved through by the Canadian side.

Somewhat irrelevant though, because the US border guards at any crossing I've been to, including that one, have been universally more strict about documentation requirements.

Airdrie would be where the head of the Southern AB RCMP would work from. The PC yesterday was also from there.

Airdrie is about 2 1/2 hours from Blairmore. Strange but perhaps they have had leads in that area.

I hope this precious one is found safe soon.

I've been going back and forth all day between 1) dad had an altercation with someone that killed him and grabbed the child on the way out because she was screaming 2) intentional abduction of the child and dad died trying to protect her. I doubt she wondered off after dad was killed, she would have continued to scream and gotten someone's attention. JMO. I'm leaning towards #2. I keep hoping, now that this is big news, someone will leave her somewhere that she can be found.

I think #2 also, 2 year olds are still quite demanding. I just have this feeling the LE is not giving out all the information atm

ETA-- I'm gonna answer my own question after scanning through the article posted above. The little girl was in the full custody of her father. Guess who gets custody now ??

Both parents had shared custody. Hailey spent 2 weeks with dad and 2 weeks with mom. Her mom will now get full custody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme