Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not fully caught up yet and we'll hear more as the day goes on, but just reading snippets it appears to be known that Terry and DS didn't like each other. I wonder if mom had been complaining to DS about something Terry did and the drug addled psycho decided to take matters into his own hands.

Also - very early on there was a description of the white van with a flag on the back. I bet pretty much everyone in those communities knew exactly who that van belonged to, including mom, the family and the police. Where was DS arrested? The police must have been searching for him from the get-go.

I was hoping Hailey had been abandoned in a field or wood alive. Knew it was a long shot but couldn't help hanging on to that thought. Poor babe. Rest in peace. :(

RCMP earlier confirmed a man was arrested Tuesday in connection with the case.
Sources identify him as 22-year-old Derek Saretsky, a Crowsnest Pass resident employed at a family-owned dry cleaner.

Mounties say the suspect remains in custody and charges are pending.

Sources also say Saretsky has been involved in a romantic relationship with Cheyenne Dunbar, Hailey’s mother.

Mounties earlier said they located a white van they believe left the scene of the crime where they found Hailey’s 27-year-old father dead early Monday while arresting the suspect.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/09/1...firm-one-an-arrested-amber-alert-still-active

I'm praying the motive is not something we really don't want to hear...it is the only reason I can see him taking her alive...if she was alive. I'm so heartbroken for this baby and her father.

Saretsky Van .jpg

Saretsky's van--parked in front of the family dry cleaning business.

In hindsight, it's pretty easy to see how this unfolded yesterday. It's also obvious to me that Hailey's mother and family would have known who the abductor was almost from the beginning.

While we were all sitting here trying to figure out who would have done something like this, the Amber Alert had been issued for a white van with a long antennae and a flag on the back of it.

Hailey's mom had dated a guy that drove a van just like that, hadn't she ?? The only question I have at this point, pretty much the same question I had yesterday, who was it that gave the cops the description of the van ? Was it a neighbor that saw it speeding away at 3:30 a.m., or was it Hailey's mom ?

Either way, the entire family would've known with almost certainty who was responsible for the murder and abduction. This also explains why the grandmother was talking as if she knew the perp during her interviews. She did know him, or knew of him.

I agree with the premise that Saretsky may have gone there specifically to kill Terry, and was surprised that Hailey was even there, since normally she would have been back at her mothers house. This may go a long way in explaining why he took her along. Maybe Saretsky didn't want to kill her necessarily, but Hailey most likely could have identified him. After the adrenaline wore off and he was faced with the reality of the predicament he was in, killing her seemed as if it was the only option left. Simply put, he didn't want to get caught.

Whether he killed Terry to eliminate the competition, or whether he killed Terry AND Hailey as a payback towards the mother, is left to be determined.

I also wouldn't be surprised to find out that Saretsky was all jacked up on some pretty powerful drugs, such as crystal meth or something similar. Those type of drugs are known to incite exactly this type of rage in people at times, especially when mixed with alchohol.

I am devastated to see the thread title changed to Found Deceased. Just devastated. Cannot believe it.

I've not fully caught up yet and we'll hear more as the day goes on, but just reading snippets it appears to be known that Terry and DS didn't like each other. I wonder if mom had been complaining to DS about something Terry did and the drug addled psycho decided to take matters into his own hands.

Also - very early on there was a description of the white van with a flag on the back. I bet pretty much everyone in those communities knew exactly who that van belonged to, including mom, the family and the police. Where was DS arrested? The police must have been searching for him from the get-go.

One of the articles I read say he was arrested at a family (his family) home. Not sure if that means his parents, a brother, or what. I don't have the link handy as I can't recall which one it was.

He is also friends with the godmother.

Also friends with the next door neighbor (he was interviewed and his name in many articles) of the elderly woman found murdered in her home last week in Coleman. None of that really surprises me, it's a very small community where pretty much everyone knows everyone (or at least knows who they are, if they don't know them personally). This is going to hit everyone there very, very hard.

Rest in Peace Hailey & Terry.

Time to bring back Capital Punishment to Canada...

To me it is obvious that Derek Saretsky told LE where he left Hailey's body. Sounds like he is cooperating with the investigation, now that he has been caught. I think that LE have grilled him enough to also find out his motive. I wish we had the death penalty in Canada. Hopefully he will get justice in prison.

Child killers are not well liked in prison. That does not bode well for
him.

On another note, I hope he gets the maximum sentence allowed under the law. With Canada's justice system though, who knows what he'll get...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Child killers are not well liked in prison. That does not bode well for
him.

On another note, I hope he gets the maximum sentence allowed under the law. With Canada's justice system though, who knows what he'll get...

25 years....he'll be out when he's 47.

by the sounds of it they new right away who killed the dad so they could then say he also kidnapped hailey but they new real fast it was just finding him and he is i think i read 24 26 so one to know who he is so fast the familly knows him and with them not wanting to say if mom was involved or not iam thinking that maybe she was having a affair with this perp then shut it off he went nuts and did this it all fits and makes sence ..

The suspect is 22.

I tried doing a BBM but I don't know how on Tapatalk.

Just reading now. Poor Hailey. I heard on the news that people at the vigil were told by police that her body was found
I don't know if s s killed in y house and transported elsewhere but I fear the usual in child abduction cases like this: motive was sexual. Jmo and I haven't finished the thread yet. Just found out the van was at the dry cleaners where he works.

With any luck he will be classed as a dangerous offender and never be released from prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28