Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a few posters have said Derek has deleted his FB but DC Saretsky from TB's FB really does fit with what's known about Derek.

If you google that persons facebook name, you get a hit for a young woman who says in her profile she's in a relationship with him - I think this is a brother.

So tragic for the suspect's family.

Why, why, why?

I know there are thousands of missing people out there, and many homicides occurring daily. But something about this one is really eating me up. I've been crying nonstop since I read the announcement. I live in British Columbia and the amber alerts have been widespread, on the radio every 5 minutes, on every bus... my heart goes out to her family. I hope the sick *advertiser censored* who did this suffers, and feels even an ounce of the pain that this family has endured and will continue to endure for the rest of their lives.

Hailey, may you rest in peace. Wishing you all the best up in the clouds dear girl, with everything you've ever wanted. Your dad will keep you safe up there. xo

I feel the same. I follow a lot of cases here on WS, though usually I avoid the ones with small children because they are just too hard to read about. I live in BC too and so I got the Amber Alert notification yesterday and when I came here to check on another case I saw Hailey's name on the front page and came to see. And now I am sitting here crying. This is why I don't read the threads with little ones. I have a grandson who is just a little younger than Hailey, and it hits far too close to home. It does get under your skin and into your heart a little differently when it's a little one from your own neck of the woods. I just feel devastated that this is how it ended.

Multiple accounts, same user, maybe?

No, different people. DC #2 appears to be a stage actor. Original DC has just lost 3 more friends since my last post. It might be Derek, and DC is either what he's usually called, or he's changed his name on FB (I'm not sure if that's possible?).

Something else weird, there are two DC Saretsky? The DC Saretsky we're talking about is friends with the other one.

I see two brothers with names both starting with D. One of them has a wedding page where it states: "D is one of D's brothers". Some families give kids names all starting with the same letter, so Derek is probably another brother.

If you google that persons facebook name, you get a hit for a young woman who says in her profile she's in a relationship with him - I think this is a brother.

So tragic for the suspect's family.

Yeah, I know who you mean. You're probably right, and the drop in friends I'm seeing is just different Saretsky's taking their accounts offline as they try to cope with this nightmare.

No, different people. DC #2 appears to be a stage actor. Original DC has just lost 3 more friends since my last post. It might be Derek, and DC is either what he's usually called, or he's changed his name on FB (I'm not sure if that's possible?).

Thanks for that!

@mrsward

Completely OT. I knew from your comment you are in the UK without looking. Sad that this tragic event drew us together. (Former Derbyshire girl).
Back on topic, I can't imagine the fear this little girl went through.

To me it is obvious that Derek Saretsky told LE where he left Hailey's body. Sounds like he is cooperating with the investigation, now that he has been caught. I think that LE have grilled him enough to also find out his motive. I wish we had the death penalty in Canada. Hopefully he will get justice in prison.

To me it is obvious that Derek Saretsky told LE where he left Hailey's body. Sounds like he is cooperating with the investigation, now that he has been caught. I think that LE have grilled him enough to also find out his motive. I wish we had the death penalty in Canada. Hopefully he will get justice in prison.

If so, cooperating is the LEAST he can do.

I don't agree with the death penalty. All moral issues aside, the cost it takes from taxpayers is unfair and unjust. Death penalty trials cost an extreme amount compared to life without parole sentences. Let the worthless and evil lives rot in prison without taking the massive amounts of tax dollars away from the good people who deserve and need it!

If this was a custody issue, whereby Hailey's father was to be eliminated to secure full custody for her mother, she would never have been abducted. There is a different motive for this crime.

OMG just read that her remains were found. I am crying. Poor dear Hailey.

I think you are right. Can't see having her child killed in a custody case. IMO there has to be something other motive to kill both father and child.

If so, cooperating is the LEAST he can do.

I don't agree with the death penalty. All moral issues aside, the cost it takes from taxpayers is unfair and unjust. Death penalty trials cost an extreme amount compared to life without parole sentences. Let the worthless and evil lives rot in prison without taking the massive amounts of tax dollars away from the good people who deserve and need it!

I agree with you, but I also think it's barbaric.

And yet I do believe I could kill someone like Paul Bernardo or Michael Rafferty myself. I don't know how to reconcile this.

Don't think you are the only one who wishes we had the death penalty in Canada.

And yet I do believe I could kill someone like Paul Bernardo or Michael Rafferty myself. I don't know how to reconcile this.

I understand. People like them who are blatantly evil and/or have severe personality disorders, we don't need them on our earth. I still don't feel they are worth taking tax dollars away from people who need it. If we could legally and justly eliminate them without taking away from others who need help, then sure let's do it! But until then, that type of scum is not worth taking away from people who do need it!

Jam kitty,the Facebook links are not allowed,I think.

I understand. People like them who are blatantly evil and/or have severe personality disorders, we don't need them on our earth. I still don't feel they are worth taking tax dollars away from people who need it. If we could legally and justly eliminate them without taking away from others who need help, then sure let's do it! But until then, that type of scum is not worth taking away from people who do need it!

Oh, uh, "legally and justly." Right. I knew that. That's what I meant. :innocent:

[bbm]

I've been unsuccessful as well. I think most of us have the same conflict to varying degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member