Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presser live recap:

Identity of suspect will be provided once charges are filed. RCMP would like to thank activity on social media for helping with the investigation.

Location where her remains were found has been secured.

Presser live recap:

The location of the discovery has been secured and LE is working to process the scene

CBC news reporter says that the body was located "this afternoon"

I don't know where the burnt items were--I missed that--but there were reports that the police were searching near the high school with the canine unit earlier.

The high school is in Coleman, but it's beside the highway right before the main part of town coming from Blairmore. So it's between Blairmore and Coleman (just closer to Coleman).

This is the tweet I read earlier:

"RCMP are set up at another location in Crowsnest Pass community of Coleman-- taped off is a tent and what looks like burned materials. #yyc" [video=twitter;643869853280006149]https://twitter.com/SUNDamienWood/status/643869853280006149[/video]

Another press conference with questions answered at 10 am tomorrow...

They also said they are no longer looking for the white van. Perhaps have found evidence in the van they seized?

Why, why, why?

I know there are thousands of missing people out there, and many homicides occurring daily. But something about this one is really eating me up. I've been crying nonstop since I read the announcement. I live in British Columbia and the amber alerts have been widespread, on the radio every 5 minutes, on every bus... my heart goes out to her family. I hope the sick *advertiser censored* who did this suffers, and feels even an ounce of the pain that this family has endured and will continue to endure for the rest of their lives.

Hailey, may you rest in peace. Wishing you all the best up in the clouds dear girl, with everything you've ever wanted. Your dad will keep you safe up there. xo

I understand. There are missing and murdered people all over the world, and it is always tragic. When it happens close to home you feel it so much more. I am in Calgary so not too far away from Blairmore, and I lived in the East Kootenay's for a while too which is even closer to Blairmore. I drove through the Crowsnest Pass often when I would go back home to visit in Calgary (before I moved back). I even had a job offer in Blairmore a few years ago.... wow.

I have also been crying. It's awful. This is all reminding me of Nathan O'Brien last year, which did happen here in Calgary while I was here too. That was also another level of sadness and concern. I was there on-scene when LE was combing the suspect's property, and I attended some of the preliminary trial for the murder. When this happens at home, you feel it intensely, and you are compelled to be involved. I can't put into words the devastation I feel right now, and I fully recognize that my feelings are NOTHING compared to the individuals directly affected. RIP Terry and Hailey. Rest in peace. <3

I know a few posters have said Derek has deleted his FB but DC Saretsky from TB's FB really does fit with what's known about Derek. He's 22, lives in Blairmore, works for the family dry cleaning business? I found a site about the older brother getting married and there's no mention of a Derek at all, but DC is one of the groomsmen. Also, in like the last 10 mins, two different Saretsky's have disappeared from DC's friend list.

they did not take any questions today, but said they would be taking questions at the 10:00 AM presser tomorrow.

Do we even know if Derek was involved with the mother or if that was just a rumor?

Do we even know if Derek was involved with the mother or if that was just a rumor?

It's possible it's just a rumor, but it was mentioned in several MSM articles that have been posted here.

Thanks for the presser info. My heart hurts.

Something else weird, there are two DC Saretsky? The DC Saretsky we're talking about is friends with the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member