Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he burned her, it would have been to get rid of his DNA evidence/evidence of rape. JMO I'm sure this is sexually motivated.

If he burned her, it would have been to get rid of his DNA evidence/evidence of rape. JMO I'm sure this is sexually motivated.

Hi matou, here we are again. Another horrific case.

If you believe she was raped, don't you think they would have charged him with sexual assault. Rafferty got charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, and first-degree murder of Tori Stafford.

ETA: hmmmm Saretzky wasn't charged with kidnapping???

Saretzky’s family operated the dry cleaning business in Blairmore.

A woman working at the establishment said the accused didn’t work there but did live in a home behind it. Police had the alley behind the cleaners closed off Wednesday.

Saretzky was, however, known to police. According to Alberta Justice, he had been charged with housebreaking and possession of stolen property under $5,000 stemming from a break-in at a Blairmore home in August.

The homeowner in that case, Ray MacGregor, told The Canadian Press he was not home at the time. But he said he heard from his neighbours that it happened overnight and some liquor was stolen. Someone returned the next day and was caught in the act of trying to steal a TV.

More http://www.thestarphoenix.com/touch/story.html?id=11369337
BUBM - This is why I'm speculating that what happened Sunday night was a break-in/burglary gone bad, because it fits with his previous MO. Anyway, it's purely speculation on my part. I guess that I'm really hoping that Hailey was only a victim of horrible circumstance and not the intended target. However the indignity to a body charge does call that into question. I really feel bad for everyone affected by this. I grew up in a small Alberta town even smaller than Blairmore and when tragedy strikes, everyone is impacted in some way.

If you believe she was raped, don't you think they would have charged him with sexual assault. Rafferty got charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, and first-degree murder of Tori Stafford.

If he did rape her (I believe he did) ,it will take time to get this evidence. It always does. The charge will come later. Also, he may have done this in Terry's home and killed her there, later transporting her body to the other location. JMO

I do not see where, in my post, I ever said such a thing.

Perhaps the assumptions are yours?

But wasn't that the original comment you were responding to? The one where Cheyenne didn't know where they went to HS? I thought that is what prompted your post. Sorry if that was incorrect.

This is how I felt when I read this quote too.. it implies that all young people in this town/area are into drugs and up to no good... sweeping generalization...

One other thing--I pray that CD has nothing to do with this crime... but I did find it funny that she said she went to high school in B.C.--If I heard correctly during her interview. Yet, she said she knew DS "three years ago." She is 20 right now.. which would make her association with him at the time she was 17...which would likely mean she was still in high school.

Even if I heard wrong...how could she know people her own age and not know what high school they went to? I'm hoping it was just nerves or shock that was playing a role in what she said... but things aren't adding up to me--a sentiment that others have shared..

just my .02c

I don't think she got a regular high school diploma so I am going to guess she dropped out. I believe she is currently in an alternative school getting some sort of high school equivalency degree or something.

We do more to protect the guilty party's rights than that of the victim. I'm not sure how we got to this point but we did.

It's because sometimes they're genuinely not guilty. Particularly in cases when forensics are not really available, and sometimes the forensics have been just plain wrong.

People used to just drown the local misfit by labelling her a 'witch' and that solved the problem - easy peasy.

I'm wondering if Hailey's body was burned.............maybe the reason for the second charge relating to Hailey.

I did hear on a live news report that beside where the RCMP tent was set up at the location of Hailey's body there appeared to be something that had been burned. Now, with no photographs this cannot be confirmed.

If H was born when C was 17 most likely she was pregnant at 16 AND T would have been 23-24. I wonder if statutory rape was ever an issue. Personally I don't believe there was a sexual assault, however that is just my gut feeling so who knows. I also have alarm bells regarding H turning 3 and C stopping contact with D she claims occurred three years ago. There could be an issue of paternity. I think her interview with the media will come back to haunt her and I truly believe she has more involvement than she has let on. Could be as simple as lying to the police but I think it's odd she was so quick to try to dispel rumours. I also don't know about others but if my child was murdered by someone I knew my first comment wouldn't be "he's a good kid"

Refer back to where section 182 of the criminal code is outlined. Indignity could be as simple as moving and dumping the body. We really won't know till after more details have been released
Like Jessica Rae Newman's CLOTHED body in a ditch? No charges there. There is a threshold to prove indignity.

in this case, it sounds like he beat her to death and dumped her body, but they cannot PROVE he beat her to death so they charged him with dumping her body since ity was cuaght on cctv. so, it seems dumping a body is an indignity to a corpse.
Naked, rolled in a carpet, in an alley...

The kidnap is most likely part of the 1st degree murder charge.

Maybe someone with knowledge of the Canadian justice system can speak to the application of First Degree murder charges (instead of second degree or manslaughter)? Examples?

The abduction of Hailey, the use of the (presumably) company van (instead of another less conspicuous and identifiable vehicle), the 3rd charge relating to Hailey -- together these point toward a much more sinister motive to me than the spontaneous brutal murder of TB and spontaneous abduction/murder of little Hailey during a drug deal gone south. I also think it possible more charges will be forthcoming.

Also, since I hate FB -- does anyone know if other handoffs/custodial exchanges of Hailey between TB and CD were arranged via social media (ie publicly)?

Thanks in advance. This case just tears me up. So sorry for the loss of both these souls.

look up donny clubb, he was from Chatham, ON he was 22 years old. Palmer is in jail in BC for this, he served 10 years 3 of them of those years for committing an indignity to a dead body. March 2006 to 10 years for manslaughter and three years for committing an indignity to a dead body. He burned Donny

The parole board has decided to give the federal prison inmate five special conditions when he leaves a minimum security institution in B.C. where he has served one year of his sentence after spending six-and-a-half-years in maximum and medium security prisons in Ontario.

I did hear on a live news report that beside where the RCMP tent was set up at the location of Hailey's body there appeared to be something that had been burned. Now, with no photographs this cannot be confirmed.

There were photos posted earlier this morning from a CTV flyover. I can't find the post http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/man-charged-with-murder-of-blairmore-toddler-and-her-father-1.2565910

Above the tent near the trees there is a dark area and also perhaps some old burn barrels

The footage of the flyover is here: it starts at 26 secs http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.2567826

Looks to me like someone's been doing logging and they have a whole pile of trees piled up, possibly to burn tho it's awfully close to the cabins. A lot of those RVs might belong to LE.

I know this link has been posted. I have been reading the comments below the article. Very interesting connections being made by posters FWIW. In particular, names of neighbours who live next to certain crime scenes in towns very close to Blairmore.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/09/1...at-centre-of-horrific-crowsnest-pass-slayings

OK wow, so I am playing catch up and haven't moved on past this, but the comments thread in this article states that there was a drug ring bust about two hours away from Blairmore. Six people were arrested for trafficking and involvement. Could it be possible that DS killed TB because of this? The ring was busted Sunday and Terry was killed early Monday morning. Perhaps TB tipped off police to the drug ring? Or is this too much distance between towns to be alarming?

look up donny clubb, he was from Chatham, ON he was 22 years old. Palmer is in jail in BC for this, he served 10 years 3 of them of those years for committing an indignity to a dead body. March 2006 to 10 years for manslaughter and three years for committing an indignity to a dead body. He burned Donny

The parole board has decided to give the federal prison inmate five special conditions when he leaves a minimum security institution in B.C. where he has served one year of his sentence after spending six-and-a-half-years in maximum and medium security prisons in Ontario.
Indeed.

Indignity is usually applied to dismemberment or disfiguration... naked or displayed (posed).

There will be more than a simple dump... as was the original point.

As much as people want to positive spin or wishful think, that is just the reality, especially when discussing it on a crime forum.

I also don't know about others but if my child was murdered by someone I knew my first comment wouldn't be "he's a good kid"

Snipped by me: This is taken out of context. Reporters asked her what he was like when she knew him in HS. And I think she said he WAS a good kid. Please give this grieving mom a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curiousinky