Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I firmly believe ther was NO doubt about Hailey's paternity.

It was explained more than once by locals why this confusion. It appears that during some time in CD's pregnancy she was apart from Terry and was dating another boy. He several times wrote how he loved C and the baby girl she was carrying and called himself the baby's father in the sense to say that he would take that place. But they separated and CD and Terry made up later.

This was explained by persons very close to them. Sometimes I think that the phrase both Hailey's godmother and Terry's sister said "if you really love her..." was directed to this boy. Perhaps because of the way he publicly wrote about his love for CD and her at the time unborn baby girl, they thought he was the one who abducted Hailey. At the time of the interviews we don't know if they knew it was DS the perp. Or, who knows, that enigmatic phrase could be directed at CD...

(

Above ^, respectfully snipped by me.

Do you think this "boy" has anything to do with what happened??
And not necessarily in a direct way, but just his situation maybe. Possible that DS was good buddies with this boy and was trying to "help him out"?? With his knowledge or possibly without his knowledge.
I just find it extremely odd that there would be multiplied individuals claiming same thing (love & fatherhood for HDB).

Also, this boy claims his love for both CD & HDB before AND AFTER HDB was born.

MOO

And not necessarily in a direct way, but just his situation maybe. Possible that DS was good buddies with this boy and was trying to "help him out"?? With his knowledge or possibly without his knowledge.
I just find it extremely odd that there would be multiplied individuals claiming same thing (love & fatherhood for HDB).

MOO

If you are speaking about who I think you are, the "boy" has never claimed to be the biological father and knew he wasn't. He dated CD after she was already pregnant until after the baby was born and was prepared to love and be a father to HDB. There is nothing sinister about that. His brother has verified all this and has repeatedly asked that he be left alone and his name left out of it all.

Am I the only 1 who sees the resemblance between the gentleman(man with Terry's mom sister in law and young girl) whom I presume is Terry's dad and Terry and Hailey.

The motive is what I don't get, it all seems to be over kill, but for what reason

Am I the only 1 who sees the resemblance between the gentleman(man with Terry's mom sister in law and young girl) whom I presume is Terry's dad and Terry and Hailey.

The motive is what I don't get, it all seems to be over kill, but for what reason

I suppose it's possible he was baked on some kind of drug? It's nearly impossible for rational, non-murdering people to ever really grasp the how and the why. We can't wrap our brains around how someone could do something so horrific, or why they'd ever reason it out in their own minds, that it needed to be done. It's even harder when it comes to little people, like Hailey.

MOO

No, I think he has nothing to do with it. He simply wanted to show that he would be a dad to Hailey if her mom had stayed with him. He was showing he loved C and also her baby girl.

If you are speaking about who I think you are, the "boy" has never claimed to be the biological father and knew he wasn't. He dated CD after she was already pregnant until after the baby was born and was prepared to love and be a father to HDB. There is nothing sinister about that. His brother has verified all this and has repeatedly asked that he be left alone and his name left out of it all.

Just the same I understand of this. Fully agree.

I suppose it's possible he was baked on some kind of drug? It's nearly impossible for rational, non-murdering people to ever really grasp the how and the why. We can't wrap our brains around how someone could do something so horrific, or why they'd ever reason it out in their own minds, that it needed to be done. It's even harder when it comes to little people, like Hailey.

I know some think I drank the kool-aid by thinking DS is the paternity father. Please no bashing just because someone has an opinion.

First, DS was at TB's at 3:30am on a Sunday? There is a high likelihood he was "high" on something.
He may have kidnapped Hailey without the intention of killing her, so maybe it was accidental?
CD's family is adamant that her and DS were never in a romantic relationship. This is kinda fishy to me. I don't know why, just is, seems very defensive.

Maybe I didn't articulate myself very clearly but I certainly wasn't trying to say this boy for sure WAS/IS the father...just that maybe it was something to think about....but if it has been proven otherwise I'm happy to not consider that idea.

And I certainly didn't allude to the fact that his desire to love, care and father little HDB was a sinister act (it's quite the opposite of sinister)....I was alluding to the notion that there seemed to be multiple individuals who desired to love, care and father little HDB and that that could've POSSIBLY created animosity between those individuals.

I have a 1 year old child myself, and I can't help but think that if another man all of sudden entered into my life and showed a strong desire to father my child that that would not put him in favour with me.....of course every situation is unique though.

Official paternity aside, there is no doubt that at specific points in time there were multiple individuals who desired to father little HDB....which is a beautiful thing (but also a POTENTIALLY conflicting situation)

And I was unaware that the boy and/or brother had made any public statements.

I know some think I drank the kool-aid by thinking DS is the paternity father. Please no bashing just because someone has an opinion.

First, DS was at TB's at 3:30am on a Sunday? There is a high likelihood he was "high" on something.
He may have kidnapped Hailey without the intention of killing her, so maybe it was accidental?
CD's family is adamant that her and DS were never in a romantic relationship. This is kinda fishy to me. I don't know why, just is, seems very defensive.

- DS as paternity father? = don't completely buy it, but I don't know what to think anymore.
- DS high on something? = I agree it's certainly a possibility....if high on something - did the "highness" (lack of better words) make him do it?? Or did the "highness" help him execute it??....would LE have released if he was high on something??
- Killing of HDB was accidental? = yes I agree. But intentionally inflict pain?...yes, of course. The act of kidnapping will inflict pain....and I don't want to go there, but maybe additional infliction was planned.
- CD and family seem defensive? = yes they seem defensive, but they also seem sincere. I think it seems defensive because they keep getting accused of it over and over.

...there were AT LEAST two individuals who were claiming to "honestly love" HDB as her father (doesn't necessarily mean bio). Just the fact that are multiple individuals wanting to father the same child is odd...

This very oddity makes this odd statement make sense, especially given its timing:

"I'm not the bad guy for not wanting my child around drug-addicted pedofiles,'' from a post attributed to the father on March 8, 2013

Again, each of these people need only think they were the true father - or deserved to be, somehow - in order to lead to a motive here. There are enough unusuals in this case that I've got a hunch there'll be another arrest. It is a small town, and in a small town, you never do anything alone.

Meanwhile, the assumption that the perp was the getaway driver remains unproven. Either the child was somehow contained or this driver somehow managed to drive with a resistant hostage in hand, at 3:30 am, possibly while high/drunk. Since the perp has an outstanding charge connecting him to alcohol, and this comes just after bars close, it is not an unreasonable possibility he was drunk, though no details from his evening prior to the crime have been discussed.

The whole paternity questions are pretty obvious. Not sure if a chin dimple is hereditary but Terry and Hailey both have one. I would say thats pretty rare that they both would??? Who needs a test to prove that? its his mini me. I read all the posts and became obsessed with finding the answers just as everyone else here has. I can't seem to get this case off my mind. It must be because of how special of a angel hailey was. Just looking at that beautiful girls love with her father in those pictures tears at my heart strings. I have thought of every possibility when at the end of the day the truth is... Some people are just evil. There is no other way of looking at it. We all read the news everyday. Its a sick world with very sick people in it. We as parents, family and friends need to do our best to protect any of our loved ones from the evil for the rest of our lives. When you read about stories like this of a defenceless little human you think how in the world does this happen??? We'll have the answers one day.. Whether that be on DS court date in three years or rumours but I'm guessing no answer will ever make us understand or feel any better about who could do something like this but it will be closure.

By the looks of it Terry loved that little girl very much. I would bet money on it his comments about not wanting his child around drug addicted _____ (hate that word) is him referring to whoever CD was hanging around with. Anyone would be upset and angry just having a baby and not getting to be with the baby and his ex girlfriends got guys over hanging with the baby. I would be just a leery of it. When first watching the video of CD interview I was right on board with omg who goes on tv after hearing this news calling the killer a good guy??? You might as well admit me to the hospital cause I would go CRAZY screaming falling over I mean it I would lose my darn mind! But after reading everything about their families, the small town and age of CD when she had hailey. Its pretty clear she's just a young nieve girl who got pregnant young and tried to make it work after the pregnancy but it didn't and terry took over when mom maybe wanted her freedom back. And all of her behaviour this week is due to complete shock and quite frankly childish (JMO) .I was a mom at 23 and even felt like being a mother was a ton of work couldn't imagine being 17 or 18??? I doubt she has anything to do with it or anyone else. The detectives had a guy in custody and charged and bodies within 3 days. It has to be pretty clear for them to do that.

So until then we can speculate and be sad but always remember to show respect and not take it so serious as to start harassing the families. I never want to imagine what any of them are going through.

One last theory.....I also have had a 2 year old. Hailey was almost three. I don't know if its just me but all my children were still in cribs at this age? They would have never managed to crawl out and go see us if an altercation like this took place in our home. Not sure if she was or wasn't in crib (or their sleeping arrangements) but that would answer some questions if it was all random or she was the target. I hope not! Anyway JMO :)! I really hope Hailey and her daddy are in heaven together taking selfies right now as I type this..... RIP

I re-watched CD interview and I feel so heartbroken as she is seems to be in shock and denial.

But, one thing, is she says her and TB texted and talked regularly but then when asked by the reporter when was the last time she talked to TB she says September 9th? Perhaps she is in a state a shock, and she is confused because she left that town for a very good reason.

Until there is more, I guess i'll have to with possibly DS was a serial killer in the making since less than 1 week to this incident, a 69 yr old woman was found murdered in a home next to DS' grandparents.

I have just been thinking the same thing... Doesn't make sense...

Sorry I meant to reply to post about no one calling the police in the middle of the night. Wish someone would have called it in sooner.

But, one thing, is she says her and TB texted and talked regularly but then when asked by the reporter when was the last time she talked to TB she says September 9th? Perhaps she is in a state a shock, and she is confused because she left that town for a very good reason.

RSBM

That was the one thing that made my ears perk up at bit. Many other answers to questions were vague times, dates and timelines. The "Sept 9th" answer was quick and specific. And seemed to contradict the "texting back and forth all the time" comment. I realize "all the time" is subjective, but I wouldn't apply "all the time" to not having contact for for the last 5 days.

No problem, didn't see it that you were picking on my post. :) But now that you mentioned about what CD said, I thought I'd listen to it again and try and figure out what she actually said. Starting at 1:59 into the interview until 3:37.

Snipped for space.

Sorry to harp on but listened several times again and still hear 'IN' two weeks. Her 'and' and 'in' sound very different to me. She says 'and' like I do which is like 'n'.

I'll shut up if it's just me that hears that though!

About the paternity of the little girl, is it certain that no paternity test has been done, even if there hasn't been any mentioning of that in SM. CD's father doesn't seem to have liked TB, would he really had allowed HDB to stay with TB half the time if he had suspected him not being the bio-father?

RSBM

That was the one thing that made my ears perk up at bit. Many other answers to questions were vague times, dates and timelines. The "Sept 9th" answer was quick and specific. And seemed to contradict the "texting back and forth all the time" comment. I realize "all the time" is subjective, but I wouldn't apply "all the time" to not having contact for for the last 5 days.

That is exactly how I feel about my ex. I feel like we text "all the time", when in reality, what that means is that we text when something comes up with the kids. I tell people that we have a good relationship and are able to talk things out as adults, but that doesn't mean we text every day. It just means that when we need to say something, we say it, which is not always how relationships with ex's work. That is how I took it her response, but I could be wrong.

That is exactly how I feel about my ex. I feel like we text "all the time", when in reality, what that means is that we text when something comes up with the kids. I tell people that we have a good relationship and are able to talk things out as adults, but that doesn't mean we text every day. It just means that when we need to say something, we say it, which is not always how relationships with ex's work. That is how I took it her response, but I could be wrong.
I think she put a lot of emphasis on how frequently the spoke, personally.

This is true, but then asked when she last spoke to TB, it was a firm September 9th. I understand in a state of shock and confusion, the mind is racing, but there is just something that I can't figure out here.

I hope this won't be like the Nathan O'Brien case, where the RCMP just shuts everyone out. We are inquiring minds and want to know what led to this tragedy.

This is true, but then asked when she last spoke to TB, it was a firm September 9th. I understand in a state of shock and confusion, the mind is racing, but there is just something that I can't figure out here.

We saw from their FaceBooks that they kept in touch... commenting on each others photos. "All the time" doesn't have to mean every day.

She had probably been asked by RCMP when she last had contact with him... checked her phone and found it was the 9th. So the date was still in her mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18